Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Gender Identity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth7t7 View Post
    I agree 100%

Women In Leadership Weaken Nations In My Opinion, And Observation, In Modern And Biblical Society.

Germany's (Merkel) and UK's (May) are prime examples.

The Historical King Was A Warrior, On His Horse In Full Regalia Ready To Battle!

Pretty Hard For A Woman To Lead The Courageous Charge, Big Smiles!

Possibly that great movie with Mel Gibson "The Patriot" will be replaced with Ellen Degenerate and called "The Patrioette"

The truth of the matter is we are living in Obama's overflow of leftist agendas and a liberal Supreme court for the past 40 years?

The tide has turned and is coming in now, the liberal agenda is on the exit, stay tuned!

What's better than one progressive icon? Three progressive icons, obviously. With Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren by her side, RBG has the help she needs to continue smashing that patriarchy.

EDIT Image violation & advert ​​​​​​
    Why am I not even a little bit surprised that alt right fundies like you also have a strong misogynistic attitude.

We should deport people like you to the middle east where people share this sentiment.
    Last edited by Mod8; 01-16-19, 12:19 PM. Reason: quote box

Comment

Originally posted by Aagcobb View Post

Let people be themselves instead of trying to strait jacket them into predetermined roles.
      Then, frankly, we should do away with the very categories of "men" and "women", if they're not going to actually mean anything. It's kind of like priorities...if everything is your top priority, then nothing is your top priority. If gender can mean anything anyone wants it to mean (which is precisely where we are today), then gender means nothing. So let's just be totally rid of the entire concept of "boy" and "girl" or "men" and "women". Let's just go with biology. Male and female. There will be exceptions, of course (Swyer syndrome) but we can figure out that piece.
      "It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man." - Alex Vilenkin

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

LOL! Strong intelligent women just scare the dickens out of you.
        No aholes do. I am married to a woman I know would make you soil your panties.
        "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

I agree 100%

Women In Leadership Weaken Nations In My Opinion, And Observation, In Modern And Biblical Society.
          As Yahweh says somewhere , He punishes peoples by putting women in charge over them - as they derail authority and nations resulting in a multitude of turmoil, stress and problems beyond measuring, unseen. (in spirit, mind, and the physical realm).

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post

As Yahweh says somewhere , He punishes peoples by putting women in charge over them - as they derail authority and nations resulting in a multitude of turmoil, stress and problems beyond measuring, unseen. (in spirit, mind, and the physical realm).
            Just look at what Esther did for the Jewish people!!!! She derailed the authority of Haman, causing stress and problems beyond measuring. How much turmoil could have been voided if only Haman had prevailed.

You might want to think about your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

I’m not a leftist, but that’s a strawmen since nobody wants to eradicate any identity. Rather, sensible people recognize that gender is socially defined while sex is biologicallly defined. The proof of this fact is the observation that a person (male or female) is ..dressed like a girl.. or ..has a guys haircut..

When people talk about wanting someone to be able go to the bathroom of their gender, they mean that they think folks that look like women and who anyone would think is a woman doesn’t have to be forced to go to the bathroom for people who look like men. And vice versa. This is just common sense. A lesbian friend of mine goes to the men’s room because it doesn’t cause any talk or commotion. Everyone assumes she is a man. She knows if she used the womens room, there’d be all sorts of talk by anyone who obseves her..apparently a man using a woman’s bathroom. It’s just better for everyone involved if she uses the men’s room.
              But not even all in those societies which have gender ideology accept it, whereas everyone is still male or female or a combination thereof.

Your lesbian friend is a woman by definition of lesbian so the women's is where she should go.. especially since a lesbian is a woman who is sexually attracted to women!!! What relevance then is her identity as lesbian? You are just talking contradictory nonsense.

Comment

How long ago THIS seems (1992)...

EDIT image violation

(Note the subtitle)
                Last edited by Mod8; 01-16-19, 12:32 PM. Reason: images permitted only for super members
                "It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man." - Alex Vilenkin

Comment

Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post

But not even all in those societies which have gender ideology accept it, whereas everyone is still male or female or a combination thereof.
                  And? Societies don’t accept lots of things.

Your lesbian friend is a woman by definition of lesbian so the women's is where she should go.. especially since a lesbian is a woman who is sexually attracted to women!!! What relevance then is her identity as lesbian? You are just talking contradictory nonsense.
                  Your opinion hardly changes any of the facts. She considers herself a lesbian but looks like a man and people assume she is a man wherever she goes. Out of respect for how people view her, and knowing it would cause issues if she didn’t do so, she uses the men’s room. That way no parents are have to explain to their children why a man just went in the women’s room and no one screams insults at her for being a man and going to the wrong restroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post
                    Not right, no. Deviants/ perverts of any ilk should be jailed.
                    They can only be prosecuted when they assault someone. They've got no business in there casing the place with children, women, and any potential victims of any stripe. So set the expectation not to proceed down the path of deviance and prevision from the outset. This is not rocket science.

It is very (often) obvious immediately when one is in the wrong bathroom - arrest them.
                    That would rectify the issue.

When it is not so obvious, arrest them when it becomes known.

In either case, arrest them.
                    It makes too much sense. The left would never stand for it.

Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Ivan View Post

Then, frankly, we should do away with the very categories of "men" and "women", if they're not going to actually mean anything. It's kind of like priorities...if everything is your top priority, then nothing is your top priority. If gender can mean anything anyone wants it to mean (which is precisely where we are today), then gender means nothing. So let's just be totally rid of the entire concept of "boy" and "girl" or "men" and "women". Let's just go with biology. Male and female. There will be exceptions, of course (Swyer syndrome) but we can figure out that piece.
                      Again, I'm not interested in dictating to people what they should identify as, though for some reason it seems to be important to you. Individuals can make their own choices, in consultation with whichever spiritual or medical counselors they choose. Freedom, what a concept, huh?

Comment

Again, I'm not interested in dictating to people what they should identify as, though for some reason it seems to be important to you. Individuals can make their own choices, in consultation with whichever spiritual or medical counselors they choose. Freedom, what a concept, huh?
                        If individuals can literally make up whatever they want, then why even have the concept of gender at all? The terms "boys" and "girls" and "men" and "women" are utterly meaningless.

Even though, as the Time article from 1992 shows, we know that there are very real differences between men and women, boys and girls, that people are born with. Let's just pretend, though, that all that isn't real.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Ivan View Post

If individuals can literally make up whatever they want, then why even have the concept of gender at all? The terms "boys" and "girls" and "men" and "women" are utterly meaningless.

Even though, as the Time article from 1992 shows, we know that there are very real differences between men and women, boys and girls, that people are born with. Let's just pretend, though, that all that isn't real.
                          Of course its real. You just want to reject the science of the last few decades and pigeonhole people in the category you have decided they belong in based on the criteria you have selected despite your lack of medical training. Why is that important to you?

Comment

Of course its real. You just want to reject the science of the last few decades and pigeonhole people in the category you have decided they belong in based on the criteria you have selected despite your lack of medical training. Why is that important to you?
                            If there are ACTUAL, scientific differences between boys and girls, and men and women, that people are BORN WITH, then that means that gender (boys and girls, men and women) is not divorced from sexual biology, is not simply a social construct. That runs completely contrary to what people in this very thread have claimed, and what is being taught today. As an example from this thread...

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                            sensible people recognize that gender is socially defined while sex is biologicallly defined.
                            So I'm going to say this....if the Time magazine article citing these studies that men and women, boys and girls, are born with these differences and are not the product of society is CORRECT, then that should have implications for how we approach issues of identity. For example, I am of Italian descent. If I am looking to claim a scholarship set aside for people of African descent, and I simply choose to *identify* as black, I qualify for the scholarship. Now clearly my skin is something I'm born with, so it makes NO sense for me to *rightfully* be able to claim a different ethnicity than what I was born with. In other words, it would be wrong for me to claim to be black, because I'm simply NOT. And if I did claim to be black and won the scholarship, that takes a scholarship from someone for whom the scholarship was actually designed.

I don't imagine you'd think that would be ok or justifiable, or something you'd simply chalk up to "hey why wouldn't we allow people to choose their own identity?" I'm sure you'd say that this is somehow different. But if the Time article and those studies they cite are correct, then no, it's not different.

So this issue should matter to all of us.
                            Last edited by Crazy Ivan; 01-16-19, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Women need to get married, have children, and take care of their house and husband.
                              Fundamentalists need to move to Mogadishu, and leave this country to the rest of us.

If "biblical society" is weakened by women in positions of leadership, "biblical society" is too weak to be viable.

Comment

EDIT Bickering , replying to deleted post

Comment

Working...
                                X