Let's demonstrate "ANYTHING"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's demonstrate "ANYTHING"

One of our more... Confrontational ... posters loves to rely on a poll who's question is whether they can think of "anything" that trump could do that would cause them to not support him. 60% say no.

In pure TDS fashion, he declares that this means that trump could impregnate his daughter, and people would still support him. When it's pointed out that going to extremes is probably reading too much into the answer, he responds that this is what "ANYTHING" means.

It turns out in that poll, that 70% of anti-trumpers (like himself) answered that they can't think of "anything" that trump could do (other than resign) that would make them support him.

So, by that token, lets come up with some "Anythings" that the question would cover.

We know that Trump could cure cancer, and they would not support him.
    We know that Trump could get lasting peace between Isreal and Palestine and they would not support him.
    We know that Trump could finish off ISIS and they would not support him.

But, since we are talking ANYTHING, lets go wild.

Trump could single-handedly drill into an asteroid and save the earth from destruction a-la Armageddon, and they would still not support him.
    Trump could fight against a resurrected Hitler and third Reich and they still would not support him.
    Trump could Bring about world peace and they would still not support him.

What else could fall under "Anything" using our...confrontational...poster's definition of "ANYTHING"

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
    -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post
    One of our more... Confrontational ... posters loves to rely on a poll who's question is whether they can think of "anything" that trump could do that would cause them to not support him. 60% say no.

In pure TDS fashion, he declares that this means that trump could impregnate his daughter, and people would still support him. When it's pointed out that going to extremes is probably reading too much into the answer, he responds that this is what "ANYTHING" means.

It turns out in that poll, that 70% of anti-trumpers (like himself) answered that they can't think of "anything" that trump could do (other than resign) that would make them support him.

So, by that token, lets come up with some "Anythings" that the question would cover.

We know that Trump could get lasting peace between Isreal and Palestine and they would not support him.

Trump could single-handedly drill into an asteroid and save the earth from destruction a-la Armageddon, and they would still not support him.
    Trump could fight against a resurrected Hitler and third Reich and they still would not support him.

What else could fall under "Anything" using our...confrontational...poster's definition of "ANYTHING"

Yeah leftists don't particularly care for it when you use their own moronic logic against them. Its an absolute fact that trump could cure cancer and they would STILL hate him. They would probably accuse him of making money off of it which they would claim is the only reason he did it.

This level of hatred is precisely why the left should only be ridiculed as they have no way of rationally discussing a topic.
    Last edited by ignatius; 11-08-19, 11:00 AM.
    "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
    Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Trump could load his kinfolk in a boat and cross the border moving to Mexico and they would not support him DUH.

Comment

Easy!!! his suicide (or his murder). It would be HARD to support a corpse. THEN, of course I'd vote for Pence.

Comment

Easy: IF Trump died. I wouldn't support him any longer, and would have to go with Pence.
          And if I died, the same would be true (except I wouldn't support Pence either).

SO far I haven't seen ANYBODY on the democratic side that I'd even consider for local garbage collection.

BUT HEY!! IF the Republicans chose satan as their candidate, then I'd vote Democratic - probably.

Reminds me of a large sign in a farmer's field in '16 that simply said: ANYBODY BUT HILLARY!!

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 11-08-19, 11:23 AM.

Comment

If Trump could make the national debt zero, abolish the need for anyone to ever have to pay taxes, make our rivers and lakes and oceans and air clean and pure, Democrats still would not support him.
            "A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth." The Preacher, 7:1

Comment

Trump could establish friendly relations with an advanced alien life forms that give us technology that cures disease, ends death, and provides unlimited resources, thereby removing all poverty, and 70% of anti-trumpers would not support him.

ANYTHING!
              I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
              -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Comment

He could come up with the solution to creating nuclear fusion energy, providing us with clean energy for lifetimes, and 70% of dems still would not support him

ANYTHING.
                "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
                -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by awsmmix View Post
                  If Trump could make the national debt zero, abolish the need for anyone to ever have to pay taxes, make our rivers and lakes and oceans and air clean and pure, Democrats still would not support him.
                  But he's not even TRYING anything close, rather the OPPOSITE
                  Keep showing our glaring hypocrisy.
                  Perception is awareness shaped by beliefs
                  Beliefs "control" perception

..... Rewrite beliefs and you rewrite perceptions
                  .......... Rewrite perceptions and you rewrite behaviors

Adopting a Do Not Feed The Trolls practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper View Post

And the point of the thread goes in the stratosphere over your head.....
                    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Do you even realize the point of the OP?

Apparently not.
                      "A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth." The Preacher, 7:1

Comment

Irrelevant. Even IF trump did that, 70% of the people who don't support him STILL wouldn't support him (as per another poster's reading of the word "ANYTHING" in a poll)

Comment

Really Robert? A whole OP devoted to me? I've told you to find a more consequential subject that me. But ya CAN'T can you?
                          There is treatment for obsessive compulsive behavior.
                          Oh, and BTW there are TWO polls that say the same thing about the people that elected the pig-ignorant dolt.
                          One from last week and one from years ago. Both shoow that the people who elected the authoritarian thug cannot change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

Really Robert? A whole OP devoted to me? I've told you to find a more consequential subject that me. But ya CAN'T can you?
                            There is treatment for obsessive compulsive behavior.
                            Oh, and BTW there are TWO polls that say the same thing about the people that elected the pig-ignorant dolt.
                            One from last week and one from years ago. Both shoow that the people who elected the authoritarian thug cannot change their minds.
                            The same is true for the 70% TDS group.

Comment

Originally posted by awsmmix View Post

Do you even realize the point of the OP?

Apparently not.
                              Yup I DO
                              Do you even care you're a flaming HYPOCRITE?
                              Certainly NOT!
                              Perception is awareness shaped by beliefs
                              Beliefs "control" perception

..... Rewrite beliefs and you rewrite perceptions
                              .......... Rewrite perceptions and you rewrite behaviors

Adopting a Do Not Feed The Trolls practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X