Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

"Do not neglect meeting together as some have made a habit..." Heb 10 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Do not neglect meeting together as some have made a habit..." Heb 10 25

    Originally posted by Bonlee

    I do not attend any church at this point in time,
    How do you satisfy this teaching ...."24 And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25 Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. 26 If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,"

    A Catholic reads this verse as a serious obligation. Our Church has determined the nature of our 'meeting together' as the new Sabbath Eucharist and we obey and submit to that in one part, respect of the above warning. If we don't sustain our faith by meeting together, we are essentially sinning without concern, perhaps justifying our sins by a false sense of entitlement. Yet there it is in Scripture. If we don't put oursselves into the fellowship of accountability with others, we can't expect to be covered by the sacrifice for sins.

  • #2
    I think that a lot of people have this "me and the Bible" attitude and they forget about being a member of a church. This goes back to the idea that the Church plays no role in one's faith life. Ever since the Protestant Revolution people have attempted to minimize the Church.
    "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
      How do you satisfy this teaching ...."24 And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25 Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. 26 If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,"

      A Catholic reads this verse as a serious obligation. Our Church has determined the nature of our 'meeting together' as the new Sabbath Eucharist and we obey and submit to that in one part, respect of the above warning. If we don't sustain our faith by meeting together, we are essentially sinning without concern, perhaps justifying our sins by a false sense of entitlement. Yet there it is in Scripture. If we don't put oursselves into the fellowship of accountability with others, we can't expect to be covered by the sacrifice for sins.
      your 'church' has determined something that isn't support by scripture.

      where does it say 'to meet in a RCC/CC specific building'? does it mention any building?


      "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

      The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post
        I think that a lot of people have this "me and the Bible" attitude and they forget about being a member of a church. This goes back to the idea that the Church plays no role in one's faith life. Ever since the Protestant Revolution people have attempted to minimize the Church.
        yep, me and Him and His word... for catholics, it's 'me and my man made church'.

        believers are the church, His church. His church isn't a building, nor is it a man made group of men who set themselves up to be leaders of the lost.

        "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

        The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mica View Post
          your 'church' has determined something that isn't support by scripture.

          where does it say 'to meet in a RCC/CC specific building'? does it mention any building?

          How do you satisfy the teaching to meet together to strengthen the soul against sin so that the sacrifice of Christ is still valid to you?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

            How do you satisfy the teaching to meet together to strengthen the soul against sin so that the sacrifice of Christ is still valid to you?
            How do you get 'Catholic mass' out of 'meet together'?

            For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
            ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 4Him View Post

              How do you get 'Catholic mass' out of 'meet together'?

              For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
              The Mass is how the Church practices the teaching to meet together for strength and edification in the Eucharist.

              How do you satisfy the teaching to meet together for the sake of His sacrifice remain relevant to you?

              Comment


              • #8
                searching on the world wide web for < the abomination of the mass > reveals many sites exposing the false teachings and false gospel which

                is contrary entirely to Christ and which is opposed to all Scripture.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post
                  searching on the world wide web for < the abomination of the mass > reveals many sites exposing the false teachings and false gospel which

                  is contrary entirely to Christ and which is opposed to all Scripture.
                  What is the correct manner of 'meeting together' as Paul instructs for the serious purpose of Christs sacrifice remaining relevant to us personally?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To meet together as Yahweh directs means first of all to obey Him when He Says Clearly "Come our of her My people" referring to the requirement to come out of all babylon - babylon is that which practices things so contrary to His Plan of Salvation, and opposed to His Word, and instead of Faith in Jesus. Trusting in man's way led to Yahweh's curse, as He said would always happen when anyone put their trust in men opposed to Him.


                    Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

                    What is the correct manner of 'meeting together' as Paul instructs for the serious purpose of Christs sacrifice remaining relevant to us personally?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post
                      To meet together as Yahweh directs means first of all to obey Him when He Says Clearly "Come our of her My people" referring to the requirement to come out of all babylon - babylon is that which practices things so contrary to His Plan of Salvation, and opposed to His Word, and instead of Faith in Jesus. Trusting in man's way led to Yahweh's curse, as He said would always happen when anyone put their trust in men opposed to Him.



                      In the thread I was hoping to glean how nonCC's observe Pauls instruction to meet together regularly for the sake of fighting sin in ourselves and increasing in purity so that Christs sacrifice for sin remains relevant to us. How to you observe the instruction?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Doug View Post

                        Dontcha know that at the very moment Jesus Christ called us who now follow Him out of Catholicism we immediately got amnesia and instantly stupid regarding Catholic theology?
                        This seemed an appropriate note.

                        With regards to evil (false gospel, false teachings) , be simple;

                        King James Bible
                        "For your obedience is come abroad unto all men.

                        I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil."

                        Christian Standard Bible "The report of your obedience has reached everyone. Therefore I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise about what is good, and yet innocent about what is evil."

                        Contemporary English Version "I am glad that everyone knows how well you obey the Lord. But still, I want you to understand what is good and not have anything to do with evil."

                        "Be wise" Come out of her MY people. Don't remain where they have false teachings and false practices all opposed to Jesus and all exposed clearly by God's Word.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post

                          This seemed an appropriate note.

                          With regards to evil (false gospel, false teachings) , be simple;

                          King James Bible
                          "For your obedience is come abroad unto all men.

                          I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil."

                          Christian Standard Bible "The report of your obedience has reached everyone. Therefore I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise about what is good, and yet innocent about what is evil."

                          Contemporary English Version "I am glad that everyone knows how well you obey the Lord. But still, I want you to understand what is good and not have anything to do with evil."

                          "Be wise" Come out of her MY people. Don't remain where they have false teachings and false practices all opposed to Jesus and all exposed clearly by God's Word.
                          You seem to be misunderstanding my question. What is the 'correct' manner of 'meeting together' as Paul instructs for the serious purpose of Christs sacrifice remaining relevant to us personally?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

                            The Mass is how the Church practices the teaching to meet together for strength and edification in the Eucharist.

                            How do you satisfy the teaching to meet together for the sake of His sacrifice remain relevant to you?
                            Anytime you fellowship with Christians, be it with 1, or 100, that is to 'meet together'. It's called fellowship.

                            Heb 10 is not about "Catholic mass", nor about missing mass, it's about His sacrifice, and those that reject it.

                            ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 4Him View Post

                              Anytime you fellowship with Christians, be it with 1, or 100, that is to 'meet together'. It's called fellowship.

                              Heb 10 is not about "Catholic mass", nor about missing mass, it's about His sacrifice, and those that reject it.
                              I don't agree with your interpretation of Pauls instruction to meet together regularly. He indicates that it is for the specific purpose of our edification and it's a serious obligation since to continue in sin without serious effort to reform is an almighty disaster.

                              "24 And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25 Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. 26 If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and raging fire that will consume all adversaries"

                              Reading Pauls words cannot but impel one fearfully to search for a 'meeting together' that genuinely observes the seriousness of the duty and I find that to be reflected powerfully by the Mass through the Eucharist that infuses us with the gravity and the joy hand in hand, that Christ's sacrifice is.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X