Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Alabama Abortion Bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Abortion Bill

https://www.al.com/news/de8b00-alaba...tion-bill.html

Pray it continues.
    AT-FIRST-IN-PRINCIPLE, he-created, AElohim (he caused to be, he brought forth in principle, HE-the-Gods, the Being-of-beings), the-selfsameness-of-heavens, and-the-selfsameness-of-earth. Translation of Genesis by Fabre d'Olivet.

Originally posted by Baltic View Post
    Who should be forced to care for the baby produced by rape? The mom who never wanted to get pregnant?

edit: I'm actually a bit libertarian on this issue. If Alabama wants restrictive abortion laws like this, it should be allowed to have them (within the confines of the law). However, I wont be praying for such things to continue...
    The people whining about Democrats wanting government solutions are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

Issue at hand, imo, reason for the change of heart:
      https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rth-rate-2017/
      AT-FIRST-IN-PRINCIPLE, he-created, AElohim (he caused to be, he brought forth in principle, HE-the-Gods, the Being-of-beings), the-selfsameness-of-heavens, and-the-selfsameness-of-earth. Translation of Genesis by Fabre d'Olivet.

Comment

Encouraging sign.

Comment

As of right now it would be considered unconstitutional based on Roe. Of course the whole point of this law is to create a constitutional challenge to Roe. And if the governor signs it, that’s almost certainly what they’ll get.
          "It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man." - Alex Vilenkin

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post

Who should be forced to care for the baby produced by rape? The mom who never wanted to get pregnant?

edit: I'm actually a bit libertarian on this issue. If Alabama wants restrictive abortion laws like this, it should be allowed to have them (within the confines of the law). However, I wont be praying for such things to continue...
            Because murdering the child is the only way to avoid it.

Comment

edit: I'm actually a bit libertarian on this issue. If Alabama wants restrictive abortion laws like this, it should allowed to have them (within the confines of the law). However, I wont be praying for such things to continue...
              The system that spends trillions on destruction should be able to find a way...

Comment

It's called adoption friend
                "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

When signed into law it will be done so by a female governor, I note.
                  A forum liberal
                  "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

It's called adoption friend
                    Are you now in favor of allowing same-sex couples to adopt all these extra unwanted babies?
                    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

Are you now in favor of allowing same-sex couples to adopt all these extra unwanted babies?
                      No. Now can you prove to me allowing same sex couples to adopt would solve the problem of having a surplus of children for adoption?
                      Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

No. Now can you prove to me allowing same sex couples to adopt would solve the problem of having a surplus of children for adoption?
                        So you demand we force women to have babies but refuse to let loving, capable couples adopt the babies. Hypocrite much?
                        "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin

Comment

DELETE for insult
                          Last edited by Mod8; 05-15-19, 01:13 PM. Reason: 12

Comment

I actually agree with you. It's a states rights issue to me. Assuming that's the point your making

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

I actually agree with you. It's a states rights issue to me. Assuming that's the point your making
                              Abortion is a violation of Natural Law. There is no excuse for abortion.

Comment

Working...
                              X