Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Only God decides who goes to hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth-quest View Post

Exactly! "autos esti Helias": "He himself IS Elijah"! Believe Jesus!

Believe Jesus and don't treat our Savior as a false teacher!
    SO - Seems like pitching your reincarnationism foolishness still isn't going real well, Is it??? I always get a kick thinking about Elija's "Soul" jumping into John the Baptist, and then when John gets "offed", it jumps back into Elijah (who must have been in cold storage somewhere) for the transfiguration.

BUT HEY!!! Foolishness is good for Forum traffic!!! Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
      That's a shame (2 Pe 2:1). You'll enter the tribulation (Jn 8:24). You will receive a strong delusion soon (2 Thess 2:11).
      I guess you didn't read my posts then. Since you assumed stuff. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

Will those in the tribulation have a chance to get saved (besides the remnant Jews)?
        Of course. (Not responding to remnant Jew comment. )

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
          If they are martyred (Re 14:9-10). Presently, we're in an age of grace. If they don't come now, do you think they will later? 2 Thess 2:11
          Right. Paul connects the end of the Church Age with the Tribulation.

Those who will be ready to accept the coming of the Anti-christ will be those who had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, but they loved their unrighteousness and they spurned God's offer of salvation.

God is going to send these people a strong delusion who have heard the Gospel and rejected it. And these will be the very first people who will proclaim the Anti-christ as the god of this world.

Comment

“There’s always hope. There’s just no chance.” ~ Dennis Prager

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J. Vernon McGee
            Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

SO - Seems like pitching your reincarnationism foolishness still isn't going real well, Is it??? I always get a kick thinking about Elija's "Soul" jumping into John the Baptist, and then when John gets "offed", it jumps back into Elijah (who must have been in cold storage somewhere) for the transfiguration.

BUT HEY!!! Foolishness is good for Forum traffic!!! Keep up the good work!!
              I'd like to see him explain that one. Wish I had thought of it. lol

Comment

I'd like to see him explain that one. Wish I had thought of it. lol
                If I remember properly, he DOES have an explanation (which will probably be forthcoming) which is convincing to him. I used the "It is appointed ONCE to die" on him years ago, and HE agreed, because when your "soul" jumps into a brandy new body, it "ain't You" any more. Religion - you GOTTA love it!!!

Comment

It does NOT say that Elijah never died.

Hi NB, Hope you are well.
                  same to you TQ....I see that you agree that the scriptures does not say that Elijah died....
                  Again someone who, denies what Jesus said. Jesus said that ONLY He, Jesus went up to Heaven
                  I am not denying what Jesus said....I am telling you that Elijah was taken up by God...into heaven....it does not say Elijah went up on his own....

. The same people who disregard Jesus saying this, usually quote Hebrews saying that men die once only... and they then say Elijah did not die.
                  That's what is written in the scriptures bro....

They are all mixed up and don't believe what Jesus said. If Jesus said something, then it is true. ONLY HE went up/ascended to heaven and nobody else.
                  that's true only Jesus ascended but God took Elijah and Enoch.....no one is claiming that they ascended like Jesus did...
                  If you look carefully at the text in Kings, you will see that Elijah went up into the SKY and was not seen again. It does NOT say that Elijah never died.
                  Nope it says heaven in the KJV.....

Nobody knows any more about him from this moment, but he certainly died at some point like every other human being.
                  if no one knows anything about him from that time how do you pretend to know that he died...you are not making any sense

We can only guess what happened. My guess is that He had to get out of the limelight and make way for Elisha to take over, so he was taken up into the sky and deposited elsewhere to live out his retirement out of the limelight... but I am only guessing. All we know is that he was taken up into the sky and not seen again.
                  The scriptures say heaven...so you agree that the scriptures say that Elijah was taken up into heaven...it says nothing about Elijah ascending....

Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah. The only way this can be true is for the soul that was in Elijah was now in John (remember that they are two DIFFERENT bodies with the same soul)
                  Who says that is the only way????

Comment

Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah. The only way this can be true is for the soul that was in Elijah was now in John (remember that they are two DIFFERENT bodies with the same soul)
                    One soul cannot inhabit 2 different bodies. This is just more fabrication from you. It's simply NOT scriptural. John even said he was NOT Elijah.

When a life ends, the soul returns to God either in heaven or hell.

Comment

You will believe anybody except Jesus, won't you!

One soul cannot inhabit 2 different bodies. This is just more fabrication from you. It's simply NOT scriptural. John even said he was NOT Elijah.
                      When a life ends, the soul returns to God either in heaven or hell.
                      Jesus said John was Elijah: "Autos esti Helias", three simple UNAMBIGUOUS words. Believe Jesus!
                      Fellow posters, pls don’t complain about my "divisive" views! “…The Apologetics Forum is for the purpose of answering and debating those with different beliefs or disagreeing with Christian beliefs....We do not remove heretics…”(source CARM, above)

Comment

Apparently my post went right over your head.The scripture says John would have filled the ROLE of Elijah. NOT that he was Elijah!
                        False! It is difficult discussing anything with someone who spouts rubbish. The Prophesy said that Elijah would return. Jesus said john was Elijah... nothing about "the role of Elijah" in the prophesy. So yes, your spouting nonsense does "go over my head" because I don't put nonsense in my head.
                        Fellow posters, pls don’t complain about my "divisive" views! “…The Apologetics Forum is for the purpose of answering and debating those with different beliefs or disagreeing with Christian beliefs....We do not remove heretics…”(source CARM, above)

Comment

Splitting hairs where there are no hairs to split.

Originally posted by newbirth View Post
                          same to you TQ....I see that you agree that the scriptures does not say that Elijah died....
                          I am not denying what Jesus said....I am telling you that Elijah was taken up by God...into heaven....it does not say Elijah went up on his own....
                          That's what is written in the scriptures bro....
                          that's true only Jesus ascended but God took Elijah and Enoch.....no one is claiming that they ascended like Jesus did...
                          Nope it says heaven in the KJV.....
                          if no one knows anything about him from that time how do you pretend to know that he died...you are not making any sense
                          The scriptures say heaven...so you agree that the scriptures say that Elijah was taken up into heaven...it says nothing about Elijah ascending....
                          Who says that is the only way????
                          Check out the Hebrew word which means the "SKY". Check out the Hebrew and Greek words that mean "go up" (AKA, ascend).

I don't have time to otherwise discuss a post completely based on false premises.

Comment

Those who will be ready to accept the coming of the Anti-christ will be those who had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, but they loved their unrighteousness and they spurned God's offer of salvation.

God is going to send these people a strong delusion who have heard the Gospel and rejected it. And these will be the very first people who will proclaim the Anti-christ as the god of this world.
                            Yes well accepting the views of men concerning that gospel is not a criteria for salvation is it. Including merely human theological pharaisaical formulations of the meanings of things in scripture. Such as trinity or 'saved' and many other terms.

I know what the conditions are of salvation.

Signing off on mannade creeds isnt listed in scripture as one of those conditions. ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

Yes well accepting the views of men concerning that gospel is not a criteria for salvation is it. Including merely human theological pharaisaical formulations of the meanings of things in scripture. Such as trinity or 'saved' and many other terms.

I know what the conditions are of salvation.

Signing off on mannade creeds isnt listed in scripture as one of those conditions. ❤️
                              The word Trinity and 'saved' may not be the the Bible, but what they mean certainly are. Needing a spiritual rebirth (reconciliation with God) is not the opinion of men, but what God has made known to us in His word. The Godhead is clearly seen working together in Creation. We see this union in other places as well such as Christ's baptism.

Prophecies of end times events are clearly seen as well. They may sound like gobbly gook to the secular world who do not know God and the things of God. Since many prophecies in the Bible have already been fulfilled, don't you think we can believe that those for latter times also will be? Does this not show we can trust the Scriptures?

Can you explain thousands of years and many writers all telling one very long flowing, cohesive story? Can you explain how the Jews have been able to survive all the persecutions and atrocities against them. The world has wanted to annihilate them almost from the beginning and can't wipe them out. They now have their own nation and many are back in the land today. Just as the Bible predicted. Have you not read/heard about the mass migration in the past few decades of Jews from all over the world making the trek to Israel? We have the privilege of witnessing prophecy.

The Bible itself has gone through time periods where people tried to get rid of it through burnings and banishment and fake bibles. Can't be done .

I will agree that creeds are not essential, but as long as they totally agree with the Scriptures, they are fine.

What do you believe is the criteria for salvation?

Comment

You will believe anybody except Jesus, won't you!

Jesus said John was Elijah: "Autos esti Helias", three simple UNAMBIGUOUS words. Believe Jesus!
                                Can you explain for us the point Bob made about Elijah and John in his post # 76?

Comment

Working...
                                X