Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Trump loses in court again: Judge blocks citizenship census question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump loses in court again: Judge blocks citizenship census question

The RW agenda to marginalize groups they don't like took another blow from the courts. The federal judge calls bulls*** on the reason the admin gave to include the question.
    Trump Citizenship Question on 2020 Census Blocked by Court

A federal judge blocked the Trump Administration’s plan to put a question about citizenship on the 2020 census, which will help determine U.S. elections, congressional seats and federal funding decisions for a decade.

The ruling comes after a two-week trial in Manhattan that the government sought more than a dozen times to derail. The Supreme Court may have the last word, though the court will have to move quickly to let the Census Bureau meet its June deadline to start printing the questionnaire. The high court is already scheduled to consider a preliminary issue in the case in February.

Critics of the question -- “Is this person a citizen of the United States?” -- said it was an attempt by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to promote a Trump administration effort to undercount Hispanics and other minorities.

"Hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of people will go uncounted in the census if the citizenship question is included," U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman said in a 277-page opinion. "In arriving at his decision as he did, Secretary Ross violated the law," the judge said, adding the secretary also "violated the public trust."

The judge also ruled that Ross’s rationale for the change -- that it was to help promote enforcement of the Voting Rights Act -- was "pretextual." Furman said the decision violated the Administrative Procedures Act, a federal law that sets requirements for making changes to agency regulations.
    "Kids & Adults love Fairy Tale Ark exhibit" - Ken Ham

So asking a non citizen, whether he is a citizen, is the Trump Master Plan.

Scary, ain't it.

Next thing you know they will ask whether you like pizza.

Scandalous!
    “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
    Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Scary, ain't it.

Scandalous!
      Don't travel to Mexico. They have Checkpoints.

Comment

Scary, ain't it.

Scandalous!
        Court-blocked.

Comment

So, now after 2020 we won't know how many citizens the USA has.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
            So, now after 2020 we won't know how many citizens the USA has.
            Why do you think that's important to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Aagcobb View Post

Why do you think that's important to know?
              Then why take a census?

Comment

Then why take a census?
                I see, you are one of those "constitutional conservatives" who haven't actually read the Constitution or know what it says.

Comment

Then why take a census?
                  Census? We don't need no stinking census!

I say we cut a few House seats from California.

In my estimation, they've lost residents.

And no one can say otherwise because.....Census? We don't need no stinking census!

Do these people see past the end of their noses?
                  “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                  Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

I see, you are one of those "constitutional conservatives" who haven't actually read the Constitution or know what it says.
                    You didn't answer my question. Why?

I see you are one of those illegal aliens....

Comment

Census? We don't need no stinking census!

I say we cut a few House seats from California.

In my estimation, they've lost residents.

And no one can say otherwise because.....Census? We don't need no stinking census!

Do these people see past the end of their noses?
                      Census was a bright spot for Obama's employment numbers. He counted them as jobs created twice. Once when hired for training and once when hired to take census.

I suggest Trump furnish ICE Polo shirts for Custom workers to wear when knocking on doors.

Comment

You didn't answer my question.
                        He asked first, and you didn't answer.
                        The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

You didn't answer my question. Why?

I see you are one of those illegal aliens....
                          I was hoping to inspire you to do your own research, but I see that like many conservatives, you are lazy and want to be spoonfed. Here is a link to Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the US Constitution, which explains why we have a census. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...epresentatives

Comment

He doesn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethean View Post

He doesn't know.
                              It helps explain why so many conservatives are so easily duped by grifters and conmen like Trump.

Comment

Working...
                              X