Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Anniversary of terrible 9/11 another trauma hits NYC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary of terrible 9/11 another trauma hits NYC

Chick-fil-A Opens For First Time In Brooklyn. Red Velvet Rope Is Needed For The Long Line Out The Door Before 7 AM
    Have they been called a terrorist organization yet?

What do the wimps at SPLC claim?

NYC Mayor says boycott.

Protestors try to hassle long lines of customers like they did in Justinstan Toronto.

I had 2 chicken meals yesterday. CFA was running 6 cashiers and 6 in drive thru. Packed. Parking lot packed. 5 times the number of tables as KFC and all full.
    KFC had 1 cashier and she went back to get food and serve. 2 pairs of workers went outside at KFC to smoke. Lobby almost empty. 1 customer came inside from drive up order messed up.

One other order messed up.

CFA opened a store on Sunday to make food for people donating blood after the Floriday gay disco disaster.

https://www.thevillager.com/2019/08/...ns-in-chelsea/

"My pleasure" triggers the CFA phobias.

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
    That's kinda how this whole mess started. You pleasure is chicken sandwiches and their pleasure is loving someone of the same sex. We have so much in common!
    The "fear and pain", but this isn’t how I AM
    Don’t you forget that you are loved
    Don’t you forget that you are them

Devin Townsend - Spirits Will Collide

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

That's kinda how this whole mess started. You pleasure is chicken sandwiches and their pleasure is loving someone of the same sex. We have so much in common!
      I love people of the same sex, but not sexually. Don't tell me your version of love has to include your ideas of sex? For example a paedophile loves having sex with a child and an adulterer with someone who isnt their married partner. You keep making these claims and statements which are completely meaningless and wrong to others. First we would need to establish some common ground and since you haven't Nouveau is equally entitled to simply state our position.

Comment

That's kinda how this whole mess started. !
        What mess?

Comment

What mess?
          I assumed you understood what was happening as you described aspects of the mess in the post.

Here's the scoop:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chic...nti-gay-2019-5

Basically, the LGBT community is upset that a Chick-fil-a is donating to organizations that vehemently oppose LGBT. Like if Starbucks donated to an "end Christianity" charity. As always, there's tons of overreaction on both sides of the debate; this is just the mess we live in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post
            I love people of the same sex, but not sexually. Don't tell me your version of love has to include your ideas of sex? For example a paedophile loves having sex with a child and an adulterer with someone who isnt their married partner. You keep making these claims and statements which are completely meaningless and wrong to others. First we would need to establish some common ground and since you haven't Nouveau is equally entitled to simply state our position.
            I cannot take your comparisons of LGBT and pedophiles seriously, Bright. There is no common ground there to establish there. There are pedophiles in the LGBT community just as there are pedophiles in Christianity. Sometimes they are both. We each must take responsibility for our own actions and resist hypocritically judging entire groups for actions made by individuals within.

Comment

Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post
              brightmorningstar replied 08-28-12, 03:25 AM
              I am gay and I know homosexual practice is error.
              And do you choose to be celibate?

Last edited by CarmAdmin1; 09-12-19, 08:25 PM. Reason: No violation
              ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

I assumed you understood what was happening as you described aspects of the mess in the post.

Here's the scoop:

Basically, the LGBT community is upset that a Chick-fil-a is donating to organizations that vehemently oppose LGBT. Like if Starbucks donated to an "end Christianity" charity. As always, there's tons of overreaction on both sides of the debate; this is just the mess we live in right now.
                Why is the lgbt community so intolerant then. Many firms support lgbt but Christians are making such a fuss?

Comment

I had 2 chicken meals yesterday. CFA was running 6 cashiers and 6 in drive thru. Packed. Parking lot packed. 5 times the number of tables as KFC and all full.
                  KFC had 1 cashier and she went back to get food and serve. 2 pairs of workers went outside at KFC to smoke. Lobby almost empty. 1 customer came inside from drive up order messed up.
                  This is one of the surprising cases where DOING THE RIGHT THING has worked out beautifully for the Chick-Fil-A organization. They're always busy, profitable, and progressively growing.

Homosexual PHYSICAL ACTIVITY is, always has been, and always will be SINFUL Biblically, and there is no such thing as Same-Sex MARRIAGE in the biblical sense.(The parts don't fit).

Act 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
                  26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

WAY TO GO CFA!!!!

Comment

I cannot take your comparisons of LGBT and pedophiles seriously, Bright. There is no common ground there to establish there.
                    it wasnt a comparison Blue. It was to point out to you the weakness of your generalised comment. So let us take adulterers only then as an example. Adulterers love others outside their married partner. It depends on what one thinks constitutes love. So when you talk about love it means something different from what others mean. In other words its meaningless to anyone who doesnt think like you.

Nb also since you misunderstood your moan about judging other groups is something you see and not what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                      And do you choose to be celibate?

Gay can also mean having a joyful disposition. How come you have never read the Bible or a dictionary.

Comment

Here's the scoop:

Who cares??? Don't eat there. Move on with your life.
                        "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Have they been called a terrorist organization yet?

What do the wimps at SPLC claim?

NYC Mayor says boycott.

Protestors try to hassle long lines of customers like they did in Justinstan Toronto.

One other order messed up.

CFA opened a store on Sunday to make food for people donating blood after the Floriday gay disco disaster.

https://www.thevillager.com/2019/08/...ns-in-chelsea/

We have three Chick Fil A's here. The lines are so long on a normal day, I can't get near them. Can't imagine what it will be like once New Yorkers discover them.

Incidentally, CFA just opened one in Toronto the other day and the drag queens and perverts came out to protest. They held a "die in" in front of the door to keep customers from being able to get in. The customers just stepped over them and the CFA manager wheeled a cart out to give water to the protesters.
                          The federal government is the only place in the world where ineptitude and corruption is met with demands for more ineptitude and corruption. - Buck Sexton

Comment

Originally posted by War_Eagle View Post

We have three Chick Fil A's here. The lines are so long on a normal day, I can't get near them. Can't imagine what it will be like once New Yorkers discover them.

Incidentally, CFA just opened one in Toronto the other day and the drag queens and perverts came out to protest. They held a "die in" in front of the door to keep customers from being able to get in. The customers just stepped over them and the CFA manager wheeled a cart out to give water to the protesters.
                            Their largest store is in NYC 5 stories high and 150 employees.

I think the protests help their business.

Comment

Originally posted by War_Eagle View Post

Thatís awesome. Iíve never eaten at one (none near me) but I look forward to trying them someday
                              One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
                              Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Working...
                              X