Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite the find... wonder if folks will request they be destroyed

https://blog.theliteracysite.greater...m_term=4194317

this is quite a find... we have encountered some interesting artifacts when renovating our schools but nothing even close.

Wonder who will find them offensive and think they should be destroyed.
    One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
    Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Very interesting. My wife as a teacher took our kids to a living museum where they dressed in period costume and re-enacted the old 1 room classrooms, cooked on wood stoves, butchered chickens, boys did blacksmithing. No A/C in the summer. The neat part of these old blackboards is even tying the education into how they lived. On Thanksgiving they went hunting and shot a turkey vs thawing a Butterball 2 days before.

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post
      https://blog.theliteracysite.greater...m_term=4194317

this is quite a find... we have encountered some interesting artifacts when renovating our schools but nothing even close.

Wonder who will find them offensive and think they should be destroyed.
      Who are you suggesting would find them offensive? I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to preserve these relics of the past.
      Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chem1st.

Comment

Those chalkboard images are from a high school? The "lessons" look like elementary school, the basic math and pilgrim history looks like something I was taught in 2nd or 3rd grade.

Perhaps it was an elementary school that was later converted to a high school. Otherwise, students in 1917 were backward compared to the Baby Boomer era.

Comment

Working...
        X