Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How long before Comey is indicted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How long before Comey is indicted?

    So if Flynn and McCabe violated 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for lying to a government officer then, Comey has already confessed under oath to the exact same felony crime. He told the president that he was not under investigation when in fact he was. It's pretty clear the President of the United States is a government officer if there ever was one.

    Given the foregoing, who is willing to guess how long it will be before Comey is indicted?


    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

  • #2
    Originally posted by Thistle View Post
    So if Flynn and McCabe violated 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for lying to a government officer then, Comey has already confessed under oath to the exact same felony crime. He told the president that he was not under investigation when in fact he was. It's pretty clear the President of the United States is a government officer if there ever was one.

    Given the foregoing, who is willing to guess how long it will be before Comey is indicted?
    Never
    "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
    Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

    Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ignatius View Post

      Never
      Yep, the law is not distributed evenly, everyone should know that by now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ignatius View Post

        Never
        I wouldn't be so sure.


        Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thistle View Post

          I wouldn't be so sure.
          Look I'm not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to see it happen but I have serious doubts it ever will.
          "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
          Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

          Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thistle View Post
            So if Flynn and McCabe violated 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for lying to a government officer then, Comey has already confessed under oath to the exact same felony crime. He told the president that he was not under investigation when in fact he was. It's pretty clear the President of the United States is a government officer if there ever was one.

            Given the foregoing, who is willing to guess how long it will be before Comey is indicted?
            Probably not gonna be indicted.


            Random thoughts and gut responses: McCabe will serve as the scapegoat for FBI corruption. As the election season approaches both parties will want to focus on securing their jobs. Comey will be kept in the public's attention just enough to present the Dems as incompetent but not so much that new revelations risk any of the powers that be. Remember prosecuting the upper echelons of the FBI is rare. They are the guys that keep the dossiers on everyone.and even if they have nothing fatal to Trump any conflict between the two is just another place where the media will exploit the real and perceived divisiveness of the POTUS. McCabe has brought himself back into the news and if his firing is upheld the wrongfulness of the Trump persecution will be a fait accompli. Prosecuting Comet will be unnecessary and the Repubs won't want to enter the election cycle looking Like Dems. Comey will be able to walk away and get a job consulting for CNN or MSNBC. He might be "investigated" because one of the ways the government "fixes" you is by forcing you to lose your wealth on attorney fees. Once broke the government lets you go with the understand you'll be a good boy or girl for awhile else they reopen the investigation. Unlike some of the other schmucks involved in this mess Comey was once well respected within the FBI. That all changed when he mishandled the Hillary affair (no pun intended). I saw a radical shift among FBI personnel in their manner of gossip about the man but I don't get the sense anyone there is angry, sad, disgruntled, disappointed or whatever to pursue the man.
            All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

            “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ignatius View Post

              Look I'm not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to see it happen but I have serious doubts it ever will.
              No, I understand that clearly. I'm just saying that watching the Barr team operate will be very different from the hurricane of leaks we've grown used to under the despicable fiend team. I suspect that Barr's by the book approach gives the illusion that Barr is dragging his feet, which I think may not be the case at all.


              Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                Probably not gonna be indicted.


                Random thoughts and gut responses: McCabe will serve as the scapegoat for FBI corruption. As the election season approaches both parties will want to focus on securing their jobs. Comey will be kept in the public's attention just enough to present the Dems as incompetent but not so much that new revelations risk any of the powers that be. Remember prosecuting the upper echelons of the FBI is rare. They are the guys that keep the dossiers on everyone.and even if they have nothing fatal to Trump any conflict between the two is just another place where the media will exploit the real and perceived divisiveness of the POTUS. McCabe has brought himself back into the news and if his firing is upheld the wrongfulness of the Trump persecution will be a fait accompli. Prosecuting Comet will be unnecessary and the Repubs won't want to enter the election cycle looking Like Dems. Comey will be able to walk away and get a job consulting for CNN or MSNBC. He might be "investigated" because one of the ways the government "fixes" you is by forcing you to lose your wealth on attorney fees. Once broke the government lets you go with the understand you'll be a good boy or girl for awhile else they reopen the investigation. Unlike some of the other schmucks involved in this mess Comey was once well respected within the FBI. That all changed when he mishandled the Hillary affair (no pun intended). I saw a radical shift among FBI personnel in their manner of gossip about the man but I don't get the sense anyone there is angry, sad, disgruntled, disappointed or whatever to pursue the man.
                Trumps brand is drain the swamp. That translates to equal justice under the law. The attempt to take out Trump is a direct attack on 60 million American voters who voted for him. Take it for what it's worth, any president who is willing to pick a trade fight with everyone of our adversaries and everyone of our allies all at the same time, is willing to clean the swamp. If he is willing to pick that fight, he will win like Ronald Reagan did in his second term. If he shrinks from going to the mat for the voters he is speaking for, it's going to be a substantially more challenging proposition.


                Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                  So if Flynn and McCabe violated 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for lying to a government officer then, Comey has already confessed under oath to the exact same felony crime. He told the president that he was not under investigation when in fact he was. It's pretty clear the President of the United States is a government officer if there ever was one.

                  Given the foregoing, who is willing to guess how long it will be before Comey is indicted?
                  When Pigs fly (without an airplane).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ignatius View Post

                    Never
                    Well. Nunes did send a list of criminal referrals over and I suspect IG and Nunes will not strike out completely

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                      Trumps brand is drain the swamp. That translates to equal justice under the law.
                      That is correct.

                      If that were true then the White House and the FBI would be initiating a plethora of investigations of many political leaders on both sides of the political divide. This would make the legislature far more fruitless than it already is and was before Trump took office.
                      Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                      The attempt to take out Trump is a direct attack on 60 million American voters who voted for him. Take it for what it's worth, any president who is willing to pick a trade fight with everyone of our adversaries and everyone of our allies all at the same time, is willing to clean the swamp. If he is willing to pick that fight, he will win like Ronald Reagan did in his second term. If he shrinks from going to the mat for the voters he is speaking for, it's going to be a substantially more challenging proposition.
                      Doesn't change my op-reply. Comey will not likely be indicted. That's not because he's not culpable and shouldn't be made to pay some price for his errors, but because 1) energy and attention for all parties (individuals and institutions) will shift toward the election, 2) there are other was make him "pay" without having to indict and prosecute him, and 3) his former honor will provide him a certain amount of continued respect whether other trolls had neither. Republican politicians don't use scapegoating the same way or to the same degree Dems do and Trump is happy to exploit the system to accomplish his goals. The man filed bankruptcy three times and boasted about as evidence of his savvy ability to take advantage of the system legally. That is Trump's "brand."

                      All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

                      “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                        When Pigs fly (without an airplane).
                        You thought I was going with a GEICO commercial. I'm sorry . . .



                        Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

                          Well. Nunes did send a list of criminal referrals over and I suspect IG and Nunes will not strike out completely
                          I hope that the case.
                          "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                          Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

                          Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                            That is correct.

                            If that were true then the White House and the FBI would be initiating a plethora of investigations of many political leaders on both sides of the political divide. This would make the legislature far more fruitless than it already is and was before Trump took office.

                            Doesn't change my op-reply. Comey will not likely be indicted. That's not because he's not culpable and shouldn't be made to pay some price for his errors, but because 1) energy and attention for all parties (individuals and institutions) will shift toward the election, 2) there are other was make him "pay" without having to indict and prosecute him, and 3) his former honor will provide him a certain amount of continued respect whether other trolls had neither. Republican politicians don't use scapegoating the same way or to the same degree Dems do and Trump is happy to exploit the system to accomplish his goals. The man filed bankruptcy three times and boasted about as evidence of his savvy ability to take advantage of the system legally. That is Trump's "brand."
                            To be fair, Trump did some chapter 11 reorg's on the casino properties when he was CEO, then subsequently divested to a small minority interest, and handed it over to Carl Icon, who took them Chapter 7. The fact that Icon kept the Trump name on the properties while taking them Chapter 7 may very well have been intentionally malicious. I never read Trumps book, because I was not convince he was a great negotiator in light of being bested by Merv Griffin in the Resorts International deal. I never saw a single episode of The Apprentice, nor was I ever temped to. I never thought he was particularly conversant in public policy. But that having been said Trump has in my judgment been a quick study, and made some very sound policy choices sense becoming president. I mostly voted for him because his last name wasn't Clinton. But I must say he's exceeded my expectations impressively since becoming president. And I really do think he believes all the stuff he's been saying going all the way back to 1989.


                            Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                              So if Flynn and McCabe violated 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for lying to a government officer then, Comey has already confessed under oath to the exact same felony crime. He told the president that he was not under investigation when in fact he was. It's pretty clear the President of the United States is a government officer if there ever was one.

                              Given the foregoing, who is willing to guess how long it will be before Comey is indicted?
                              Around the time the Rrrrrussian Hillary Dossier report comes through.
                              “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                              Carl Sagan

                              God is love.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X