Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Gillette used a razor to cut its own throat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

It's the RW victim grievance culture. Manhood isn't something you are, it's something you display so no one thinks yer a liberal sissy. Much the same to prevent people from thinking you're a homo or beta cuck. Real manhood has to be defended from SJWs who are coming to take it away. Who knew SJWs were so powerful?
    Real manhood isn't claiming solidarity with pink hatters by saying GI Joes are really dolls just so that you can say that boys really DO play with dolls, and therefore "Johnny" it's OK if you want to wear a dress to school, while he watches you shave with your gillette razor..
    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Virtue signaling is a difficult thing for some. Like peer pressure in high school. They all want to tell you they are compassionate and caring, in tune with feminist needs and "woke."

And then someone hints they might be gay and the gloves come off. How dare you impugn my manliness!

Hilarious.
      I think you're right. I toy around with a far far left liberal on my FB page and suggested he was compassionate and inclusive with other people's money and would never take an illegal alien family into his own home. The fur flew.

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
        This is like the third thread on the topic. Hilarious watching all the rightist snowflakes get triggered over a razor commercial!
        Mind telling me what bullying and barbecues have to do with Gillette razors?

PS. I just looked for the other two threads on this topic and don't find them. Do you work for CNN? This would be something they would report.

Comment

It's the RW victim grievance culture. Manhood isn't something you are, it's something you display so no one thinks yer a liberal sissy. Much the same to prevent people from thinking you're a homo or beta cuck. Real manhood has to be defended from SJWs who are coming to take it away. Who knew SJWs were so powerful?
          Hey girl, whats up.

I've been manly all my life, comes natural, actually

I was born this way.

Me personally, I don't worry about SJW men, most will likely come to their senses when the time calls for it, like taking the bad guy down, or any number of things females would call them wussies over for not acting like a man.

The ones who cannot, well, God makes all kinds. I don't fault men for it. Some of them should surely just make the transition to girl, so the rest of us are not confused.
          “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

As I said on the last topic.

I didn't know the message of "Don't be a jerk, don't teach your kids to be jerks" was such an outrageous thought.
            ďI like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.Ē
            -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
            -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by Deist View Post

Mind telling me what bullying and barbecues have to do with Gillette razors?
              The same thing that attractive girls have to do with drinking beer or hamburgers. Seriously, commercials using ideas that have nothng to do with their product has been going on for decades Whats hilarious is watching all the right wing snowflakes get triggered by commercial.

PS. I just looked for the other two threads on this topic and don't find them. Do you work for CNN? This would be something they would report.
              Hemi posted one. I thought there was another one, but maybe not.

Comment

The same thing that attractive girls have to do with drinking beer or hamburgers. Seriously, commercials using ideas that have nothng to do with their product has been going on for decades Whats hilarious is watching all the right wing snowflakes get triggered by commercial.

Hemi posted one. I thought there was another one, but maybe not.
                I haven't seen this going on for decades. It is a relatively recent phenomenon. It is due to SJWs now rising to high places in corporations and not being satisfied with their lives and wanting to use their newfound power and influence to change the world into the model they think it should be. So what they do is use a company that makes razors of all things, to talk about bullying and think this cool and cutting edge and macho men who enjoy barbecues are a big problem in the world. I'm surprised they didn't work into the commercial a big screen TV with the bully men watching the super bowl while they barbecued.

No one is suggesting that bullying is a good thing or that men who mistreat or demean women is fine. What we're saying is that there is zero connection with a razor blade. We're saying we're tired of the moralizing everywhere we go. If we want this sort of in your face garbage, we would be watching the Young Turks, which is probably the most far left show on the planet, and the female in the commercial is their star. Tell me how it happened that Gillette finds that one far leftist to be in the commercial unless those who made this commercial for Gillette are also far leftists with an agenda and using Gillette to promote that agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post

I didn't know the message of "Don't be a jerk, don't teach your kids to be jerks" was such an outrageous thought.
                  Well, thatís easy to say.

Bit suppose there is a commercial reminding us of toxic feminism. And the point of the commercial was women need to do better, and not be nagging bitxches to their husbands.

Now, That is a good and true message. But it most certainly would invoke outrage, and for good reason. Becasue it tends to imply something in general that isnít true.

Comment

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post

Yep, a whole lotta hysteria over nothing. Kneejerking to the supreme, honestly. From what I had heard I thought this would be an outrageous man-hating ad, but when I watched it I was left scratching my head over the hubbub.

I don't use Gillette and haven't for years now (simply too costly what they started charging for their razors), and I've been using Dollar Shave Club since.... but if I did use Gillette, I can't see how this commercial would make me not want to.

Honestly the only objectionable thing I saw in that ad was their short clip of that chick from The Young Turks being included.
                    A forum liberal
                    "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Deist View Post

Real manhood isn't claiming solidarity with pink hatters by saying GI Joes are really dolls just so that you can say that boys really DO play with dolls, and therefore "Johnny" it's OK if you want to wear a dress to school, while he watches you shave with your gillette razor..
                      Yeah, that happens all the time

I just realized something, you tell me how it sounds. The end target of this ad campaign isn't men, it's women.

Comment

Yeah, that happens all the time

I just realized something, you tell me how it sounds. The end target of this ad campaign isn't men, it's women.
                        So, you think Gillette is playing to feminist women who shave? Perhaps, but from what I have seen of the pink hatters, they don't shave their legs or armpits. Nor would any man who barbecues on Sundays with his buddies want to associate with a pink hatter. That leaves the rest of the female populace who do shave their legs and armpits and I doubt they object to men barbecuing.

But, this isn't the point. Do we need a razor company using a far left wing whacked out Trump hating female to tell men they are sexist pigs? It appears a female was behind the commercial. I don't have the desire to look up her background but I suspect she is a SJW and using her position to promote justice and save America because her job *****.

Comment

Right? All the risghtist snowflakes are like. Oh noooeees, a razor company thinks guys should be decent. TrIgErEd!!!!

Comment

Stefan Molyneux had an excellent reaction video to this idiotic commercial. Especially noting the anti-white stuff that is prevalent throughout (and the fact that not only are people like Al Franken and Harvey Weinstein shown in their little headline collage, but that they included a clip of Anna Kasparian of The Young Turks - aka the 'news' organization that is named after the perpetrators of the genocide of 1.5 million Armenian Christians and whose boss Cenk Ungyur has denied said genocide ever occurred, and who knowingly named the group after said perpetrators). https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...its-own-throat
                            "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Right? All the risghtist snowflakes are like. Oh noooeees, a razor company thinks guys should be decent. TrIgErEd!!!!
                              I don't think you'll see conservatives baying at the moon, or openly weeping at the sight of a Nacy Pelosi or Kamala Harris poster, or setting cars on fire because Michael Moore was a speaker at a college, or denying the right for the racist Don Lemon to speak at some campus, or needing a rubber room and a therapy dog on campus because a liberal called them a fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by ForwardInChrist48 View Post
                                Stefan Molyneux had an excellent reaction video to this idiotic commercial. Especially noting the anti-white stuff that is prevalent throughout (and the fact that not only are people like Al Franken and Harvey Weinstein shown in their little headline collage, but that they included a clip of Anna Kasparian of The Young Turks - aka the 'news' organization that is named after the perpetrators of the genocide of 1.5 million Armenian Christians and whose boss Cenk Ungyur has denied said genocide ever occurred, and who knowingly named the group after said perpetrators). https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...its-own-throat
                                I'm not sure what is going at Gillette upper management to have crafted an obvious SJW commercial displaying antagonism against white people (the "hero" is a black person who has to control white people). I suspect Cenk Ungyur, that openly racist turk, played a part in the commercial. If this was run by the DNC or some far left wing radical group, I wouldn't have made the thread at all because it would be expected that those kind of groups would try to indoctrinate Americans into radical leftism. But a RAZOR company???

I'm getting fed up with the continual indoctrination attempts. We get this with the mainstream media daily indoctrinating Americans into hatred of Trump and conservatism and now we have to be subjected to it in a commercial?? And a product that has absolutely zero to do with bullying? When was it that corporations thought that THEY TOO had be join the SJWs and spank Americans and grown WHITE men? Are we going to start seeing commercials by Ivory soap denouncing the wall, or commercials by GM on the benefits of abortion, or by Kohls on free college?

Ironically, the commercial at the top of this page right now is for Harry's razor. I hope they kill Gillette. Oh wait!! I shouldn't use the word "kill". That could be construed as bullying and hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X