Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Faith alone theology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

I already knew that answer!
    More than one of us did!
    An open mind is a good thing.
    Ensure that you don't open your mind so far that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kamatu View Post

More than one of us did!
      Obviously!
      The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

When you discuss Jesus you either refer to the Father in the Son or the Son in the Father so which one are you referring to?

Now, if you refer to the Father then you are referring to God who is Spirit and if you are referring to the Son then you are referring to a human come from God as the Father through Spirit conception and natural birth.

However, Jesus is both because he is the Word who is God made flesh!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay
        I am His son, I refer to the same Father Jesus had. And if Jesus is both then so am I for I have the sane Father he had.

You just haven't discovered what it is to be in the Father and He in you as one is all. You are still an infant searching for truths is all.

Christ is not about who Jesus was, Christ is about who are you? Anyone can read who Jesus was but not everyone has received from the Father that what Jesus received form Him, you are still in elementary.
        The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

I am His son, I refer to the same Father Jesus had. And if Jesus is both then so am I for I have the sane Father he had.

You just haven't discovered what it is to be in the Father and He in you as one is all. You are still an infant searching for truths is all.

Christ is not about who Jesus was, Christ is about who are you? Anyone can read who Jesus was but not everyone has received from the Father that what Jesus received form Him, you are still in elementary.
          It is all about who Jesus is that I agree with!

He is my Lord and Savior!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

It is all about who Jesus is that I agree with!

He is my Lord and Savior!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay
            Who is he for you? You say he is lord and savior, what does that mean for you?

Comment

Who is he for you? You say he is lord and savior, what does that mean for you?
              It means that Jesus who is my Lord and Savior is the only God I worship.

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post
                Why do the faith alone preach a theology of salvation through a faith without works?

James 2:20-26---King James Version (KJV)
                20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
                21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
                22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
                23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
                24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
                25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
                26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
                In James 2:20, "faith without works is dead" does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works (which would be like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit) and then it becomes a living faith or that works are the source of life in faith or that we are saved by works. *James is simply saying faith that is not accompanied by evidential works is dead. If someone says-claims he has faith but lacks resulting evidential works, then he has an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith. (James 2:14)

In James 2:21, notice closely that James does not say that Abraham's work of offering up Isaac resulted in God's accounting Abraham as righteous. The accounting of Abraham's faith as righteousness was made in Genesis 15:6, many years before his work of offering up Isaac recorded in Genesis 22. The work of Abraham did not have some kind of intrinsic merit to account him as righteous, but it showed or manifested the genuineness of his faith. This is the "sense" in which Abraham was "justified by works." He was shown to be righteous.

In James 2:22, faith made perfect or complete by works means bring to maturity, carry to the end, to complete like love in 1 John 4:18. It does not mean that Abraham was finally saved based on merits of his works after he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22. When Abraham performed the good work in Genesis 22; he fulfilled the expectations created by the pronouncement of his faith in Genesis 15:6.

In James 2:23, the scripture was fulfilled in vindicating or demonstrating that Abraham believed God and was accounted as righteous. Abraham was accounted as righteous based on his faith (Genesis 15:6) not his works(Romans 4:2-3) long before he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22.

The harmony of Romans 4:2-3 and James 2:24 is seen in the differing ways that Paul and James use the term "justified." When Paul uses the term he is referring to the legal (judicial) act of God by which He accounts the believer as righteous. James, however is using the term to describe those who would show the evidence of their faith by the works that they do. In James 2:24, James is not using the word "justified" to mean "accounted as righteous" but is shown to be righteous. *James is discussing the proof/evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18), not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God (Romans 4:2-3). Works bear out the justification that already came by faith.

In the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the Greek word for justified "dikaioo" #1344 is:

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
                2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
                3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

In Matthew 12:37, we read - "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." This is because our words (and our works) reveal the condition of our hearts. Words/works will be evidences for, or against a man's being in a state of righteousness.

God is said to have been justified by those who were baptized by John the Baptist (Luke 7:29). This act pronounced or declared God to be righteous. It did not make him righteous. The basis or ground for the pronouncement was the fact that God IS righteous. Notice that the NIV reads, "acknowledged that God's way was right.." The ESV reads, "they declared God just.." This is the "sense" in which God was "justified." He was shown to be righteous.

Matthew 11:19 "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax-gatherers and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified/vindicated/shown to be right by her deeds."

In James 2:25, Rahab believed in the Lord with authentic faith (Joshua 2:9-13), requested "kindness" (2:12), received the promise of kindness (2:14), and hung out the "scarlet line" (2:21), as the demonstration of her authentic faith. She showed that her faith in God was not a dead faith by her works, just as all genuine believers show theirs. (James 2:18)

In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body emits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works (Ephesians 2:5-10).

So man is saved through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is vindicated, substantiated, evidenced by works (James 2:14-26).

*Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. (Romans 3:22-28)

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not by the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies is never alone (solitary, unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-26). *Perfect Harmony*

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

It means that Jesus who is my Lord and Savior is the only God I worship.

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay
                  I see so your god is a man and not a Spirit and is not in you as He says He is. That is why you do not know the same God who came to Jesus by His Spirit and was in him as well as He is in us all who has received Him and have His same disposition, mind, Spirit, as Jesus said we should have of the Father.

My God is Spirit and He in me and I in Him are one. Jesus said the same of himself. He couldn't do anything without His Spirit either.

May Gods Spirit come and open to you His kingdom which is Spirit and not flesh. no flesh inherits the kingdom of God. And in that you cant know God at all least you do receive Him. To you receiving Him is only by law with no reality for the manifestation of. .

Comment

I see so your god is a man and not a Spirit and is not in you as He says He is. That is why you do not know the same God who came to Jesus by His Spirit and was in him as well as He is in us all who has received Him and have His same disposition, mind, Spirit, as Jesus said we should have of the Father.

My God is Spirit and He in me and I in Him are one. Jesus said the same of himself. He couldn't do anything without His Spirit either.

May Gods Spirit come and open to you His kingdom which is Spirit and not flesh. no flesh inherits the kingdom of God. And in that you cant know God at all least you do receive Him. To you receiving Him is only by law with no reality for the manifestation of. .
                    Jesus is the Spirit and there is no other Spirit that is God.

Christ in us is the Spirit and the Spirit is God.

The Son is not God but Jesus is the Father and the Son in unified roles because he is the Logos made flesh.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
                    God was in Christ is who Jesus is!

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
                    God was manifest in the flesh is who Jesus is!

The Father in the Son and the Son in the Father is who God is who is God in two personal roles of himself!

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
                    There is no Jesus as the Son of God who is not in the Father and no Jesus if the Father is not in the Son thus you can not include one with including the other.

The Word made flesh is not just the Son of God but is the Father as well.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• =SeventhDay;n5911045]

Jesus received Gods Spirit and in that reception in Matt 3:16 his whole disposition changed along with his ministry.
                      Agreed, anointed of God which is Christ in me just as He was in Jesus by the same Spirit in me who was in Christ Jesus. .

The Son is not God but Jesus is the Father and the Son in unified roles because he is the Logos made flesh.
                      I am His son just as Jesus was but that doesn't make me a god anymore than it made Jesus a god.

Christ is anyone who is anointed of God. Christ simply means to be anointed of God. Jesus was anointed of God as well as we all are who has the same form God.

God is manifest in the flesh of all who will receive Him. I am His temple, He is the head of my body, the godhead bodily.

The Father in the Son and the Son in the Father is who God is who is God in two personal roles of himself!
                      Yes He in me and I in Him are one.

There is no Jesus as the Son of God who is not in the Father and no Jesus if the Father is not in the Son thus you can not include one with including the other.
                      Agreed, all who has from God that what Jesus had from Him are His son, Cant have one without the other.
                      Yes He is manifest in my flesh and I do walk as He walks in His same light. Jesus did to and you are supposed to as well. that is the very reason God sent Jesus to show you the way.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                      He has indeed.

Comment

Jesus received Gods Spirit and in that reception in Matt 3:16 his whole disposition changed along with his ministry.

Agreed, anointed of God which is Christ in me just as He was in Jesus by the same Spirit in me who was in Christ Jesus. .

I am His son just as Jesus was but that doesn't make me a god anymore than it made Jesus a god.

Christ is anyone who is anointed of God. Christ simply means to be anointed of God. Jesus was anointed of God as well as we all are who has the same form God.

God is manifest in the flesh of all who will receive Him. I am His temple, He is the head of my body, the godhead bodily.

Yes He in me and I in Him are one.

Agreed, all who has from God that what Jesus had from Him are His son, Cant have one without the other.

Yes He is manifest in my flesh and I do walk as He walks in His same light. Jesus did to and you are supposed to as well. that is the very reason God sent Jesus to show you the way.

He has indeed.

It is simple. Is Jesus God in the flesh as the Father and the Son?

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
                        God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

It is simple. Is Jesus God in the flesh as the Father and the Son?

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                          No' God was in Jesus flesh just as He is in mine, he was son of man to. God is a Spirit not a man. Jesus was God incarnate, coming into the man from the outward inward. See Matt 3:16, he didn't even know Gods Spirit or His heaven until it was opened to him. This is the part you are missing from God yourself.

If you had His Spirit you would know that He is a Spirit and not flesh. Jesus wasn't the first to know God and become like Him, Adam was see Gen 3:22, Moses received God, Abraham received God and others received God way before Jesus did. All that Jesus did was try and show you a better way of understanding that what these received form God in yourself. 120 in an upper room finally received from God that what Jesus tried to tell them after Jesus was gone. This is the God who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to that man and all of these that you are rejecting in favor of a god of flesh, a man as a god which is a carry over from Greek mythology who worshiped man as gods.

But I agree with you that your god is flesh that is obvious ... mine and the One Jesus received and sent him to show us the way of Spirit is Spirit.

Comment

No' God was in Jesus flesh just as He is in mine, he was son of man to. God is a Spirit not a man. Jesus was God incarnate, coming into the man from the outward inward. See Matt 3:16, he didn't even know Gods Spirit or His heaven until it was opened to him. This is the part you are missing from God yourself.

If you had His Spirit you would know that He is a Spirit and not flesh. Jesus wasn't the first to know God and become like Him, Adam was see Gen 3:22, Moses received God, Abraham received God and others received God way before Jesus did. All that Jesus did was try and show you a better way of understanding that what these received form God in yourself. 120 in an upper room finally received from God that what Jesus tried to tell them after Jesus was gone. This is the God who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to that man and all of these that you are rejecting in favor of a god of flesh, a man as a god which is a carry over from Greek mythology who worshiped man as gods.

But I agree with you that your god is flesh that is obvious ... mine and the One Jesus received and sent him to show us the way of Spirit is Spirit.
                            The scriptures state that the Word was made flesh and that Jesus is the Word and the Word is God and therefore so is Jesus who is the Word.

You are not arguing with me but the scriptures.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• =SeventhDay;n5911045]

Yes Jesus is no longer with us but the same Spirit who was in Him remains and always has, He never has changed for He was the same in Adam as He is in those who has received Him today. .

Yes Christ = Gods anointed and either one is anointed of Gods Spirit or one is not. Christ in me is Gods anointing in me just as Jesus was anointed of Gods Spirit no different at all. If you are different from that what Jesus was in is anointing then you do not follow Him at all and Christ is not in you. Christ is not a person, Christ is the disposition of the person who is anointed of God. That is what it means for Christ be in you.

Then so am I for I have the very same from God that Jesus had from God as God sent Jesus to show me what that is.

God was in Christ? Christ simply means to be anointed of God. Christ in you, is Gods anointing in you, or is supposed to be but all these excuses you are making up not to be His anointed will not allow Him to anoint you with His Christ.

Just as He is manifest in everyone who will receive Him as Jesus did and others did.

Yes I am His son. He in me and I in Him are one. See Jesus prayer to his God or me to be in John 17. God answered His prayer. I and the Father are one.

That's right I am His son as well.

Yes the word of God is written in the heart of every person who has from Him that what Jesus had from Him.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                              Yes I am blessed of God ...thank you. And whoever you are listening to that is teaching you that God is flesh would do you well to seek the One of Spirit ... The one Jesus receive din himself, prayed to, obeyed and call Father.

Comment

Yes Jesus is no longer with us but the same Spirit who was in Him remains and always has, He never has changed for He was the same in Adam as He is in those who has received Him today. .

Yes Christ = Gods anointed and either one is anointed of Gods Spirit or one is not. Christ in me is Gods anointing in me just as Jesus was anointed of Gods Spirit no different at all. If you are different from that what Jesus was in is anointing then you do not follow Him at all and Christ is not in you. Christ is not a person, Christ is the disposition of the person who is anointed of God. That is what it means for Christ be in you.

Then so am I for I have the very same from God that Jesus had from God as God sent Jesus to show me what that is.

God was in Christ? Christ simply means to be anointed of God. Christ in you, is Gods anointing in you, or is supposed to be but all these excuses you are making up not to be His anointed will not allow Him to anoint you with His Christ.

Just as He is manifest in everyone who will receive Him as Jesus did and others did.

Yes I am His son. He in me and I in Him are one. See Jesus prayer to his God or me to be in John 17. God answered His prayer. I and the Father are one.

That's right I am His son as well.

Yes the word of God is written in the heart of every person who has from Him that what Jesus had from Him.

Yes I am blessed of God ...thank you. And whoever you are listening to that is teaching you that God is flesh would do you well to seek the One of Spirit ... The one Jesus receive din himself, prayed to, obeyed and call Father.
                                Of course Jesus is with us in Spirit and has always been.

Joh 1:4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men,

Joh 1:5 and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.
                                God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Working...
                                X