Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How to sabotage yourself with yourself.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sabotage yourself with yourself.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...ng-senate-vote

This is classic. Poor Markey-Cortez, all flustered that their ideas were laughed at.

One of the co-authors of the Green New Deal is slamming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., for announcing he’s bringing the resolution to a vote.

Last week, Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass, and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., introduced a sprawling blueprint of an environmental and economic overhaul that has gotten the support of numerous Democrats, including most of the candidates who have announced 2020 presidential runs.

However, after McConnell told the press that he would bring the Green New Deal to a vote, Markey took to Twitter to slam the decision.

“Don’t let Mitch McConnell fool you: this is nothing but an attempt to sabotage the movement we are building. He wants to silence your voice so Republicans don’t have to explain why they are climate change deniers. McConnell wants this to be the end, this is just the beginning,” Markey tweeted. “This isn't a new Republican trick. By rushing a vote on the #GreenNewDeal resolution, Republicans want to avoid a true national debate & kill our efforts to organize. We’re having the first national conversation on climate change in a decade. We can’t let Republicans sabotage it.”
    ed markey, who co-sponsored the green new deal with alexandria ocasio-cortez, is calling mitch mcconnell’s announcement for a floor vote of their non-binding resolution “sabotage.”
    Please, tomorrow, do some more sabotage. We will all wait here.
    “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
    Carl Sagan

God is love.

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

This is classic. Poor Markey-Cortez, all flustered that their ideas were laughed at.

Thanks for the post, what a joke!

I can't wait to see how those running are going to vote, they will kill their chances if they sign on to the radical leftist agenda?

Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Sherrod Brown?

Comment

I thought they said there is urgency? I mean tipping points and all, tomorrow may be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth7t7 View Post
        Thanks for the post, what a joke!

I can't wait to see how those running are going to vote, they will kill their chances if they sign on to the radical leftist agenda?

Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Sherrod Brown?
        We will sit and watch them claim they agreed to this, but not that, to a sort of green agenda, but not that green agenda.

I imagine most will eventually deny the Green Agenda.
        “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
        Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
          I thought they said there is urgency? I mean tipping points and all, tomorrow may be too late.
          It is only urgent when they say it is. Like when it is convenient.

12 years seems awful urgent. I mean, Bowie gave us 5 years, and we are still here. Bowie was waaaay smarter than bug eyed Cortez, I don't imagine the cis-gendered-non-penis person will be correct.
          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

He's right it IS sabotage, just not of the GND. It's taking a rough resolution that hasn't had the time to go through compromise and revision, and putting democrats on the spot with it. Now, they can either support it, along with the baggage that came with it's poor unveiling (ban aircraft!, Support the unwilling to work!) and risk having the baggage used against them in the election, or vote against it, and have the louder, more progressive members of their base go ballistic for them voting against it.

Democrats can thank AOC for the series of rookie mistakes that lead up to this "sabotage".
            “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
            -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
            -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post
              He's right it IS sabotage, just not of the GND.
              Sabotage is not the right word at all.

It is exposing it for public humiliation.

You can't insert crazy into crazy, its already there. I do agree it has an added benefit of putting them on record....which many of the relevant ones already were.

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post
              It's taking a rough resolution that hasn't had the time to go through compromise and revision, and putting democrats on the spot with it. Now, they can either support it, along with the baggage that came with it's poor unveiling (ban aircraft!, Support the unwilling to work!) and risk having the baggage used against them in the election, or vote against it, and have the louder, more progressive members of their base go ballistic for them voting against it.

Democrats can thank AOC for the series of rookie mistakes that lead up to this "sabotage".
              I am a little surprised at the hardball, Republicans didn't seem to have a bat and glove for a long time.

Yes, it is cramming it down their throats. They want hardball tactics, and its about time the Republicans deliver.
              Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Too funny, they wanted free reign, to be the only player on the field for 6 months.

That they expected there wouldn't be a GOP response only illustrates their complete political incompetence, now added to their evident ignorance of basic economics and the free market system they live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
                  n>Precisely! Every day is vital because the Prophetess predicts the world ends in 12 years unless everyone submits to crazy barfly pole dancer AOC! Even John the Baptist lost his head over a little floozie dancer daughter of that beast Herodias! Looks like millions have lost their heads over this newest iteration of that same insanity. Instead of one man getting beheaded, today she is part of a genocidal conspiracy to butcher many millions of innocent babies, and then destroy humanity.

Prayer, "Lord, save this deranged world!"
                  Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                  “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

... its about time the Republicans deliver.
                    n>Agreed. Except color me skeptical. Those same bozos** have acted all tough and ready for the shootout at the OK corral... and then they melt like teensy snowflakes. Then the new Sheriff came to town...

Hear of Paul Ryan? Mitt Romney? John McCain and his sidekick flakey Flake? Crybaby flake John Boehner? Murkowski? Clown Sarah Palin? etc. Herds of craven RINOs.
                    “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

It is only urgent when they say it is. ...
                      n>And immoral is what they say is immoral under the conditions they say. Kinda like atheists. And presumption of innocence is only for their own lemming.

12 years seems awful urgent. ...
                      Bingo!

Comment

n>I too echo the good and timely OP. Well done! I'm shocked the atheists and apostates haven't flocked to your thread preaching that if you were only nice like Jesus-that-they-say-never-existed said to be nice, then many or all the people of the world would turn to that nice Jesus that they say never existed. Then all will join hands and sing Kumbaya and sway slowly back and forth with tears flowing down our faces.
                        Last edited by noemail001; 02-13-19, 06:11 PM.

Comment

... I imagine most will eventually deny the Green Agenda.
                          n>I disagree. I think most will shut up about it and say it was "aspirational" and in the past and all Yanks are coming together and are moving on to build bridges not dark walls of hate and racism, that Yanks have much to do so that no billionaires exist and all live in love at the communes as comrades all the willing and unwilling and if you like your doctor you will keep your doctor. Free everything. All will sing Kumbaya, which in Swahili means "New Green Plan".

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post

n>I disagree. I think most will shut up about it and say it was "aspirational" and in the past and all Yanks are coming together and are moving on to build bridges not dark walls of hate and racism, that Yanks have much to do so that no billionaires exist and all live in love at the communes as comrades all the willing and unwilling and if you like your doctor you will keep your doctor. Free everything. All will sing Kumbaya, which in Swahili means "New Green Plan".
                            I guess if you control the media spin, the meanie GOP stopped them will be the story,
                            NOT that what they proposed was idiotic and untenable.

Comment

Working...
                            X