Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I think it’s safe to say it was Arson...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it’s safe to say it was Arson...

I was reserving comment on the Notre Dame Fire, but now I think it’s safe to say the fire was intentionally set by vandals.

See video: https://mobile.twitter.com/1Stubborn...39852388945920
    Kyrie eleison

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. Not sure if that was Notre Dame Cathedral, but... ďsome people did something.Ē

What is it now, nearly 900 churches vandalized in France?
    Kyrie eleison

Comment

Originally posted by DeSanto View Post
      I was reserving comment on the Notre Dame Fire, but now I think itís safe to say the fire was intentionally set by vandals.

See video: https://mobile.twitter.com/1Stubborn...39852388945920
      What logic did you use to deduce this had something to do with Notre Dame?

How can you tell if the video was taken in France?

I ask because immediately below the video was this comment from the author of the Tweet:

FYI...Iím not claiming this to be from yesterday. Simply posting a video of previous attacks on Christian churches.
      Atheism > Oneness forum trolls

Comment

You people need to stop volunteering to be led around by the nose.
        Atheism > Oneness forum trolls

Comment

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. Not sure if that was Notre Dame Cathedral, but... “some people did something.”

It was a church in a different country, bud. Doesn't even remotely look like Notre Dame either, is the kicker and shows just how willing you are to swallow anything fed to you.
          A forum liberal
          "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

We know very little about how the fire started. Let's reserve any judgment until we actually do.
            "Qostiid sahlo aak. Just because you can do a thing, does not always mean you should." Paarthurnax

Comment

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. Not sure if that was Notre Dame Cathedral, but... “some people did something.”

Prove that this was one of those? Prove also that the vandalisation has anything to do with anything other than the well-known French anti-clericalism.
              "Qostiid sahlo aak. Just because you can do a thing, does not always mean you should." Paarthurnax

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                You people need to stop volunteering to be led around by the nose.
                This from a CNN addict
                "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Originally posted by Redmond View Post
                  We know very little about how the fire started. Let's reserve any judgment until we actually do.
                  Meh.. let the rightists rightist.

Go for it, rightist. I’ll support your usual falderal. It was arsonists. Trump is a model Christian. Nearly Jesus, I’d say.

Comment

That video isn't from Notre Dame of course.

But France has had a lot things going on with churches the past couple years...in late March it seems someone tried to burn down
                    Church of St. Sulpice in Paris, which is the 2nd largest church there next to Notre Dame.

Notre Dame may well have been an accident...but the French have seemed eager to rule out arson very early.

Comment

The knee-jerk reaction of the starter of this thread reminds me of the York Minister fire in 1984 when a bolt of lightning started the blaze and some individuals blamed it on divine anger!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37271857

On the evidence:

If there were no Patriarchs, no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan, no united monarchy under David and Solomon. Can the early biblical Israel described in the books of Moses, Judges, Joshua, and Samuel, ever have existed at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The knee-jerk reaction of the starter of this thread reminds me of the York Minister fire in 1984 when a bolt of lightning started the blaze and some individuals blamed it on divine anger!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37271857

Give it a week, the usual suspects will posit the divine retribution as a cause. After all it is part of a necromancy religion, and idolatry, and they even have gargoyles on the building! We all know gargoyles are of da debbil.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

We all know gargoyles are of da debbil.
                          And there was me thinking that individual gargoyles like Officers Pediment and Downspout were merely employees of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch!

On the evidence:

If there were no Patriarchs, no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan, no united monarchy under David and Solomon. Can the early biblical Israel described in the books of Moses, Judges, Joshua, and Samuel, ever have existed at all?

Comment

Agreed. That’s my bad. I jumped the gun on that one.
                            Kyrie eleison

Comment

Do you Know opinion is not judgement?

There are a lot of people who hate The Catholic Church. gays and pro-abortion types.

Comment

Working...
                              X