Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Existence of extraterrestrials all around us and our need to listen to each other.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inertia View Post

Not at all. The aliens are silent because " life on other planets would likely be brief and become extinct very quickly. " It is known in the astrobiology community as the Gaian Bottleneck.

(i) extinction is the cosmic default for most life that has ever emerged

(ii) rocky planets need to be inhabited to remain habitable

Even so, the right star type must be available for life. To date, astronomers and astrophysicists have not discovered another star sufficiently like the Sun that could sustain advanced life on a conceivable planet orbiting it. It certainly is not for lack of searching. They are still looking. What's true is that our Sun’s special features make it a unique star for sustaining advanced lifeforms.

The requirements:

- Category: G2-type star

- temperature within 5░ centigrade of the Sun’s value

- luminosity variation of less than 0.1%

- same abundance of elements heavier than helium ( a star's metalicity )

- the same age ( 4.566 billion years ) within 0.1 million to a million years

Interestingly, there is one star, namely M67-1194, that resides within a cluster of stars that is a particularly close near twin but -not- identical. It is still considered more twin-like than other near twin stars but it is about 5% richer in elements heavier than helium and about 0.5 million years younger. Also the fact that it is in close proximity to other stars in the vicinity is a problem for advanced life.

Only the most Sun-like stars should be SETI candidates*.

I tried but it was way too long. Sorry. Also there are so many suspicious - invalid statements by Dr. Steven Greer including the said "ability to summon aliens", he is very hard to believe.

* References:

- MelÚndez et al., “Remarkable Solar Twin HIP 56948.”
    Well, I see that we disagree on more things than I realized. I will only comment on your assertions regarding Steven Greer. Dr. Greer is among the most deceived persons on planet earth. And he talks out of both sides of his mouth. On one side it is all about a physical reality that he asserts actually exists but looking at the "evidence" that he posts in videos on YouTube, all you see are lights in the sky and entities that materialize and dematerialize at will. They are clearly NOT physical craft or physical living entities, period. It is the deception that he is promoting that I am studying, not his outrageous claims and the "performance" that he gives in his lectures. I have no idea of your personal eschatology or even if you have one. I personally know with absolute certainty, for reasons I have no interest in discussing, that we are living in the very last days of this age. And every facet of subjects that in one way or another are part of the last days scenario are of interest to me. And there are no end of them, as I am rapidly learning.
    Fight like a real man. Get on your knees and pray!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkycharlie View Post
      ..<snip>... It is the deception that he is promoting that I am studying, not his outrageous claims and the "performance" that he gives in his lectures....<snip>...
      I didn't know anything about Stephen Greer until you brought his name up here at CARM. From what I read and saw, he was not convincing.

Concerning UFO's from extraterrestrial origin. I don't have reason to believe there are other -physical- sentient intelligent technologically advanced lifeforms that exist outside of Earth. That said, I am willing to be proved wrong in the future.
      "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

I didn't know anything about Stephen Greer until you brought his name up here at CARM. From what I read and saw, he was not convincing.

Concerning UFO's from extraterrestrial origin. I don't have reason to believe there are other -physical- sentient intelligent technologically advanced lifeforms that exist outside of Earth. That said, I am willing to be proved wrong in the future.
        Oh, we are certainly on the same page here. We are absolutely NOT being visited by extraterrestrial life forms from other star systems. These are trans-dimensional entities from the spirit realm,i.e. demonic, and Greer is simply a tool that they are exploiting. It is a delusion that has been in the works for literally millennia and is soon to come to a head, as the saying goes. And that is exactly why I am literally driven to understand exactly how it is being fomented in order to have a capacity to refute it, in the event that it becomes necessary.

Comment

They could be demonic.

Comment

Originally posted by JagdPanther View Post

They could be demonic.
            What does the spiritual have to do with the subject of Unidentified Flying Objects? Concerning physical existence:

" ... various studies have concluded that the phenomenon does not represent a threat to national security, nor does it contain anything worthy of scientific pursuit (e.g., 1951 Flying Saucer Working Party, 1953 CIA Robertson Panel, USAF Project Blue Book, Condon Committee). "

Quote reference: Unidentified Flying Object
            "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

What does the spiritual have to do with the subject of Unidentified Flying Objects? Concerning physical existence:

" ... various studies have concluded that the phenomenon does not represent a threat to national security, nor does it contain anything worthy of scientific pursuit (e.g., 1951 Flying Saucer Working Party, 1953 CIA Robertson Panel, USAF Project Blue Book, Condon Committee). "

How does that mean they are not demons?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are your comments based upon a genuine determination to gain as much understanding as possible regarding the whole ufo/extraterrestrial paradigm as it is currently being expressed, or is this just a side issue for you not really worth an actual concerted effort requiring a substantial investment of time and research to even begin to understand it? Take this for whatever you think it's worth, which won't be much I'm sure, but you not only haven't scratched the surface, you haven't even made a mark visible to a scanning tunneling microscope!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are your comments based upon a genuine determination to gain as much understanding as possible regarding the whole ufo/extraterrestrial paradigm as it is currently being expressed, or is this just a side issue for you not really worth an actual concerted effort requiring a substantial investment of time and research to even begin to understand it? Take this for whatever you think it's worth, which won't be much I'm sure, but you not only haven't scratched the surface, you haven't even made a mark visible to a scanning tunneling microscope!
                  The burden of evidence is on the people making the claims. So far, I have never seen an assertion with credible -evidence- from either a scientific or a biblical perspective. A premise based on assertions that cannot be defended makes believability like a vapor in the wind.

Heisenberg

Comment

The burden of evidence is on the people making the claims. So far, I have never seen an assertion with credible -evidence- from either a scientific or a biblical perspective. A premise based on assertions that cannot be defended makes believability like a vapor in the wind.
                    I agree with and understand your position. For decades, that was always the issue. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and proof was always lacking. However, what appears to have changed in recent years is that extraordinary claims are now accompanied with claims of extraordinary proof, but the rub comes in trying to actually gain access to any such proof. The fact that you had never heard of Steven Greer shows juts how far out of the loop you are. I have followed him off and on for 20 years. Today, I received in the mail his latest documentary on DVD titled "Unacknowledged". You can stream it on Amazon for just $3.99 and it's about an hour and forty five minutes. It's not the proof that we're both looking for but it gives you a sense of where things are heading. I would suggest that you watch this video on YouTube by Grant Cameron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7freM-n88o&t=122s I just ordered his 2017 book: Managing Magic: The Government's UFO Disclosure Plan. Believe it or not, somewhere in the massive amount of smoke on this subject there is a fire. I guarantee it.

Comment

Another what I consider a highly credible source is Col. Phillip J. Corso who published a boot titled "The Day After Roswell", which is well worth reading. He recounts how during his military career, while stationed in the Pentagon, he was tasked with transferring recovered UFO technology into appropriate technology based American corporations and businesses out of his Pentagon office. Here are links to videos of or about him before he died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfTY7NuceQ&t=139s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8GucGldVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or01OwW2rBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTmy-vwrns&t=6s

Comment

Another what I consider a highly credible source is Col. Phillip J. Corso who published a boot titled "The Day After Roswell", which is well worth reading. He recounts how during his military career, while stationed in the Pentagon, he was tasked with transferring recovered UFO technology into appropriate technology based American corporations and businesses out of his Pentagon office. Here are links to videos of or about him before he died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfTY7NuceQ&t=139s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8GucGldVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or01OwW2rBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTmy-vwrns&t=6s
                        Here is what I quickly found about Col. Corso's book, The day After Roswell...
                        Retraction of foreword

When it was released, the book contained a foreword written by Strom Thurmond, for whom Corso had once served as an aide. Thurmond wrote, "He has many interesting stories to share with individuals interested in military history, espionage and the workings of our Government." The foreword did not mention anything about UFOs since Thurmond had assumed the book was a straightforward memoir. When he learned about the book's contents, Thurmond asked for his foreword to be retracted, saying, "I know of no such 'cover-up,' and do not believe one existed." Reception

The book appeared on The New York Times Best Sellers List for several weeks, but received many unfavorable reviews. Publishers Weekly advised, "[Corso's book] is only for the few special libraries that have made documenting the unconventional a collecting priority." In 2001, The Guardian included the book in its list of "Top Ten literary hoaxes".
                        Found here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Roswell

Comment

Working...
                        X