Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Philly...city of brotherly love... and shootouts with cops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly...city of brotherly love... and shootouts with cops

did I miss a thread on this? Kamala Harris as alreadh all over it...politicizing the situation and pushing her plans for gun control through Executive Action (I think she meant executive order)...

One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
    Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Criminals don't obey executive orders.

Comment

6 officers hit by this drug dealer. And this is how the police get treated by the community afterr this hours-long standoff: shouted at, objects thrown at them, racial slurs hurled at them. If I were a cop there, I'd just spend my time cruising in my vehicle and let the animals take care of themselves. https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/sta...09310873268225
      "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
      -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I don't see anyone saying Betty White. I figure if someone said they would play the odds and assume that they were black theyed be called a racist.
        I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
        -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
        -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post
          did I miss a thread on this? Kamala Harris as alreadh all over it...politicizing the situation and pushing her plans for gun control through Executive Action (I think she meant executive order)...
          Well she won't be President unless she plays pretend in her basement like Hillary is doing theses days so no worries.
          "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
          Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Brought to you by .. Progressive Solutions, Nicetown PA
            Last edited by eyesmile; 08-15-19, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post
              And is she planning on burning the Constitution at her inauguration?
              Life is a waterfall
              we drink from the river
              then we turn around and put up our walls....(SOAD)

Comment

Originally posted by ForwardInChrist48 View Post
                6 officers hit by this drug dealer. And this is how the police get treated by the community afterr this hours-long standoff: shouted at, objects thrown at them, racial slurs hurled at them. If I were a cop there, I'd just spend my time cruising in my vehicle and let the animals take care of themselves. https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/sta...09310873268225
                "Sorry, that page doesn't exist "
                Life is a waterfall
                we drink from the river
                then we turn around and put up our walls....(SOAD)

Comment

Originally posted by joyous song View Post

It was deleted
                  One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

And is she planning on burning the Constitution at her inauguration?
                    Quite possibly

Comment

Originally posted by eyesmile View Post
                      Brought to you by .. Progressive Solutions, Nicetown PA
                      Wasn't there a tread or many comments from the resident leftists that said it shouldn't be a felony to throw water on cops?

The crowd jeering at cops going after someone who wounded 6 officers? Should they just let drug dealers go now? Methinks they probably will think twice and even three times now. Jeering residents will create "NOGO" zones where anaracy and murder runs rampant. They will get what they want. Then they will complain that no one cares about their plight.
                      “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

Comment

Originally posted by Deist View Post

Wasn't there a tread or many comments from the resident leftists that said it shouldn't be a felony to throw water on cops?

The crowd jeering at cops going after someone who wounded 6 officers? Should they just let drug dealers go now? Methinks they probably will think twice and even three times now. Jeering residents will create "NOGO" zones where anaracy and murder runs rampant. They will get what they want. Then they will complain that no one cares about their plight.
                        Even though a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black. These dimwits double down on their stupidity but as always will blame someone else for their status in life. Tough being a life long victim
                        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

Even though a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black. These dimwits double down on their stupidity but as always will blame someone else for their status in life. Tough being a life long victim
                          Black, white, brown or Asian, jeering cops who are being shot at shows why there are so many problems in black areas. It isn't the color of their skin that makes them a criminal or poor, it is their mindset which is being taught by our leaders. Next time there is a known violent drug offender in Philly, the police will be very slow to respond. So slow that by the time they get there in a week or so, he will be gone.
                          “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates

"The concept of a "Personal God," interfering with natural events,...." No criticism of this distorted idea of God can be sharp enough". - Tillich

Comment

Looks like they deleted it. A google search turns up what I assume the link was referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, FiC)
                            https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-...andoff-reports

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...andoff-reports
                            A forum liberal
                            "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Deist View Post

Black, white, brown or Asian, jeering cops who are being shot at shows why there are so many problems in black areas. It isn't the color of their skin that makes them a criminal or poor, it is their mindset which is being taught by our leaders. Next time there is a known violent drug offender in Philly, the police will be very slow to respond. So slow that by the time they get there in a week or so, he will be gone.
                              Sounds like the best course of action.

Comment

Working...
                              X