Hot Versus Crazy Scale and Reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Versus Crazy Scale and Reality

So thereís this graphic called the Hot/Crazy Matrix and I think it speaks to some of the discussions here. Iíll post a link at the bottom, but basically it lays out that the hotter someone one is the more craziness a partner will put up with or can be expected to put up with. If youíre super hot, you can act pretty nutty and still find a partner to put up with you. If youíre not so hot, someoneís not going to put up with a high level of crazy.

Personally, I think this graph just represents reality and thereís not much we can do about it. Certain feminists have railed against it and called it all sorts of wrong, but itís an accurate social dynamic weather you like it or not. I donít consider this reality to be any sort of insult, and my guess is that the not hot people who have to invest a little more into their character and decency are happier than the crazy and hot couples out there with a trophy partner.

I see a tie in with other social dynamics, too. If your position is really nutty (as in the case of extreme SJWs), you canít be morally incensed that everyone doesnít jump on board with your ideology. Perhaps you should seek to win hearts and minds to your perspective instead of preaching to them that their view is disgusting and evil. (The same goes for religions and hard line fundamentalists). In other words, if your perspective isnít instantly attractive and readily sensible, then donít expect most people to just put up with it like theyíre lucky to have your wisdom.

Heres the link:
    https://shamelesspride.com/hot-crazy-matrix/

So, by "hot", I take it you mean sexually attractive? How does it figure that this has anything to do with acceptance of craziness in these discussions? I must be missing something.
    "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

Originally posted by christdependent View Post
      So, by "hot", I take it you mean sexually attractive? How does it figure that this has anything to do with acceptance of craziness in these discussions? I must be missing something.
      I laid that out in the last paragraph. People with extreme views are like the ugly crazy people offended that people arenít begging to be in a relationship with them like they sense somewhat attractive somewhat hot people getting. In other words, if your ideology isnít immediately attractive you canít expect people to be clamoring all over themselves to align themselves with it. (Itís a discussion about presentation of an idea versus the absolute tightness of the same idea).

Comment

Well, I guess I think it's a whole lot simpler than that. When a person has core convictions, it stands to reason that he or she will be more inclined to agree with ideas that are aligned with such convictions. So if you are merely identifying "attractive" as being in such alignment, well, who can disagree?
        "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

Well, I guess I think it's a whole lot simpler than that. When a person has core convictions, it stands to reason that he or she will be more inclined to agree with ideas that are aligned with such convictions. So if you are merely identifying "attractive" as being in such alignment, well, who can disagree?
          So you would agree that if your idea is not alignment with a groups core values, itís stupid to behave as if everyone should be clamoring to jump on board just because you believe itís correct?

Comment

I'm believing the other guy's arguments ought to be held up to the light of day and evaluated as to their underlying adherence to the truth. That does require a willingness to have a look at one's own presuppositions. It also requires an ability to think logically, which seems to be in diminishing supply, which is not accidental when you have an ability to have a look at the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
              So there’s this graphic called the Hot/Crazy Matrix and I think it speaks to some of the discussions here. I’ll post a link at the bottom, but basically it lays out that the hotter someone one is the more craziness a partner will put up with or can be expected to put up with. If you’re super hot, you can act pretty nutty and still find a partner to put up with you. If you’re not so hot, someone’s not going to put up with a high level of crazy.

Personally, I think this graph just represents reality and there’s not much we can do about it. Certain feminists have railed against it and called it all sorts of wrong, but it’s an accurate social dynamic weather you like it or not. I don’t consider this reality to be any sort of insult, and my guess is that the not hot people who have to invest a little more into their character and decency are happier than the crazy and hot couples out there with a trophy partner.

I see a tie in with other social dynamics, too. If your position is really nutty (as in the case of extreme SJWs), you can’t be morally incensed that everyone doesn’t jump on board with your ideology. Perhaps you should seek to win hearts and minds to your perspective instead of preaching to them that their view is disgusting and evil. (The same goes for religions and hard line fundamentalists). In other words, if your perspective isn’t instantly attractive and readily sensible, then don’t expect most people to just put up with it like they’re lucky to have your wisdom.

Heres the link:
              Graffiti seen on restroom wall:

"Remember no matter how hot she is, someone somewhere is sick of her stuff*"

* not the actual word.
              "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

* not the actual word.
                Ainít it the truth.

Comment

I didn't even check out the link (shame on me), but from what I got from the OP is that more and more people are obsessed with appearances than with substance. I don't need a graph or a study or examples to tell me that. All I have to do is look around, listen to people, and read what some people post.
                  It all seems so arbritary. I applied at this company because they were hiring, I took a desk at the back because it was empty. But no matter how you get there or where you end up, humans have a miraculous gift to make that place home. -creed bratton

Comment

True, awsmmixÖ.which is why the "progressives" are so keen on optics and light on reasoning. And too many parents, having long abandoned the concept that their job on planet earth is to raise up their children in the way they SHOULD go ('cause the kids might not view them as their very bestest friends), are more than happy to allow them to settle for light entertainment in lieu of the harsh realities of life.

Maybe they will be happy in the new world order that the master of deception intends to bring down upon us all...but I still believe that in every human being created in God's image there is a moral compass and desire for liberty that can only function God's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                      So there’s this graphic called the Hot/Crazy Matrix and I think it speaks to some of the discussions here. I’ll post a link at the bottom, but basically it lays out that the hotter someone one is the more craziness a partner will put up with or can be expected to put up with. If you’re super hot, you can act pretty nutty and still find a partner to put up with you. If you’re not so hot, someone’s not going to put up with a high level of crazy.

Personally, I think this graph just represents reality and there’s not much we can do about it. Certain feminists have railed against it and called it all sorts of wrong, but it’s an accurate social dynamic weather you like it or not. I don’t consider this reality to be any sort of insult, and my guess is that the not hot people who have to invest a little more into their character and decency are happier than the crazy and hot couples out there with a trophy partner.

I see a tie in with other social dynamics, too. If your position is really nutty (as in the case of extreme SJWs), you can’t be morally incensed that everyone doesn’t jump on board with your ideology. Perhaps you should seek to win hearts and minds to your perspective instead of preaching to them that their view is disgusting and evil. (The same goes for religions and hard line fundamentalists). In other words, if your perspective isn’t instantly attractive and readily sensible, then don’t expect most people to just put up with it like they’re lucky to have your wisdom.

Heres the link:
                      Personally, the whole video is pretty sexist. Your argument that it explains "that the hotter someone is, the more crazy that people will put up with" simply isn't right. You can draw conclusions from the video of that, but the video is about judging women by their looks, and assuming that all women are crazy, and if they are "below 4" they are a guy.
                      ďI like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.Ē
                      -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
                      -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

* not the actual word.
                        Agreed! Hot wears off real fast when crazy is present.
                        "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Working...
                        X