Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

With all this hand-wringing over bathroom politics...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all this hand-wringing over bathroom politics...

... why aren't conservatives worried about homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?

The concern stereotypically involves a biological male who identifies as female (or who otherwise has their gender changed), getting into the ladies' room, and molesting the girls/women. OK, let's assume people with penises are only allowed in the men's room from now on, and similarly, people with vaginas in the women's room.

Why is there no worry about lesbians assaulting little girls in there? Male homosexuals molesting little boys? How come there aren't any legislative efforts at keeping THESE perverts away from our kids?
    The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Seems pretty clear that slippery slope arguments about who should be allowed in which bathroom are null and void: kids have always been in danger of being assaulted by people of whatever gender the child identifies with.
    The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
      Seems pretty clear that slippery slope arguments about who should be allowed in which bathroom are null and void: kids have always been in danger of being assaulted by people of whatever gender the child identifies with.
      And Biblically, it's clear the the DECLARING OF A LAW, creates in humans the DESIRE TO BREAK IT. As Human nature continues to shake off it's "Social constraints", we Ain't Seen NOTHING yet!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the off-topic nonsense, Bob.

Why aren't conservatives gnashing their teeth about the possibility of homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?

Comment

... why aren't conservatives worried about homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?

The concern stereotypically involves a biological male who identifies as female (or who otherwise has their gender changed), getting into the ladies' room, and molesting the girls/women. OK, let's assume people with penises are only allowed in the men's room from now on, and similarly, people with vaginas in the women's room.

Why is there no worry about lesbians assaulting little girls in there? Male homosexuals molesting little boys? How come there aren't any legislative efforts at keeping THESE perverts away from our kids?
          No, the concern I think mainly has been for men who either pretend to identify as woman, or are lazy and rude, and waltz into the ladies room with full blown lumberjack mode.

And its its not necessarily as physical threat, but as making women uncomfortable and being peeping toms under cover of political correctness.

Comment

You don't have any children.

Comment

You don't have kids.

Easy answer. We have ways of making your friends dread the physical consequences of unwanted touching.

Comment

"It's not about bathrooms...just as it was never about drinking fountains" George Takei

Comment

Originally posted by Dantae View Post

"It's not about bathrooms...just as it was never about drinking fountains" George Takei
                  Drag queens don't go to the head to do their business, they go for a political message.

Comment

Because rightists cant virtue signal on that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post

No, the concern I think mainly has been for men who either pretend to identify as woman, or are lazy and rude, and waltz into the ladies room with full blown lumberjack mode.

And its its not necessarily as physical threat, but as making women uncomfortable and being peeping toms under cover of political correctness.
                      If you have to fall back on 'political correctness = rape/death' then your claim isn't real, it's just RW scare tactics.

Comment

I finally figured it out. The nutty idea that men would dress up like women to perv in womens' restrooms is projection. Specifically, they can't imagine why anyone would be transgender and not be a pervert. It's reassuring to understand it's just perversion, which they can relate with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantae View Post

Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post

So there's no real/serious concern with - say - homosexual men molesting little boys in the men's room?

Why not?

Comment

Oooh, I'd totally forgotten about this; happened to me just before Christmas:

There's a mall near Boston I used to go to when I was a kid. The area has gotten richer over the decades, to the point where the mall is pretty snazzy: lots of expensive stores, even the food / gift carts are snooty. Anyhoo, I hadn't been there in a little while, and had to do some shopping for a birthday. One of the must-haves on my list was a card from Love Pop, which has carts/booths in select east coast malls here in the north east.

I drove to that mall - and got completely lost. Parking was a nightmare, and even in the mall itself, I was pretty disoriented. I wasn't a bad experience, but I was surprised at how confusing I found it all. At one point, I had to use the restrooms. I looked around for signs, saw the text pointing down a hall, and I paid it a visit. Huge arching open-door, and around the corner were nice stalls and a place to wash your hands. I think there was even an area with cushy chairs away from the stalls, I assumed for friends to wait or chill before heading back into the stores.

Of course, it was the ladies room. It was wide open and airy, and there weren't many people in it. I think I got an odd look from one woman as I walked out, but no one stopped me or said anything. Really, there was very little around to let me know I shouldn't be there.

I felt pretty embarrassed, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided there was nothing to feel bad about. No one freaked out in the least, and it's not like I did anything unusual (beyond the obvious). I'd seen changing stations in men's rooms before, and with parents wanting to keep little kids with them whenever they're walking through large crowds, it almost made sense that the whole thing would be low key and hassle free.

It was an odd experience I'd forgotten until now - and the reason I'd forgotten it is because it was NBD.

Comment

Working...
                              X