Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Christians where do you disagree on these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians where do you disagree on these?

Illegal immigration- bad
    heathcare for illegal immigrants- bad (care for when their sick at that particular time- - good)

Abortion - bad
    infanticide- bad
    Same sex marriage - bad
    Same sex attraction - bad
    climate change without actual scientific consensus - bad
    False discrimination- bad
    Counterfeit love - bad
    Conflating human/civil rights with bad desires - bad
    Believing women accusations on rape without due process- bad
    Everything white is oppressive - bad
    Actual discrimination - bad
    Masculinity is oppressive - bad
    Third wave Feminism - bad
    intersectionality- bad
    Critical Theory - bad
    Equality, Diversity, Inclusion disguised to accept, love, support and affirm bad ideologies - bad
    Hate and labels weaponized to silence disagreement - bad
    identity Politics - bad
    Conterfiet Social Justice - bad
    Political correctness - bad
    Subjectiveness on right, wrong, good, bad but claim others are wrong because they disagree, only - bad
    Seeing same sex attraction as innate - bad
    Using racism to fight racism - bad
    Special treatment because of protected category or minority group- bad
    Talking points to achieve bad agenda - bad
    Evidence created with lies, corruption and infiltrattion - bad
    Weaponizing of labels to silence or achieve agenda - bad
    Indoctrination of children - bad
    Drag anyone - bad
    Drag story time - bad
    Intimidation and punishment for disagreeing or not accepting through suing, arrest and jobless- bad

Equal intrinsic value of each person born or unborn and treated in that manner regardless of attributes such as race and biological sex but with respect to these attributes and not absolutely ignoring these attributes - Good

Many other things too but this what I could think of quickly

Last edited by john james; 07-13-19, 09:39 AM.

Let me make sure I understand this op correctly.

Are you actually wanting Christians to respond to every point in a 35-item poll?

If so, to what end?
    All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
      Let me make sure I understand this op correctly.

Are you actually wanting Christians to respond to every point in a 35-item poll?

If so, to what end?
      Just asking for some responses in the ones that some disagree on.

3-5 more or less

I forgot to add:

Propaganda - bad

Comment

Originally posted by john james View Post
        Illegal immigration- bad
        Immigration is a net benefit. After all, virtually all American citizens were immigrants or descended from immigrants.
        heathcare for illegal immigrants- bad (care for when their sick at that particular time- - good)
        So healthcare for immigrants is OK when they are sick, but well visits to uncover problems early is bad?

Abortion - bad
        Always? Actually, abortion should be up to the woman and should be easily accessible early to avoid mid-late term abortions.
        infanticide- bad
        nobody thinks this is good
        Same sex marriage - bad
        Same sex attraction - bad
        There is nothing bad about natural attractions and marriages between people who love one another.
        climate change without actual scientific consensus - bad
        Except there is clear scientific consensus that climate change is occurring and that human activity is a significant confributor. Check the websites of actual scientific organizations, like NAS or AGU
        False discrimination- bad
        Counterfeit love - bad
        Conflating human/civil rights with bad desires - bad
        ???
        Believing women accusations on rape without due process- bad
        All accusations should be taken seriously.
        Everything white is oppressive - bad
        nobody says that
        Actual discrimination - bad
        actual discrimination is bad
        Masculinity is oppressive - bad
        There is such a thing as toxic masculinity. Ask any woman who walks past a construction site.
        Third wave Feminism - bad
        ???
        intersectionality- bad
        Critical Theory - bad
        ???
        Equality, Diversity, Inclusion disguised to accept, love, support and affirm bad ideologies - bad
        Bad ideologies like what?
        Hate and labels weaponized to silence disagreement - bad
        ???
        identity Politics - bad
        Yes, White Supremacists are evil.
        Conterfiet Social Justice - bad
        Counterfeit?
        Political correctness - bad
        Politeness is never bad
        Subjectiveness on right, wrong, good, bad but claim others are wrong because they disagree, only - bad
        Moral decisions are always subjective.
        Seeing same sex attraction as innate - bad
        false
        Using racism to fight racism - bad
        huh?
        Special treatment because of protected category or minority group- bad
        Sometimes people are so disadvantaged that they need special treatment, like blind people.
        Talking points to achieve bad agenda - bad
        So why do RWers rely on them instead of engaging in honest debate?
        Evidence created with lies, corruption and infiltrattion - bad
        Absolutely! So why does anyone pay attention to master liar Trump?
        Weaponizing of labels to silence or achieve agenda - bad
        True and RWers are masters at this - I gave a list in another thread.
        Indoctrination of children - bad
        True. Like forcing children to hear about creationism, which has no scientific basis
        Drag anyone - bad
        Drag story time - bad
        ???
        Intimidation and punishment for disagreeing or not accepting through suing, arrest and jobless- bad
        Suing is what Trump has done his whole life to those he aims to cheat. Glad to disapprove. People who break the law should be arrested.

Equal intrinsic value of each person born or unborn and treated in that manner regardless of attributes such as race and biological sex but with respect to these attributes and not absolutely ignoring these attributes - Good

Many other things too but this what I could think of quickly

Much of what you listed does not make sense to me and I indicated those with ???
        Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chem1st.

Comment

Originally posted by vibise View Post
          Immigration is a net benefit. After all, virtually all American citizens were immigrants or descended from immigrants.
          So healthcare for immigrants is OK when they are sick, but well visits to uncover problems early is bad?

Always? Actually, abortion should be up to the woman and should be easily accessible early to avoid mid-late term abortions.
          There is nothing bad about natural attractions and marriages between people who love one another.
          Except there is clear scientific consensus that climate change is occurring and that human activity is a significant confributor. Check the websites of actual scientific organizations, like NAS or AGU
          ???
          nobody says that
          There is such a thing as toxic masculinity. Ask any woman who walks past a construction site.
          ???
          ???
          ???
          Counterfeit?
          Politeness is never bad
          false
          huh?
          Sometimes people are so disadvantaged that they need special treatment, like blind people.
          True. Like forcing children to hear about creationism, which has no scientific basis
          ???
          Suing is what Trump has done his whole life to those he aims to cheat. Glad to disapprove. People who break the law should be arrested.

Much of what you listed does not make sense to me and I indicated those with ???
          You reveal yourself yet AGAIN
          As you purposefully try to lump legal & illegal immigration as if they are the SAME, which they are NOT
          SOOOOOO Disingenuous & void of integrity / credibility in such things
          It would be like trying to lump rape in with consensual sex and think it's the SAME, which they are not.

Your cave does not hide you well enough
          Perception is awareness shaped by beliefs
          Beliefs "control" perception

..... Rewrite beliefs and you rewrite perceptions
          .......... Rewrite perceptions and you rewrite behaviors

Adopting a Do Not Feed The Trolls practice.

Comment

People who break the law should be arrested.
            No you DON'T, otherwise you would want Hillary arrested - now show us your true color again as you give your NO integrity or credibility canned response...........
            Perception is awareness shaped by beliefs
            Beliefs "control" perception

..... Rewrite beliefs and you rewrite perceptions
            .......... Rewrite perceptions and you rewrite behaviors

Adopting a Do Not Feed The Trolls practice.

Comment

???
              nobody says that
              ???
              ???
              ???
              Counterfeit?
              Politeness is never bad
              false
              huh?
              ???

LEGAL immigration is a net benefit not this crap test you leftists are trying to shove down our throats. Please I am begging you to think BEFORE you post
              "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
              Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

LEGAL immigration is a net benefit not this crap test you leftists are trying to shove down our throats. Please I am begging you to think BEFORE you post
                Refugees seeking asylum are legal immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by john james View Post
                  Just asking for some responses in the ones that some disagree on. 3-5 more or less I forgot to add: Propaganda - bad
                  I think it wise to understand Christianity is not monolithic. Conservative Christians are gonna weigh in on this list differently than liberal Christians. I think it is always best to word such concerns in positive language; what a person or group is for, not what they are against. It is always better to make and read an affirmative case, rather than a negative, if understanding is the goal. I also think several items on that list can be grouped together. For example, most conservative Christians are pro-life and that covers abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, and the intrinsic value of life regardless of any biological factors.

My apologies, I'm suddenly called away but I'll return wen i can.
                  All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by Aagcobb View Post

Refugees seeking asylum are legal immigrants.
                    Irrelevant. Until such time as a persons asylum request can be verified they are illegal. And only a buffoon thinks that many people are "seeking asylum" and even its true that they are it overwhelms the system so they should be treated as trespassers.
                    Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper View Post

You reveal yourself yet AGAIN
                      As you purposefully try to lump legal & illegal immigration as if they are the SAME, which they are NOT
                      SOOOOOO Disingenuous & void of integrity / credibility in such things
                      It would be like trying to lump rape in with consensual sex and think it's the SAME, which they are not.

Your cave does not hide you well enough
                      I think anyone in the country should have access to healthcare.
                      Illegals tend to gravitate to jobs picking produce, processing meat, and working in restaurants cooking, cleaning and serving. They also work in nursing homes and in child care. Don't you think it would be wise to ensure these people have regular checkups and immediate care when they are sick.

When I was visiting London, my friend fell and thought she broke her ankle. We went to the nearest hospital. They did X-rays, diagnosed a serious sprain, gave her a brace and a cane. The bill was zero. That is how it should be done here.

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

Turns out that illegals fill many of the jobs Americans won't do, and often employers prefer to hire illegals as Trump has been doing for decades at his various properties.

These people are underpaid, overworked and get few if any benefits. If those employers had to hire legal immigrants or Americans, don't you think their prices would go up?

Comment

Turns out that illegals fill many of the jobs Americans won't do, and often employers prefer to hire illegals as Trump has been doing for decades at his various properties.

These people are underpaid, overworked and get few if any benefits. If those employers had to hire legal immigrants or Americans, don't you think their prices would go up?
                          Completely irrelevant

then they should have stayed home. no one forced them to be here. please stop whining

Comment

vibise, he doesn't care.

He doesn't care about them. He doesn't care about the children, the suffering of others, he doesn't care. He doesn't even pretend to care.

You can't argue on the basis of the intrinsic value of treating people with dignity and humanity with someone who is openly disdainful of that concept in general.

No one's going to be able to convince him that it's important to care about people. He says he's a Christian and Jesus apparently failed to do so. I doubt some people on CARM will.
                            Reborn in Spirit and inspired by God's grace, I welcome all, love all, and seek justice for all.

Comment

Working...
                            X