Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Parsing Bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsing Bill

Did anybody catch this.....

This was first reported back in 2012, but it’s back in the news today....

Jeffrey Epstein had a painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion.

Here’s the article

It was hanging up there prominently — as soon as you walked in — in a room to the right,” a source told The Post. “Everybody who saw it laughed and smirked.”

But the bizarre home decor didn’t stop there.

It was reported in another article that Epstein, 66, also kept a mannequin hanging from the ceiling — dressed up in a wedding gown, the source said, noting how the doll was situated above a staircase. And A Vanity Fair article noted that Epstein decorated his entrance hall with 'row upon row of individually framed eyeballs… imported from England.'

The piece dubbed “Parsing Bill” was painted and sold by a New York-based artist named Petrina Ryan-Kleid. Saatchi Art, an online art gallery, describes it as an “oil on canvas” with dimensions of 40 W x 40 H x 2 in. The painting inside Epstein’s home appears to be the same size, and sources told The Post it was also done with oil.

Attempts to reach Ryan-Kleid were unsuccessful on Wednesday night. A relative, when reached by telephone, said he knew of the painting’s existence but was unaware of a connection to Epstein.

The Clinton camp did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Lol!
    Kyrie eleison

Uncle Bill wants you.
    It all seems so arbritary. I applied at this company because they were hiring, I took a desk at the back because it was empty. But no matter how you get there or where you end up, humans have a miraculous gift to make that place home. -creed bratton

Comment

Originally posted by DeSanto View Post
      Did anybody catch this.....

This was first reported back in 2012, but it’s back in the news today....

Jeffrey Epstein had a painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion.

Here’s the article

It was hanging up there prominently — as soon as you walked in — in a room to the right,” a source told The Post. “Everybody who saw it laughed and smirked.”

But the bizarre home decor didn’t stop there.

It was reported in another article that Epstein, 66, also kept a mannequin hanging from the ceiling — dressed up in a wedding gown, the source said, noting how the doll was situated above a staircase. And A Vanity Fair article noted that Epstein decorated his entrance hall with 'row upon row of individually framed eyeballs… imported from England.'

The piece dubbed “Parsing Bill” was painted and sold by a New York-based artist named Petrina Ryan-Kleid. Saatchi Art, an online art gallery, describes it as an “oil on canvas” with dimensions of 40 W x 40 H x 2 in. The painting inside Epstein’s home appears to be the same size, and sources told The Post it was also done with oil.

Attempts to reach Ryan-Kleid were unsuccessful on Wednesday night. A relative, when reached by telephone, said he knew of the painting’s existence but was unaware of a connection to Epstein.

The Clinton camp did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Lol!
      I feel sorry for anyone for anyone who wants to inform a greater audience that they think this is in any way important.

Comment

I'll give this a 7/10 on the Amusing scale.

4/10 on the Creepy scale too, though...
        The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

It needs to be paired with the topless painting of Bea Arthur.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

I feel sorry for anyone for anyone who wants to inform a greater audience that they think this is in any way important.
            Strange? Yes.
            Disturbing? Very.
            Shocking? Uh huh.
            Damaging? I think so.

Important? Eh. Not so much.
            Kyrie eleison

Comment

Strange? Yes.
              Disturbing? Very.
              Shocking? Uh huh.
              Damaging? I think so.

Important? Eh. Not so much.
              I don't think anyone here thought it was important either.
              It says far more about you than Clinton.

Comment

I don't think anyone here thought it was important either.
                It says far more about you than Clinton.
                That’s one opinion. My opinion... it says a lot about the Clintons. They knew that portrait was there, hanging prominently in the monsters’ mansion.
                Kyrie eleison

Comment

it says a lot about the Clintons. They knew that portrait was there, hanging prominently in the monsters’ mansion.
                  Does your opinion touch on whether they approved of the painting or not?
                  The people whining about Democrats looking to the government to solve problems are the same ones who want the government to define marriage, criminalize abortion, slow/stop legal immigration, save farmers, create jobs, etc.

Comment

Has anyone considered that it just might be a joke?
                    On the evidence:

If there were no Patriarchs, no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan, no united monarchy under David and Solomon. Can the early biblical Israel described in the books of Moses, Judges, Joshua, and Samuel, ever have existed at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Has anyone considered that it just might be a joke?
                      That was sorta what I was getting at, too.

I haven't heard whether this was something Clinton posed for or enjoyed. I don't really care either way, because it's just a weirdly funny / creepy painting.

What I can't figure out is - without additional information - how anyone could fairly use it to judge the Clintons.

ps. maybe "fairness" isn't really playing a part in that evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                        That was sorta what I was getting at, too.

I haven't heard whether this was something Clinton posed for or enjoyed. I don't really care either way, because it's just a weirdly funny / creepy painting.
                        I agree but taste and humour are very subjective.

What I can't figure out is - without additional information - how anyone could fairly use it to judge the Clintons.

ps. maybe "fairness" isn't really playing a part in that evaluation.
                        I think this thread is showing that when people have nothing sensible to believe they will believe nonsense.

Applying Occam's principle "Is it likely?" can go a long way to rationalising certain information.

On the evidence:

If there were no Patriarchs, no Exodus, no conquest of Canaan, no united monarchy under David and Solomon. Can the early biblical Israel described in the books of Moses, Judges, Joshua, and Samuel, ever have existed at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          I agree but taste and humour are very subjective.

I think this thread is showing that when people have nothing sensible to believe they will believe nonsense.

Applying Occam's principle "Is it likely?" can go a long way to rationalising certain information.
                          Like believing its ok to rip babies from the womb? Like that you mean?
                          "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                          Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Shrug. Idk. But it is interesting that this billionaire pedophile creep would hang a huge disturbing portrait like that on his wall for all his high powered elite buddies to see.

What message do you think he was trying to convey?
                            Kyrie eleison

Comment

Shrug. Idk.
                              You wrote "it says a lot about the Clintons". If you don't know what the Clintons think of the painting, how can its existence in Epstein's crib say alot about them?

They could hate it or love it, and either option would say completely different things about them.

Tell us: what does the painting say about the Clintons, DeSanto?

Comment

Working...
                              X