Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

High Scool Student Suspended For Posting Bible Verses Opposing LGBT Pride Flags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ferengi View Post

Unsupported assertion - prove it
    Out of my hands now. I wish the best for you and yours.
    I want to hear it from your lips;
    What's it worth shining for?

Rishloo - Scissorlips

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post
      Out of my hands now. I wish the best for you and yours.
      IOW you have no evidence for your accusations
      "darwin/nature is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"—me

Comment

• Originally posted by ForwardInChrist48 View Post

People with grade school and above educations know that SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly that 'hate speech' is protected under the First Amendment. I don't know what college you went to but perhaps you should request a refund for the money you spent.
        hate speech, like any other communication may be constitutionally protected but it is not consequence free as the girl in the OP found out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverBear View Post

hate speech, like any other communication may be constitutionally protected but it is not consequence free as the girl in the OP found out.
          An example of hate speech is when the gaystapo attacks her and the school punishes her.
          Do you think gays will ever consider reducing their hate speech and false hate speech accusations?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverBear View Post

Yep. It seems to me this girl broke the rules and thought she should be able to because of the content. Nope. You have to have school permission like the club had gotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Yep. It seems to me this girl broke the rules and thought she should be able to because of the content. Nope. You have to have school permission like the club had gotten.
              You don't need the permission of anyone to put a postit note of a bible verse, or message on a locker, this is America, not China, Russia, or Cuba.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

What makes your clinical psych education more valid than understanding self? I understand you relate to the world based on your education and experience, but that is exactly why others have different perspectives: they have different education and experience.

The animosity from the LGBT community towards those who choose to call them sinners is a question that answers itself. Flip the script and see how you would feel in a world where your love was considered evil. This is happening all the time between religious groups. The difference being is that one's belief system is a choice, while one's sexuality is more intrinsic to their nature.

Sure!

Artists' artistic expression comes from deep within their desire to express their vision. Athletes are driven to push themselves physically. Physicians are often driven by a desire to heal. Sales people generally love to talk and interact with others. Great leaders are motivated to enable others to achieve marvelous things. Passionate lovers find fulfillment when mutually embracing and arousing immense bliss in their beloved. Animal lovers care for creatures whose language they cannot speak yet still find ways to communicate and connect. One's religion helps them connect with the creator and creation.

Every human passion is an expression of our humanity, and we are each capable of many passions. All of these can be tainted by ego and turned into destructive forces.

You get it!
                Ones sexuality is a choice, more intrinsic to their surroundings and environment.

The 30,000 AKA people in Africa don't know the concept of homosexuality, they don't have words to explain it, because it's not part of their culture, it's not taught or learned and passed onto the next generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth7t7 View Post
                  It appears this one will go down as the principal violating the girl "Gabby's" right to free speech and religion while at a government funded public school?

Yahoo

High schooler who posted Bible verses in response to pride flags suspended for 'targeting' Gay-Straight Alliance club

Mar 12, 2019

A student in Ohio claims she received a day of in-school suspension after she hung Bible verses on walls and lockers in response to LGBTQ pride flags decorating the halls. The teen also alleges that her principal said she was targeting the [Gay-Straight Alliance] organization.

When she arrived at the principal's office, according to Gabby, he asked her why she hung the Bible verses. And I said, Because I wanted to spread the word of God. And [the principal] goes, Well did you have permission? And I said, No. I didn't know you had to have permission because people do it a lot putting Post-It notes on people’s lockers, so I just did it.

Gabby goes on to claim that she asked the principal why, if God or Jesus is mentioned, it gets removed “straight away,” while “gay pride stuff” is not punished.
                  Those pushing intolerance should be counselled or suspended or expelled from schools like any other school bully.
                  ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

You don't need the permission of anyone to put a postit note of a bible verse, or message on a locker
                    You've never been to high school before, have you?
                    "I cannot conceive of a world in which my religious beliefs aren't necessarily true. My brain is still working."

Comment

Ones sexuality is a choice
                      If you're referring to sexual preference, you're 100% wrong
                      "I cannot conceive of a world in which my religious beliefs aren't necessarily true. My brain is still working."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

An example of hate speech is when the gaystapo attacks her and the school punishes her.
                        Do you think gays will ever consider reducing their hate speech and false hate speech accusations?
                        Exactly!

The principal hated the girls religious point of view, and approved of and supported homosexuality.

100% hatred to the Christian girl.

Suspension for posting bible verses on public owned lockers, really?

Were the words vulgar, No!

Would she have been suspended if she posted sticky rainbow flags on the locker, absolutely not.

This has went viral on social media, the principal isn't gonna skate on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                          If you're referring to sexual preference, you're 100% wrong
                          Sexual preference is 100% a choice

I have a male neighbor that I grew up with that chose to be in the homosexual Hollywood scene for 20 years, he chose to leave homosexuality and now has a wife and son.

Your a biased Liberal in my opinion, and you will disregard this truth to prop up the false claims within the homosexual agenda.

Just as "Jamie Shupe" America's First legally recognized transgender has openly stated, transgenderism is "Legal Fiction" he chose to leave this life style.

Your claims would be the same, "Fiction"
                          Last edited by Truth7t7; 03-14-19, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Ones sexuality is a choice, more intrinsic to their surroundings and environment.

The 30,000 AKA people in Africa don't know the concept of homosexuality, they don't have words to explain it, because it's not part of their culture, it's not taught or learned and passed onto the next generation.
                            If one's culture has no knowledge of something they cannot identify as such. None of these 30,000 souls accepted Jesus before they were introduced to that paradigm either.
                            I want to hear it from your lips;
                            What's it worth shining for?

Rishloo - Scissorlips

Comment

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Typical Nouv, get it exactly backwards. The Alliance put up their flags after getting school permission, the girl broke the rules and attacked them with her hatred.

Do you think gays will ever consider reducing their hate speech
                              Probably not until after you and the other gay-bashers stop posting your vicious hate-filled canards.
                              "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                                You've never been to high school before, have you?
                                Your a biased liberal, you have no concern for conservatives or their constitutional rights.

The principal dose'nt set the standard of speech within a public setting, so longs as its not obscene.

You don't need the permission of anyone to put a postit note of a bible verse, or message on a locker, this is America, not China, Russia, or Cuba.
                                Last edited by Truth7t7; 03-14-19, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X