Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Only God decides who goes to hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only God decides who goes to hell

someone told me that I'm going to hell.

That person and we are not allowed to play at being a god and pass that judgment on other souls. Not our call.

Thats all. ❤️
    Last edited by e v e; 07-19-17, 05:32 AM.

Casting stones was not recommended by Christ either.

Comment

God sends no one to hell. We send ourselves there by rejecting His Son.

It is true that we must not judge others, but if a Christian is living in habitual sin, they need to be warned that this is hurting their relationship with God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post
        God sends no one to hell. We send ourselves there by rejecting His Son..
        What about all those who never heard the Gospel of Jesus. You can't say that they "rejected" what they did not know. This would be the vast majority of the human race that had ever lived on our planet.
        Fellow posters, pls don’t complain about my "divisive" views! “…The Apologetics Forum is for the purpose of answering and debating those with different beliefs or disagreeing with Christian beliefs....We do not remove heretics…”(source CARM, above)

Comment

Originally posted by Truth-quest View Post
          What about all those who never heard the Gospel of Jesus. You can't say that they "rejected" what they did not know. This would be the vast majority of the human race that had ever lived on our planet.
          That has been discussed a zillion times. God said in His word that we are without excuse as He has made Himself known through the things He has created, such as nature. Every civilization has always had some form of worship because intrinsic in every man is a belief in some kind of deity. The Bible says that God has given everyone a measure of faith.

John said that Jesus was (is) "the true light which gives light to every man coming into the world" (John 1:9).

Maybe you make excuses for man, but God apparently does not.

Comment

Unimportant, Since in your personal theology, you get to take as many "trips through the mill" as it takes to "get it right".

Comment

That has been discussed a zillion times. God said in His word that we are without excuse as He has made Himself known through the things He has created, such as nature. Every civilization has always had some form of worship because intrinsic in every man is a belief in some kind of deity. The Bible says that God has given everyone a measure of faith.

John said that Jesus was (is) "the true light which gives light to every man coming into the world" (John 1:9).

Maybe you make excuses for man, but God apparently does not.
              So you are denying what Jesus said in John 3:16 and John 14:6. He did not talk about "in every man is a belief in some kind of deity". Believing in "some kind of deity" does not save! Refer to what Jesus said and try not to contradict Him!

Fellow posters, pls don’t complain about my "divisive" views! “…The Apologetics Forum is for the purpose of answering and debating those with different beliefs or disagreeing with Christian beliefs....We do not remove heretics…”(source CARM, above)

Comment

That has been discussed a zillion times. God said in His word that we are without excuse as He has made Himself known through the things He has created, such as nature. Every civilization has always had some form of worship because intrinsic in every man is a belief in some kind of deity.
                In reply to your above post, I must point out that you conbtradict what Jesus said in John 3:16 and John 14:6. Jesus never mentioned "a belief in some kind of deity". Believing in "some kind of deity" does not save! Refer to what JESUS said! So, as you rightly said earlier that "we send ourselves to hell", do you believe that all these people sent themselves to hell, or not?

Comment

In reply to your above post, I must point out that you conbtradict what Jesus said in John 3:16 and John 14:6. Jesus never mentioned "a belief in some kind of deity". Believing in "some kind of deity" does not save! Refer to what JESUS said! So, as you rightly said earlier that "we send ourselves to hell", do you believe that all these people sent themselves to hell, or not?
                  My point was that in every civilization man knows there's a higher power. There was always some kind of worshiping going on. Where did that come from? GOD! Man is responsible for what he does/believes with the amount of light he has.If Jesus is not known to that civilization, then what God has been made known man is responsible for.

God gave every one of us a measure of faith and Christ "lights" every man that comes into the world.

Did God lied? Did Jesus lie?

Comment

My point was that in every civilization man knows there's a higher power. There was always some kind of worshiping going on. Where did that come from? GOD! Man is responsible for what he does/believes with the amount of light he has.If Jesus is not known to that civilization, then what God has been made known man is responsible for.

God gave every one of us a measure of faith and Christ "lights" every man that comes into the world.

Did God lied? Did Jesus lie?
                    Well God does not lie and nor did Jesus, Jesus said that NO-ONE comes to the Father but through Him and He said that believing in HIM, JESUS, not "some kind of deity" was required for salvation. As a CHRISTian, I believe what the CHRIST said. Jesus did not say what you claim above. The condition of eblieving in Him was without exceptions!

Comment

silent

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
                        someone told me that I'm going to hell.

That person and we are not allowed to play at being a god and pass that judgment on other souls. Not our call.

Thats all. ❤️

Scriptural references - judgement:

http://www.godandscience.org/cults/judge.html

Romans 8:31-39 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
                        31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
                        We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”[a]

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Footnote:

a. Romans 8:36; Psalm 44:22

Psalm 57:6 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson

They have prepared a net for my steps;
                        My soul is bowed down;
                        They have dug a pit before me;
                        Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah

In Christ's service,
                        David Behrens
                        Sola Gloria Dei!
                        Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Comment

Well God does not lie and nor did Jesus, Jesus said that NO-ONE comes to the Father but through Him and He said that believing in HIM, JESUS, not "some kind of deity" was required for salvation. As a CHRISTian, I believe what the CHRIST said. Jesus did not say what you claim above. The condition of eblieving in Him was without exceptions!

How were people in the OT saved?

Comment

Originally posted by davbeh2010 View Post

Scriptural references - judgement:

http://www.godandscience.org/cults/judge.html

Romans 8:31-39 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
                            31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
                            We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”[a]

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Footnote:

a. Romans 8:36; Psalm 44:22

Psalm 57:6 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson

They have prepared a net for my steps;
                            My soul is bowed down;
                            They have dug a pit before me;
                            Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah

In Christ's service,
                            David Behrens
                            Sola Gloria Dei!
                            Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
                            Please tell me In your own words. I don't read walls of text. Thank you!

Comment

How were people in the OT saved?
                              They were saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X