Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Only God decides who goes to hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e v e
    started a topic Only God decides who goes to hell

Only God decides who goes to hell

someone told me that I'm going to hell.

That person and we are not allowed to play at being a god and pass that judgment on other souls. Not our call.

Thats all. ❤️
    Last edited by e v e; 07-19-17, 04:32 AM.

• Truth-quest
    replied
    NB, (You seem to have somehow messed up the thread... can't quote you any more -- let's hope is is not a permanent issue like last time)

OK, so you believe in such things as "the Night of the Living Dead" and cannot produce any evidence (OF COURSE!)

All I can say is "enjoy". I guess you are a fan of all such movies and believe that they are all true.

Leave a comment:

• GaryMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

The dead can not hear! I hope you are not dead!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
    The dead cant hear, they cant hear to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, they cant hear to have His same mind, nor can they hear to walk as He walks in His same light, nor can they hear to be on in the Father as Jesus was one in Him, He in you and you in Him as one, same signs follow just as they did with Jesus. They cant hear they are supposed to be that person of Christ that Jesus came to teach us to be like him.

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied
    Originally posted by Truth-quest View Post
    The power of God is able to provide evidence.
    Matthew's words is the evidence...just as you accept John's words as evidence of Lazarus being raised from the dead

there is no evidence here. so forget your "power of God" excuse.
    bro the evidence is Jesus called Lazarus from the grave....Jesus said that the dead in the grave will hear his voice.....
    • This was fiction.
    • you are calling Luke a liar

• There was no movie, but it would be typical of a zombie movie
    That's babbling and proves nothing
  • Matthew wanted to add extra drama to his tale
You are calling Matthew a liar again...where is proof/evidence that Matthew is lying???
  • Yes, it makes sense, particularly for Matthew
  • No it makes no sense for Matthew because he will lose his salvation if he lied to the saints
  • Compare this to Matthew's nativity narrative and you will see why.
  • what does that have to do with this????
    NOW... you provide evidence why this should be true.....
    to what end....I believe it....you are the one who is saying that it not true....so you have to present the evidence to support that...
    and... provide evidence that Matthew wrote the gospel that bears his name.
    Again you are the one doubting...so you must provide evidence to support your doubt...not me...

Leave a comment:

• Truth-quest
    replied
    Originally posted by newbirth View Post
    It's the power of God bro....no one can explain the power of God....how do you explain Matthew lying??? Your explanation is that Matthew is lying....what do you suppose is the movie behind an apostle of Jesus lying??? Does that make any sense????
    The power of God is able to provide evidence. there is no evidence here. so forget your "power of God" excuse.
    • This was fiction.
    • There was no movie, but it would be typical of a zombie movie
    • Matthew wanted to add extra drama to his tale
    • Yes, it makes sense, particularly for Matthew
    • Compare this to Matthew's nativity narrative and you will see why.
    NOW... you provide evidence why this should be true..... and... provide evidence that Matthew wrote the gospel that bears his name.

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied

Matthew made up the Night of the Living Dead. His motives are obvious
    that's your opinion it's not evidence....
    . Jesus was not present.at this supposed event.
    ...Bro no one said Jesus was present...

The author(s) of the 4th Gospel did not make up Jesus' words that he/she/they recorded. They would have no motive to do so. Jesus was present at this event. You, on the other hand, have invented Lazarus, BEFORE HE WAS REVIVED, HEARING Jesus calling him out.
    so how do you suppose Lazarus came out from the grave??? Did Jesus call him yes or no..??????...did Jesus say that the dead in the grave will hear his voice yes or no????was Lazarus deaf????
    Trust sayings. Do not trust fiction.
    how is it that you don't trust Jesus saying that the dead in the grave will hear his voice????but you trust reincarnation
    I hope you know the difference between a person writing down real things real people said and a person writing stories about very unreal events that had no reason to happen and would have caused quite a stir if they had occurred.
    Bro did Jesus say that the dead in the grave will hear his voice...yes or no.....did Jesus call Lazarus...yes or no....is it your contention that Lazarus did not hear Jesus voice???? Peter wrote Jesus preached to the dead saints....is Peter lying too,????

Also, you have no explanation whatsoever for these events and their outcome, which proves that you yourself do not believe they happened.
    It's the power of God bro....no one can explain the power of God....how do you explain Matthew lying??? Your explanation is that Matthew is lying....what do you suppose is the movie behind an apostle of Jesus lying??? Does that make any sense????

Leave a comment:

• Truth-quest
    replied
    how so???I am asking you where is your evidence for Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead....you have no evidence of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead yet you believe it....you are being bias...only John wrote about Jesus raising Lazarus....that was a great spectacle where is it in the history books???? So based on your judgement of Matthew making up the dead coming out of the grave or being his imagination because it's not in any other gospel account or the history books...you must also conclude that John is imagining his account......because it is not in any other gospel account or the history books...
    then you conclude that Matthew is a liar...except that you are using fancy wording....so you can say that I am misquoting you...anyway simply because something is not recorded in history is not evidence that it didn't happen...
    no you don't have Jesus words validating anything....you have someone writing Jesus said that....and you believe it...how is it that you lack understand in this???Jesus did not write anything.....it's all hearsay....so your belief is only pretence...since you choose what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe
    neither does Matthew have any ulterior motive except that the decided to make a short cut to hell which is the punishment for lying....Rev 21:8....so unless your argument is that someone put that in the scriptures afterwards....your claim is baseless...do you have proof that someone tampered with the scriptures???? By sound reasoning and scripture comparison.....I don't think so.....Your reasoning that Matthew made it up is against his own scriptural principles and teaching....that makes no sense
    Matthew made up the Night of the Living Dead. His motives are obvious. Jesus was not present.at this supposed event.

The author(s) of the 4th Gospel did not make up Jesus' words that he/she/they recorded. They would have no motive to do so. Jesus was present at this event. You, on the other hand, have invented Lazarus, BEFORE HE WAS REVIVED, HEARING Jesus calling him out.

Trust sayings. Do not trust fiction.

I hope you know the difference between a person writing down real things real people said and a person writing stories about very unreal events that had no reason to happen and would have caused quite a stir if they had occurred.

Also, you have no explanation whatsoever for these events and their outcome, which proves that you yourself do not believe they happened.
    Last edited by Truth-quest; 09-29-17, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied
    YOU are not making any sense!
    how so???I am asking you where is your evidence for Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead....you have no evidence of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead yet you believe it....you are being bias...only John wrote about Jesus raising Lazarus....that was a great spectacle where is it in the history books???? So based on your judgement of Matthew making up the dead coming out of the grave or being his imagination because it's not in any other gospel account or the history books...you must also conclude that John is imagining his account......because it is not in any other gospel account or the history books...
    I'll spell it out. A fantastic event, totally unique in the history of the world of all time with all those open tombs and walking dead in a major city seen by many eyewitnesses, would be recorded and even it it was a myth, it would be well-known. The fiction here is obvious. There is not even any sense in it except to make a great Hollywood movie. The only motive Matthew could have had would be to artificially "enhance" his account with fictional drama.
    then you conclude that Matthew is a liar...except that you are using fancy wording....so you can say that I am misquoting you...anyway simply because something is not recorded in history is not evidence that it didn't happen...
    On the other hand, we know Jesus' love for the 2 sisters and their brother. Jesus told us why He raised Lazarus for the glory of God and we have Jesus words validating the event
    no you don't have Jesus words validating anything....you have someone writing Jesus said that....and you believe it...how is it that you lack understand in this???Jesus did not write anything.....it's all hearsay....so your belief is only pretence...since you choose what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe
    . The author of the 4th gospel may even have been Lazarus himself (but that is beside the point here), but in any case this author (or indeed authorS) had no ulterior motive to distort Jesus' words. He/she/they simply recorded them and may have embellished the narrative surrounding the sayings, but I am talking about the sayings themselves.
    neither does Matthew have any ulterior motive except that the decided to make a short cut to hell which is the punishment for lying....Rev 21:8....so unless your argument is that someone put that in the scriptures afterwards....your claim is baseless...do you have proof that someone tampered with the scriptures???? By sound reasoning and scripture comparison.....I don't think so.....Your reasoning that Matthew made it up is against his own scriptural principles and teaching....that makes no sense

Leave a comment:

• Truth-quest
    replied
    bro you are not making any sense...you believe Jesus called dead Lazarus to life from the grave....where is the evidence????....you are simply picking things that you want to believe and things that you don't want to believe.......show me the evidence that you have to believe that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead...
    YOU are not making any sense!

I'll spell it out. A fantastic event, totally unique in the history of the world of all time with all those open tombs and walking dead in a major city seen by many eyewitnesses, would be recorded and even it it was a myth, it would be well-known. The fiction here is obvious. There is not even any sense in it except to make a great Hollywood movie. The only motive Matthew could have had would be to artificially "enhance" his account with fictional drama.

On the other hand, we know Jesus' love for the 2 sisters and their brother. Jesus told us why He raised Lazarus for the glory of God and we have Jesus words validating the event. The author of the 4th gospel may even have been Lazarus himself (but that is beside the point here), but in any case this author (or indeed authorS) had no ulterior motive to distort Jesus' words. He/she/they simply recorded them and may have embellished the narrative surrounding the sayings, but I am talking about the sayings themselves.

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied

It didn't happen: there is no evidence whatsoever that it did.. so your not being able to produce any only supports the fact that it did not happen.
    bro you are not making any sense...you believe Jesus called dead Lazarus to life from the grave....where is the evidence????....you are simply picking things that you want to believe and things that you don't want to believe.......show me the evidence that you have to believe that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead...

Leave a comment:

• Truth-quest
    replied
    bro we are discussing the scriptures....Matthew says that the graves were opened and the dead saints came out....based on John who wrote that Jesus called Lazarus from the dead four days after he was buried ..... they both support that Jesus can bring people back to life.....John 5:21 Jesus said he will give life to who ever he please.....now back to the calling of Lazarus....Jesus said the dead in the grave will hear his voice....is it your contention that Lazarus did not hear Jesus voice but came out from the grave when Jesus called anyway???if you can't figure out that Lazarus heard Jesus voice when Jesus said that the dead in the grave will hear his voice.....how can you figure out that there is reincarnation which is not in the scriptures???Huston we have a problem....

Well don't say anything...if you don't believe that dead people came to life when Jesus died don't believe it....but don't go around trying to convince people that it didn't happen....
    the scripture is the evidence....if you don't believe what is written then you don't believe...

Bro you are calling Matthew a liar so considering my posts null and void is nothing....
    It didn't happen: there is no evidence whatsoever that it did.. so your not being able to produce any only supports the fact that it did not happen.

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied

As you are obviously being argumentative for nothing, pretending that I was referring to Matthew when I was talking about the verse in John and you claim that Lazarus heard Jesus when he was dead (when nothing in the Bible says so)
    bro we are discussing the scriptures....Matthew says that the graves were opened and the dead saints came out....based on John who wrote that Jesus called Lazarus from the dead four days after he was buried ..... they both support that Jesus can bring people back to life.....John 5:21 Jesus said he will give life to who ever he please.....now back to the calling of Lazarus....Jesus said the dead in the grave will hear his voice....is it your contention that Lazarus did not hear Jesus voice but came out from the grave when Jesus called anyway???if you can't figure out that Lazarus heard Jesus voice when Jesus said that the dead in the grave will hear his voice.....how can you figure out that there is reincarnation which is not in the scriptures???Huston we have a problem....

and you refuse to give any evidence that the "Night of the Living Dead" ever happened... I have nothing further to say to you.
    Well don't say anything...if you don't believe that dead people came to life when Jesus died don't believe it....but don't go around trying to convince people that it didn't happen....
    If you come back with any evidence, I shall listen.
    the scripture is the evidence....if you don't believe what is written then you don't believe...
    If not, then I consider all your posts on this to be null and void of any substance and duly ignored as such.
    Bro you are calling Matthew a liar so considering my posts null and void is nothing....

Leave a comment:

• newbirth
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

You sure know a lot about babble, you are the tower of.
    lol babble is what is not written in the scriptures...I direct you to the scriptures....you should read them
    And these same do follow us who believe. we lay hands on and they recover, we speak in tongues, raise the dead. How many have I raised from the dead? A few and I was raised form the dead myself and am trying to raise you from it but you wont believe. You cant hear His voice.
    Ha twisting the scriptures to suit your doctrine....the apostles laid hands on the sick and they recovered ....they raised the dead from death....and spoke in different languages.....not babble incomprehensible nonsense......by this we know that they were followers of Jesus.....so we believe what they wrote....you do none of those things.....Paul spoke of you in 2 Tim 3:5....

Leave a comment:

• Ansel07
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

I didn't say Jesus wasn't the Christ, Jesus was Christ because he was anointed of God, without that anointing Jesus couldn't be Christ at all for Christ simply means to be anointed of God. As I said you never have met the Christ have you for had you, you would know the Christ yourself which is YOU anointed of God just as Jesus was anointed of God. We are Christ's and Christ is Gods. You don't know that that means. Christ was the disposition of Jesus and Christ is the disposition of all who are anointed of God, we have His same Spirit, same disposition, same mind, same light, same walk.

You are only excluding yourself from the Christ. If Jesus was the only one ever anointed of God then your wasting our time with it aren't you.

What is the use in following Jesus if you cant have what he said you can have form the Father as he had from the Father?

BTW -- It isn't a matter of belief, it is a matter of who we become. Beliefs is mans interpretation and antichrist, reality is to be like Him.

How did Paul say we are born again? He said: "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and BELIEVE in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

I believe Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Truth-quest
    replied
    and how does that make Matthew a liar???
    I don't have to...it's in the scriptures you deny it so it's up to you to prove that Matthew is imagining what he wrote...

Well Matthew records that saints came to life at that time...Jesus said that the dead will hear his voice and live...who am I to call Matthew a liar????let God be his judge..I was not there....

So do you believe that the dead did not come to life because they can't hear Jesus or because Matthew is a liar???
    that's called asking a question bro...I am wondering if you believe it why do you doubt Matthew...
    verse21 says a different story...

there are many things that occurred that's recorded in only one gospel and nowhere else...there are many things that are not written...is it your understanding that if something is not recorded in history it did not happen???
    so after four days you say that Lazarus was revived....????from what????
    so you say that Jesus said Lazarus come forth....if you are assuming that Lazarus did not hear Jesus why did he come forth???

Seems like you don't believe that Jesus can make the dead live....but you believe in reincarnation that's not in the scriptures.....
    As you are obviously being argumentative for nothing, pretending that I was referring to Matthew when I was talking about the verse in John and you claim that Lazarus heard Jesus when he was dead (when nothing in the Bible says so) and you refuse to give any evidence that the "Night of the Living Dead" ever happened... I have nothing further to say to you.

If you come back with any evidence, I shall listen. If not, then I consider all your posts on this to be null and void of any substance and duly ignored as such.

Leave a comment:

• Working...
    X