Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Gillette used a razor to cut its own throat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillette used a razor to cut its own throat

For some odd reason, the SJWs figured they should get into the act and make an ad that was NOT about their product. I guess Gillette figured that in this PC world, they needed to hire some feminine voices to balance the scales of the male testosterone-dominated world. What better way to advertise a RAZOR than to use the entire commercial to excoriate men?? Not only that, they use the far leftist female on The Young Turks of all places as if she is someone that men who shave the world over want to scold them and admonish them about their behavior@! Apparently, Gillette has some wild notion that men actually listen to this feminazi!! They drone on and show men at a barbecue as if barbecues should now be frowned on as male-dominated events meant solely to show the virility of males in a male-dominated society.

It appears that these nerds at Gillette don't realize that we are being indoctrinated 24/7 by mainstream news and government and don't need Gillette to continue the onslaught of PC as if we were in Europe. Perhaps the BBC and CNN hand a hand in this commercial. We know The YUpoung Turks did and they got many millions from some liberal donor.

They lost lots of men with this commercial. Perhaps they didn't understand that their product is for men??!@ I guess the guys that call GI Joes "dolls" will continue to use their product so they can teach their sons not to be bullies at BBQs or when they shave.
    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

It blows the mind how much P&G has for advertising. They can drop 20 million by rolling out new and improved Tide by adding blue dots.

Here they can call Burson-Marsteller who got the call when COKE choked on dropping classic COKE. Drop 20 million on PR firm.

Remember Trump says bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I suspect Gillette sales will fall and they will lose revenue by BOYcott with other products.

Comment

Originally posted by Deist View Post
      For some odd reason, the SJWs figured they should get into the act and make an ad that was NOT about their product. I guess Gillette figured that in this PC world, they needed to hire some feminine voices to balance the scales of the male testosterone-dominated world. What better way to advertise a RAZOR than to use the entire commercial to excoriate men?? Not only that, they use the far leftist female on The Young Turks of all places as if she is someone that men who shave the world over want to scold them and admonish them about their behavior@! Apparently, Gillette has some wild notion that men actually listen to this feminazi!! They drone on and show men at a barbecue as if barbecues should now be frowned on as male-dominated events meant solely to show the virility of males in a male-dominated society.

It appears that these nerds at Gillette don't realize that we are being indoctrinated 24/7 by mainstream news and government and don't need Gillette to continue the onslaught of PC as if we were in Europe. Perhaps the BBC and CNN hand a hand in this commercial. We know The YUpoung Turks did and they got many millions from some liberal donor.

They lost lots of men with this commercial. Perhaps they didn't understand that their product is for men??!@ I guess the guys that call GI Joes "dolls" will continue to use their product so they can teach their sons not to be bullies at BBQs or when they shave.
      Yea, they could have got the same message across without coming scross as a huge broadbrush. Bad move.

Comment

I wandered over to Twitter and quite a few men are defending Gillette. I have asked them why Gillette feels the need to talk about bullying. What does that have to do with razor blades?

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

Comment

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post

Yea, they could have got the same message across without coming scross as a huge broadbrush. Bad move.
          or call it a good move. It make the display of stupidity more vivid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

or call it a good move. It make the display of stupidity more vivid.
            This seems to be a pattern in America today. People and companies think they are supposed to save the world and tell others how to live and behave. I know this is what religion does, but now leftists are getting into the act in Hollywood, in government, and on TV. Now we need corporations to spank grown men.

Comment

This is like the third thread on the topic. Hilarious watching all the rightist snowflakes get triggered over a razor commercial!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                This is like the third thread on the topic. Hilarious watching all the rightist snowflakes get triggered over a razor commercial!
                The commercial is over your head. They want men to be snowflakes. You can be the first one.

Comment

It certainly melted your snow flake! Relax, your manhood is safe from SJWs Real men don't fear indoctrination, or being picked on by ad campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                    It's the RW victim grievance culture. Manhood isn't something you are, it's something you display so no one thinks yer a liberal sissy. Much the same to prevent people from thinking you're a homo or beta cuck. Real manhood has to be defended from SJWs who are coming to take it away. Who knew SJWs were so powerful?

Comment

I guess you're a P U SSY then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

The commercial is over your head. They want men to be snowflakes. You can be the first one.
                        The first one? I know that was satire. There are so many male snowflakes here, I think we're in a blizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by TeabagSalad View Post

Why would that be? Unlike you, I don't call GO Joe a "doll".

Comment

I wandered over to Twitter and quite a few men are defending Gillette. I have asked them why Gillette feels the need to talk about bullying. What does that have to do with razor blades?
                            Virtue signaling is a difficult thing for some. Like peer pressure in high school. They all want to tell you they are compassionate and caring, in tune with feminist needs and "woke."

And then someone hints they might be gay and the gloves come off. How dare you impugn my manliness!

Hilarious.
                            “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                            Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by TeabagSalad View Post

I bet you don't use Gillette razors. heh

If you do, you need to tone it down a little, manly Rudolph, your bright red nose is blinding me man!
                              “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                              Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Working...
                              X