Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Dealing with Catholic (literal) Fathers and abuse by nuns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamash View Post

...The article you wrote sums up that the Catholics essentially commit illegal acts...
    n>Where have you been? Cloistered away from current events for the last few years, now that the code of secrecy has started to be blown off RCC? Are you RCC? Are you trying to excuse the RCC? You call what's been disclosed so far -- in the OP and many other places -- "... the Catholics essentially commit illegal acts...". That's it? Please clarify if that is not what you mean. Tell us your reaction to what's been revealed about the RCC.

In addition to the garbage that's been done to nuns, maybe you are not aware of stuff done to children and their families and future generations and those many communities? If you are aware, what is your reaction?

Or perhaps you want to take some time and consult with your pals of that Molek cult at Tophet or some holy man on the Ganges or some witch or fave palm reader or shaman in the sweat lodge? Gonna check the chicken guts? Or maybe you'll try changing the topic and talk about the color of sand in parts of the Sahara? Maybe that'll help you shift blame, maybe?
    Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
    “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post

n>Where have you been? Cloistered away from current events for the last few years, now that the code of secrecy has started to be blown off RCC? Are you RCC? Are you trying to excuse the RCC? You call what's been disclosed so far -- in the OP and many other places -- "... the Catholics essentially commit illegal acts...". That's it? Please clarify if that is not what you mean. Tell us your reaction to what's been revealed about the RCC.
      First off I am not going to get all hysterical over what happened with the RCC as you so candidly abbreviate it. In my opinion Catholicism is no more pure than Christianity, both are very bad and evil religions.

In addition to the garbage that's been done to nuns, maybe you are not aware of stuff done to children and their families and future generations and those many communities? If you are aware, what is your reaction?
      I strongly and opposed to anyone who does what has been done and specifically it is horrifying as I have seen the allegations while watching Fox News. So yes I am aware, but there is nothing I can actively do about it, and I assure you my work centers around the legal world and even then I have no power to help in anyway, also I'm sure that some agency or authority is involved. As well, I have no powers of arrest (investigate) and it would be out of my jurisdiction even if I did. Unless in some way shape or form you gave me the powers to do something about it, but if not, you are horrified and that is fine, but insulting me with hot air and being offended because I don't overreact does nothing for the situation.
      Or perhaps you want to take some time and consult with your pals of that Molek cult at Tophet or some holy man on the Ganges or some witch or fave palm reader or shaman in the sweat lodge? Gonna check the chicken guts? Or maybe you'll try changing the topic and talk about the color of sand in parts of the Sahara? Maybe that'll help you shift blame, maybe?
      No, I'm not shifting blame at all. The blame stays where it is, but Catholicism and Christianity are bad and are in the same boat. I mean you can be sarcastic with me that is fine, but it doesn't change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

The doctrine of substitutionary atonement began Genesis 3. The blood of goats and lambs. Till Christ at Calvary.
        I’m well acquainted with substitutionary atonement. Which is why I asked the question I did.
        cassie
        Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

for today, for this moment... it is well with my soul.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post

I’m well acquainted with substitutionary atonement. Which is why I asked the question I did.
          amen

Comment

First off I am not going to get all hysterical over what happened with the RCC as you so candidly abbreviate it. In my opinion Catholicism is no more pure than Christianity, both are very bad and evil religions.
            ... I strongly and opposed to anyone who does what has been done and specifically it is horrifying as I have seen the allegations while watching Fox News. So yes I am aware, but there is nothing I can actively do about it, and I assure you my work centers around the legal world and even then I have no power to help in anyway, also I'm sure that some agency or authority is involved. As well, I have no powers of arrest (investigate) and it would be out of my jurisdiction even if I did. Unless in some way shape or form you gave me the powers to do something about it, but if not, you are horrified and that is fine, but insulting me with hot air and being offended because I don't overreact does nothing for the situation.
            ...No, I'm not shifting blame at all. The blame stays where it is, but Catholicism and Christianity are bad and are in the same boat. I mean you can be sarcastic with me that is fine, but it doesn't change anything.

Shamash>First off I am not going to get all hysterical over what happened with the RCC as you so candidly abbreviate it. In my opinion Catholicism is no more pure than Christianity, both are very bad and evil religions.

Shamash>I strongly and opposed to anyone who does what has been done and specifically it is horrifying as I have seen the allegations while watching Fox News. So yes I am aware, but there is nothing I can actively do about it, and I assure you my work centers around the legal world and even then I have no power to help in anyway, also I'm sure that some agency or authority is involved. As well, I have no powers of arrest (investigate) and it would be out of my jurisdiction even if I did. Unless in some way shape or form you gave me the powers to do something about it, but if not, you are horrified and that is fine, but insulting me with hot air and being offended because I don't overreact does nothing for the situation.

Shamash>No, I'm not shifting blame at all. The blame stays where it is, but Catholicism and Christianity are bad and are in the same boat. I mean you can be sarcastic with me that is fine, but it doesn't change anything.

n>Any credibility you may have had with me is gone. I replied to your obvious dismissing/handwave of the RCC atrocities and now double down on that saying you'll not get hysterical and won't overreact. Then you show your lack of connection to rational discussion when you try to make excuses with your powerlessness to do anything about those atrocities. All your posting of alleged scholarly stuff is garbage since you refuse to call the RCC atrocities what they are. You curiously throw in Fox News, almost as if they are the ones making this stuff up! You call those atrocities "allegations"! All of those items build to my suspicion that either you have been living in a cave on Tora Bora or you are somehow connected to those perpetrators of those atrocities yourself... or someone close to you is a perp, maybe. You claim to be somehow involved in the legal world. Connecting that claim to your claim you can't do anything, suggests you are maybe defending some or all of those monsters of the RCC. Perhaps you have another explanation, but so far, that is the only one that gets close to shedding light on your abnormal minimizing of the many, many news and witness reports over decades of the RCC... from many parts of the world... all tied together by the Vatican. Perhaps you are one of the goons advising that pope how to minimize the damage to that RCC empire? If you talk to that hypocritical idiot, tell him to dissolve the RCC and sell all its gazillions of assets and place that wealth to produce help for people.

Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
            “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Any credibility you may have had with me is gone. I replied to your obvious dismissing/handwave of the RCC atrocities and now double down on that saying you'll not get hysterical and won't overreact. Then you show your lack of connection to rational discussion when you try to make excuses with your powerlessness to do anything about those atrocities. All your posting of alleged scholarly stuff is garbage since you refuse to call the RCC atrocities what they are. You curiously throw in Fox News, almost as if they are the ones making this stuff up! You call those atrocities "allegations"! All of those items build to my suspicion that either you have been living in a cave on Tora Bora or you are somehow connected to those perpetrators of those atrocities yourself... or someone close to you is a perp, maybe. You claim to be somehow involved in the legal world. Connecting that claim to your claim you can't do anything, suggests you are maybe defending some or all of those monsters of the RCC. Perhaps you have another explanation, but so far, that is the only one that gets close to shedding light on your abnormal minimizing of the many, many news and witness reports over decades of the RCC... from many parts of the world... all tied together by the Vatican. Perhaps you are one of the goons advising that pope how to minimize the damage to that RCC empire? If you talk to that hypocritical idiot, tell him to dissolve the RCC and sell all its gazillions of assets and place that wealth to produce help for people.

I absolutely agree with you and I cannot contain my anger! I think the only solution to this is if you fly to the Vatican and stand outside and post on social media and let the world know that NOEMAIL001 from CARM Boards cannot be stopped! Raise your voice and speak up against the abominable Catholic Church and all its evil worshipers.

One condition I have for your mission is that you let me know how everything turns out, because I will support you (in the comfort of my home of course) by watching anything you post on social media.

And whoa! How did you know I lived in Tora Bora and not the US?

Now because I want to make sure that you are not offended by any news that I may watching I want to be clear on what I should or should not watch according to you.

Should I or should I not watch Fox News? What about the Young Turks? What about CNN? What about the NY Times? How about LA Times? What about the Wall Street Journal? Oh and since its a popular terminology, what fake news should I avoid? Because I know you are not totally into cliches.

Comment

No, I'm not shifting blame at all. The blame stays where it is...
                The blame of priests raping nuns, and then having abortions, is at the feet of the vatican and its popes, and its priests.

You seem like you are in the same boat as atheists, shifting the blame of romanists onto all christians. I shift all the worldly rapists onto you and your ilk. See how easy that is, silly.
                “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

The blame of priests raping nuns, and then having abortions, is at the feet of the vatican and its popes, and its priests.

You seem like you are in the same boat as atheists, shifting the blame of romanists onto all christians. I shift all the worldly rapists onto you and your ilk. See how easy that is, silly.
                  I'm not an Atheist, I'm not a Catholic, I'm not a Christian, I'm not a Muslim, I certainly didn't convert to Judaism, and I am not Buddhist or Sikh and so on.

Unwanted harassment and certainly a crime such as rape is terrible by any means, and the priests should be prosecuted.

I'm also pretty sure I said I wasn't shifting blame, so there is that.

Why don't you go to the Vatican and voice your concerns? I keep asking that question and no one answers it, gee I wonder why.

Comment

You are not familiar with the teachings of Christianity.

Comment

I'm not an Atheist,
                      You sound scared to say what you are.

I'm also pretty sure I said I wasn't shifting blame, so there is that.
                      The subject was priests and nuns, so you just brought your angst against christians in anyway.

Why don't you go to the Vatican and voice your concerns? I keep asking that question and no one answers it, gee I wonder why.
                      Why don't you buzz off and leave christians alone?

The Vatican and Rome are responsible for their own stuff, it has nothing to do with me, any more than atheist Stalin and his murdering millions has to do with you, pal.

You were saying?
                      “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                      Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

You sound scared to say what you are.

The subject was priests and nuns, so you just brought your angst against christians in anyway.

Why don't you buzz off and leave christians alone?

The Vatican and Rome are responsible for their own stuff, it has nothing to do with me, any more than atheist Stalin and his murdering millions has to do with you, pal.

You were saying?
                        I'm a polytheist.

Not really, a crime is a crime and should be punished.

So I'm not judgmental at all, people have the ability to do bad, wrong, sinful, evil things regardless.

When people get together and form religious ideologies those results can be just as disastrous.

But, the Original Posting is essentially judging, judging someone or a group of people for the sin they did. Remember your Bible, let who has sin cast the first stone, didn't your Jesus say that?

Comment

I'm a polytheist.

Not really, a crime is a crime and should be punished.

So I'm not judgmental at all, people have the ability to do bad, wrong, sinful, evil things regardless.

When people get together and form religious ideologies those results can be just as disastrous.

But, the Original Posting is essentially judging, judging someone or a group of people for the sin they did. Remember your Bible, let who has sin cast the first stone, didn't your Jesus say that?
                          Polytheists rape and abort, just swell, I'm glad it is clear all tribes do what all tribes do.
                          ​​​​​
                          Judging? Yep, an atmosphere of rape and abortions within the Roman Catholic Vatican, is judged as evil. They did do it for many centuries, they still do it, and it should be condemned. If it happens in other churches, it should also be condemned. Good luck finding priests and nuns in Evangelical land.

You don't have a good grasp of what Christ was talking about, and your whataboutism is still as naked as ever.
                          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Polytheists rape and abort,
                            Please pull up an article where recently people who were Sumerian Polytheists who are reconstructing the Sumerian religion have committed rape and or abortions. I can give you articles on Christian parents doing this to their kids https://www.lvcriminaldefense.com/an...g-train-child/ or how about https://nypost.com/2015/10/16/son-be...ve-the-church/ and there are numerous others.
                            just swell, I'm glad it is clear all tribes do what all tribes do.
                            ​​​​​
                            The Israelite's engaged in human sacrifice, so what are you talking about? They were a tribe.
                            Judging? Yep, an atmosphere of rape and abortions within the Roman Catholic Vatican, is judged as evil. They did do it for many centuries, they still do it, and it should be condemned. If it happens in other churches, it should also be condemned. Good luck finding priests and nuns in Evangelical land.

You don't have a good grasp of what Christ was talking about, and your whataboutism is still as naked as ever.
                            I'm pretty sure that the woman who the character Jesus said "let he who has sin cast the first stone" was saying "don't stone her unless you are sinless". You are a Christian from what I can tell, and Christians alike are good at judging people, it's a psychological illness.

Comment

Polytheists rape and abort, just swell, I'm glad it is clear all tribes do what all tribes do.
                              ​​​​​

Will Cardinal Georgie Porgie do time for sexually assaulting choir boys? http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...fYrC&ocid=iehp
                              ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

You do realize lots of Roman Catholics sacrifice their children, yes?

Now we have Priests raping Nuns and then sacrificing.

I guess its not a big deal.
                                Why is it a big deal given the bible commands that you sacrifice your first-born son (Ex 22:29-30 13:1-2 Gen 22:1-14)?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

Working...
                                X