Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Atheeists and Muslims can't honestly say Pledge of Allegiance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheeists and Muslims can't honestly say Pledge of Allegiance

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    What makes Muslim US citizens different from other US citizens?

Muslims and atheeist religions do not allow their cults to honestly say the Pledge of Allegiance. One nation under God. I was raised in a patriotic home.

We were endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights.

Liberty and justice for all means both male and female genders made by The Creator.

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Muslims and atheeist religions do not allow their cults to honestly say the Pledge of Allegiance. One nation under God. I was raised in a patriotic home.

Liberty and justice for all means both male and female genders made by The Creator.
    AND in the case of the Islamics, they WILL NEVER integrate with ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT other than their OWN. Their agenda is conquest and destuction of anything, or anybody that gets in their way (just like their satanic religion requires).

Atheists, are really nothing more than confused, and spiritually lost Agnostics, so they're not much of an issue one way or another.

Comment

I'm probably a minority among conservatives, but I fully support the right of people to not say the Pledge - be they Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, or Christian.

I personally do not say the pledge, nor does anyone in my Church. I pledge my allegiance to God and to no one and nothing else. And the Pledge to the flag honestly seems like little different from idol worship to me, and I refuse to involve myself in behavior like that.
      "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
      -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ForwardInChrist48 View Post
        I'm probably a minority among conservatives, but I fully support the right of people to not say the Pledge - be they Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, or Christian.

I personally do not say the pledge, nor does anyone in my Church. I pledge my allegiance to God and to no one and nothing else. And the Pledge to the flag honestly seems like little different from idol worship to me, and I refuse to involve myself in behavior like that.
        .................nation under God...........clause.

You don't deny GOD.

Islam has false god. allah had no son

atheism says NOGOD

Comment

not sure if another shockingly stupid post, or another troll post

Comment

.................nation under God...........clause.

You don't deny GOD.

Islam has false god. allah had no son

atheism says NOGOD
            You're right I don't deny God. Nor do I pledge my allegiance to a nation that slaughters the unborn by the millions. I pledge my allegiance to God and no other. You are welcome to join in the modern day version of Molech worship, but I refuse.
            "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
            -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by backup View Post

crazy sources

Comment

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Do you think we should inform Walter Mitty the words "under God" weren't added to the pledge until 1954 as a knee-jerk McCarthyism response to cold war "godless communism"?

Nah, he'll just claim it was he who first used the words.
                  "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin

Comment

The problem is universal. Any belief system that degrades the value of life based on acceptance of the belief system falls into this trap of devaluing humans. When we value others according to what they "pledge allegiance" to we are placing platitudes and establishments over people. This is another form of disconnection, fragmentation, and spiritual death.
                    The "fear and pain", but this isn’t how I AM
                    Don’t you forget that you are loved
                    Don’t you forget that you are them

Devin Townsend - Spirits Will Collide

Comment

Nonsense. Your hypocritical Declaration of Independence says nothing at all about women, but only says that "all MEN are created equal" not women or people, and that the black male slaves of the white supremacist Washington and Jefferson etc have certain unalienable rights of life, LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness.

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

Do you think we should inform Walter Mitty the words "under God" weren't added to the pledge until 1954 as a knee-jerk McCarthyism response to cold war "godless communism"?

Nah, he'll just claim it was he who first used the words.
                        aw man, now you done did it

Comment

You evil America-hater.
                          "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine - THE AGE OF REASON

Comment

As a conservative, I support the right to not say the pledge. I donít necessarily agree with them, but I do support their right to not do so.
                            Growing up there were always some kids in class who didnít say it with the rest of the class, but they were required to be silent and respectful during that time. Iíve always wondered how teachers in Cali who donít say it handle the state law that requires all public schools to start every school day with a patriotic exercise...
                            One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
                            Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post

As a conservative, I support the right to not say the pledge. I don’t necessarily agree with them, but I do support their right to not do so.
                              Growing up there were always some kids in class who didn’t say it with the rest of the class, but they were required to be silent and respectful during that time. I’ve always wondered how teachers in Cali who don’t say it handle the state law that requires all public schools to start every school day with a patriotic exercise...
                              Are some schools removing the American flag?

Comment

Working...
                              X