Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

With all this hand-wringing over bathroom politics...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by America View Post
    it was the ladies room.
    I decided there was nothing to feel bad about.

Not surprised

Comment

... why aren't conservatives worried about homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?

The concern stereotypically involves a biological male who identifies as female (or who otherwise has their gender changed), getting into the ladies' room, and molesting the girls/women. OK, let's assume people with penises are only allowed in the men's room from now on, and similarly, people with vaginas in the women's room.

Why is there no worry about lesbians assaulting little girls in there? Male homosexuals molesting little boys? How come there aren't any legislative efforts at keeping THESE perverts away from our kids?
      Heres what the idiots on your side of the argument are too stupid to grasp, nobody cares which bathroom you use we just don't need to know about it. The morons have pathological need to be the center of attention. If a lady who likes like a man wants to pee in a urinal nobody cares but when we are all compelled to live by those rules it becomes thuggish.
      "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
      Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

... why aren't conservatives worried about homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?

The concern stereotypically involves a biological male who identifies as female (or who otherwise has their gender changed), getting into the ladies' room, and molesting the girls/women. OK, let's assume people with penises are only allowed in the men's room from now on, and similarly, people with vaginas in the women's room.

Why is there no worry about lesbians assaulting little girls in there? Male homosexuals molesting little boys? How come there aren't any legislative efforts at keeping THESE perverts away from our kids?
        Molestation has always been a danger that lurks around, in all the forms it appears.

The transgender thing concerns possible transgenders who do not pass and thus are obviously a gender that is not normally allowed in a given facility. Indeed, transgenderism has no appearance requirements.
        A transgender who does pass, well, no one will ever know different.

There's been a big reason why males haven't been allowed in female facilities over the years. Or a female in a male facility.

Protecting a women's room from a hypothetical lesbian who is up to no good is an entirely different thing since they are a woman in a women's facility.

Comment

Obviously, the author of the OP has never tried to share a urinal. Why are they single service fixtures anyways?

Comment

So there's no real/serious concern with - say - homosexual men molesting little boys in the men's room?

Why not?
            I think there should be concern for kids with thst, as well as simply potential bullies, whatever, and reasonable precautions taken,observation etc.

I assume most others think Thst as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

If you have to fall back on 'political correctness = rape/death' then your claim isn't real, it's just RW scare tactics.
              A post utterly divorced from the content of my own, meant to demonize the right based on your typical posting of late.

Comment

Originally posted by somnia View Post

Molestation has always been a danger that lurks around, in all the forms it appears.

The transgender thing concerns possible transgenders who do not pass and thus are obviously a gender that is not normally allowed in a given facility. Indeed, transgenderism has no appearance requirements.
                A transgender who does pass, well, no one will ever know different.

There's been a big reason why males haven't been allowed in female facilities over the years. Or a female in a male facility.

Protecting a women's room from a hypothetical lesbian who is up to no good is an entirely different thing since they are a woman in a women's facility.
                Yea the whole uproar comes down to visuals. The underlying goal was to do away with visual passing. Trans have always had the “right” to go where they please if they put forth even a modest effort to pass. This is about forcing change i culture, not rights. How dare we say a woman can’t be a 6’4 wirey bearded grunting lumberjack. How bigottxed of us.
                Last edited by Simpletruther; 01-16-19, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post

I think there should be concern for kids with thst, as well as simply potential bullies, whatever, and reasonable precautions taken,observation etc.

Now you sound like those wimps at Gillette, concern for kids and potential bullying. . .

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

Now you sound like those wimps at Gillette, concern for kids and potential bullying. . .
                    No, pretty much everyone is concerned about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

I finally figured it out. The nutty idea that men would dress up like women to perv in womens' restrooms is projection. Specifically, they can't imagine why anyone would be transgender and not be a pervert. It's reassuring to understand it's just perversion, which they can relate with.
                      Do they see something of themselves in their projection, I wonder?
                      On the evidence:

If there were no Patriarchs, no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan, no united monarchy under David and Solomon. Can the early biblical Israel described in the books of Moses, Judges, Joshua, and Samuel, ever have existed at all?

Comment

Well, first, as a grown man, I would be more worried about being robbed than molested in a public restroom (nearly happened once too). Secondly, I don't have a son but a daughter. I would have accompanied my young son if that was the case.

I've always been a proponent of single-occupancy restrooms anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the off-topic nonsense, Bob.

Why aren't conservatives gnashing their teeth about the possibility of homosexuals assaulting them in single-sex restrooms?
                          cant address someting that doesnt exist. I get the question about the possibility of a homosexual man and a boy, fair question, but a person of the biological male sex, a man, identifying as a woman? Well he has a dysphoria then. Bathrooms are segregated by biological sex, not gender. A person who is of the male biological sex is in the wrong bathroom if he goes into the women's.

the answer to the OP is that for the conservatives to ring their hands about somthing, it firsts needs to exist. Or are you saying a homosexual man doesnt have to be biologically male?

Comment

That's not what i asked, though.

You're right: there should be concern. Why isn't there? One of the stereotypical arguments against "dual-use" restrooms has to do with transgenders being a threat to kids (and women to some extent). Why isn't there just as much concern about homosexuals being just as much of a threat?

Comment

That's not what i asked, though.

You're right: there should be concern. Why isn't there? One of the stereotypical arguments against "dual-use" restrooms has to do with transgenders being a threat to kids (and women to some extent). Why isn't there just as much concern about homosexuals being just as much of a threat?
                              As I explained, I do not think Thst is the case. Most people are not concerned about transgendered. We all knew all long Thst transgendered have been going to our bathrooms. It’s no a big deal.

No, the concern is over the desire to change culture, such that eventually bearded lumber jacks can waltz into the girls room and we have to just pretend it’s ok, or be called hateful bigottxs.

Comment

As I explained, I do not think Thst is the case. Most people are not concerned about transgendered. We all knew all long Thst transgendered have been going to our bathrooms. It’s no a big deal.

No, the concern is over the desire to change culture, such that eventually bearded lumber jacks can waltz into the girls room and we have to just pretend it’s ok, or be called hateful bigottxs.
                                if it is not a big deal then why have Christian groups like MassResistance been concocting stories about predatory men dressing up as women and hunting for victims in bathrooms?

Comment

Working...
                                X