Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

2020 Prediction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Prediction

But not with 20-20 vision. It is so far away, anything can happen to disrupt this. But if things go as I expect ....

Biden will continue to put his foot in his mouth so Elizabeth Warren will win the Democratic nomination. And she will lose to Trump.

BUT ... if by chance Biden can keep his mouth shut long enough to get to the general election and secure Obama's endorsement, Biden will win.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    But not with 20-20 vision. It is so far away, anything can happen to disrupt this. But if things go as I expect ....

Biden will continue to put his foot in his mouth so Elizabeth Warren will win the Democratic nomination. And she will lose to Trump.

BUT ... if by chance Biden can keep his mouth shut long enough to get to the general election and secure Obama's endorsement, Biden will win.
    What betting odds are the bookies giving that your Dear Leader will rise twice, and are they better odds than for a soufflé rising twice?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

None of the oddballs trying to get on the ticket have offered a plan to improve America. Hillary was crooked and mean but she was not a wierdo so much as most of the applicants except for 2.

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
        What betting odds are the bookies giving that your Dear Leader will rise twice, and are they better odds than for a soufflé rising twice?
        Oh, I think the odd are pretty good. More people align with democratic ideals, but they’re not motivated to go vote nearly as much as rightists are and Dems continually put their foot in their mouth and bicker over issues that the average voter doesn’t care about. If dems focused a bit more on the center, where most people and independents are, instead of fringe issues most people find ridiculous, and somehow motivated young people, they’d win easily.

Also, consider that Trump performed spectacularly at what his base hired h to do: giving a buck middle finger to the left. They wanted the left to feel what they did for the decades Obama and Clinton were in office regardless of the character or values of the man. They got that, and they want to keep that dynamic. They’ll vote to keep giving the left that middle finger like they’ve never voted before. THAT is the principle issue...nothing to do with morals or values or anything important to the nation or the people.

Comment

Interesting. What makes you think that Biden would win to Trump?
          "Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
          -Yoda

Comment

Trump barely beat the most unpopular Democratic nominee ever. It is highly unlikely that the popular vote loser would win 2 elections in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Feyaway View Post
              What makes you think that Biden would win to Trump?
              Speaking only for myself, I don't think it'd be a landslide, but I suspect that fence-sitters will prefer smiling understatement to the contemptuous idiocy we currently have.

Stability over reality television drama.

edit: I think the best person to beat the current white house occupant is the one who's least-likely to inflame the delicate sensibilities on either side. That doesn't mean the country needs someone like that, though.
              The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Feyaway View Post

Interesting. What makes you think that Biden would win to Trump?
                As America said, stability.

Voters tend to alternate between known and unknown candidates: Like knowns Nixon, Reagan, GWB - and unknowns Carter, Clinton, Obama. Trump was a huge unknown, and I think they would swing back to an old familiar face like Biden in contrast. Biden also has Obama's strong endorsement.

Although I think Warren will beat Biden, she isn't exactly in the known category. She's more of a Lefty darling using the point system. I can't see her beating Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Aagcobb View Post

Trump barely beat the most unpopular Democratic nominee ever. It is highly unlikely that the popular vote loser would win 2 elections in a row.
                  It all depends on who he is up against. If Dems put up another loser (and I mean a far Lefty or someone who wins on the minority point system) then voters won't be impressed and will go back to Trump. He hasn't gotten us into a war, he hasn't crashed the economy, and he seems to be working toward US interests as opposed to globalist interests.

Comment

Voters tend to alternate between known and unknown candidates: Like knowns Nixon, Reagan, GWB - and unknowns Carter, Clinton, Obama. Trump was a huge unknown, and I think they would swing back to an old familiar face like Biden in contrast. Biden also has Obama's strong endorsement.

Although I think Warren will beat Biden, she isn't exactly in the known category. She's more of a Lefty darling using the point system. I can't see her beating Trump.
                    People may not like Biden's politics but I feel like he is a generally likeable personality. He would be an interesting contrast to Trump. There is something sort of chipper about Biden. On the other hand Trump seems to feed off of negative energy and bitterness. Would be an interesting battle.

"Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
                    -Yoda

Comment

I agree. And I would recommend that person not run against Trump. He’s irrelevant unless you get wrapped up in his cycle of negativity. Just say you appreciate what Trump has done and ignore him. His base is going to vote for him regardless, so make it about the issues on your platform. Have a simple, direct platform and don’t get off message. It’s the only chance, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

I agree. And I would recommend that person not run against Trump. He’s irrelevant unless you get wrapped up in his cycle of negativity. Just say you appreciate what Trump has done and ignore him. His base is going to vote for him regardless, so make it about the issues on your platform. Have a simple, direct platform and don’t get off message. It’s the only chance, IMO.
                        That seems to be Nancy Pelosi's current approach, and I think it's a good one.

Not that she's running for election in 2020, but that she's avoiding the drama the so-called president likes to be embroiled in. Bring him into the conversation, and she tries to shift it back to policy/issues. It's a subtle dismissal of whatever Drumpf says/does as unimportant, irrelevant or simply not worth the time discussing.

Being a narcissist, it should anger him.
                        The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X