Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Alabama Abortion Bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

I actually agree with you. It's a states rights issue to me. Assuming that's the point your making
    Yes, that's what I meant. I don't like either abortion or total criminalization of it - but on some level, I think states should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

I defer to the SCOTUS on this, though.
    Atheism > Oneness forum trolls

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
      Yes, that's what I meant. I don't like either abortion or total criminalization of it - but on some level, I think states should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

I defer to the SCOTUS on this, though.
      people may think they have right to stop life process, they do not. Even If they do it anyway.
      AT-FIRST-IN-PRINCIPLE, he-created, AElohim (he caused to be, he brought forth in principle, HE-the-Gods, the Being-of-beings), the-selfsameness-of-heavens, and-the-selfsameness-of-earth. Translation of Genesis by Fabre d'Olivet.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltic View Post

Abortion is a violation of Natural Law. There is no excuse for abortion.
        I was not making a excuse for anything. I am pro-life. I simply agreed with her that it should be decided by each state for themselves.

Comment

I was not making a excuse for anything. I am pro-life. I simply agreed with her that it should be decided by each state for themselves.
          State is incapable to think in humane way. They are mostly indifferent low and high grade psychopaths politicians.
          AT-FIRST-IN-PRINCIPLE, he-created, AElohim (he caused to be, he brought forth in principle, HE-the-Gods, the Being-of-beings), the-selfsameness-of-heavens, and-the-selfsameness-of-earth. Translation of Genesis by Fabre d'Olivet.

Comment

Who should be forced to care for the baby produced by rape? The mom who never wanted to get pregnant?

edit: I'm actually a bit libertarian on this issue. If Alabama wants restrictive abortion laws like this, it should be allowed to have them (within the confines of the law). However, I wont be praying for such things to continue...
            Yada yada yada.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

Are you now in favor of allowing same-sex couples to adopt all these extra unwanted babies?
              Ah the homosexuality obsession again. No, we have made the position on the responsibility of man/woman marriage and offspring, which means its only really the case of unwanted when its rape and in exceptional circumstances. 'Unwanted' is your idea. Since same sex couples cant reproduce and since a child is the product of man and woman, adoption should be with a man and a woman. Besides you guys waffle on about equality and then propose a sexist one sex coupling. .. a total mentally deficient ideology

Comment

Who should be forced to care for the baby produced by rape?
                Why should you be allowed to commit murder? Why should you and your libs be allowed to be sociopaths?
                "darwin/nature is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"—me

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
                  As of right now it would be considered unconstitutional based on Roe. .
                  Roe is not constitutional as there is no abortion in the Const.
                  "darwin/nature is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"—me

Comment

Originally posted by ferengi View Post

Roe was wrongly decided but by our system of government, their decision stands until it is overturned. So the Alabama law right now would be considered unconstitutional unless Roe got overturned.
                    "It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man." - Alex Vilenkin

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Ivan View Post

Roe was wrongly decided but by our system of government, their decision stands until it is overturned. So the Alabama law right now would be considered unconstitutional unless Roe got overturned.
                      Since birth rates fell so low and there are many less bloody ways to reduce population they may relent.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltic View Post
                        n>May God save the babies.

Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                        “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Who should be forced to care for the baby produced by rape? ...
                          n>You and your pals love rape, no? The younger the better, no? You people think rape is your "big gun", right? You people use rape to murder babies. Like your pal here:

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...14#post5956214

Rapes give you murderers license to murder 56,000,000 babies annually worldwide, no? As long as there are rapes, you people get to slaughter all the babies you want, right? People are absolutely out of their minds!
                          Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                          “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

It's a states rights issue to me.
                            Like slavery?

Comment

Murdering babies is wrong and I hope these laws past in these states. Hopefully it is one step closer to getting rid of abortion.

No one wants a law justfying murdering people some dont like. That's like saying your not human because I dont like you so it's okay for you to be murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by ferengi View Post

Are you a Supreme Court Justice, or just such a great legal mind you know better than all the experts?

Comment

Working...
                                X