Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why are Paul's New Testement Bible Books Attacked??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by newbirth View Post
    How so???.... Ephesians 3:3-5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV

    3 how that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit
    Colossians 4:16
    And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea

    1 Thessalonians 5:27
    I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
    Of that day, not into eternity. I don't even live in that country. Have you noticed that specific churches had specific advice for different problems they were having? Is permission granted to have such specific advice even reprinted from the original letter?
    - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

    Comment


    • Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

      I have not seen any Anti-Bible poster on this forum.
      Because you don't read what you write

      I have seen and am myself a person that says Paul's teachings do not stand being tried by Scripture.
      and that is your perogative...it doesn't mean that it is the truth....

      You must ignore the other teachings such as by the Christ in order for Paul's to be true.
      and you have a problem there because Jesus didn't write anything...
      The difference between you and me is if there is a conflict in teaching between the Christ and Paul, I always side with the Christ, while you side with Paul or say what Paul wrote was not what he meant.
      there is no conflict between Paul and Christ...
      One example is the 2 greatest Commandments, Christ says there are 2 Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.
      Paul says there is only one, love your neighbor as yourself.
      the conflict is between Matthew and Paul...
      I follow the Christ, you make excuses for Paul.
      No you follow Matthew... it's quite simple...Jesus didn't write that ...Matthew did...and no one is sure if it's the real apostle who wrote it anyway...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by newbirth View Post
        Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee
        That is not Paul speaking....
        Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
        So your asking me to treat you like a woman I can rule over?
        If that's the way you want others to treat you, I'll consider your request.
        Are you wearing pants or a skirt today?
        - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

        Comment


        • All scripture is God inspired(God breathed)==
          1 Corinthians 6:9-20

          Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

          10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

          11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by newbirth View Post
            Because you don't read what you write

            and that is your perogative...it doesn't mean that it is the truth....

            and you have a problem there because Jesus didn't write anything...
            there is no conflict between Paul and Christ...
            the conflict is between Matthew and Paul...

            No you follow Matthew... it's quite simple...Jesus didn't write that ...Matthew did...and no one is sure if it's the real apostle who wrote it anyway...
            So you are saying that because the Christ did not write anything, that He did not teach anything.

            I stand corrected, I have now seen an anti-Bible poster.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post

              Of that day, not into eternity. I don't even live in that country.
              the church is one body bro...are you saying that when the people in that area died the instructions died with them???

              Have you noticed that specific churches had specific advice for different problems they were having?
              and so what are you saying that specific problems are limited only to the churhesc they were written to... and those problems don't occur elsewhere???

              Is permission granted to have such specific advice even reprinted from the original letter?
              I don't get your point...he said
              1 Thessalonians 5:27
              I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
              ....are you a holy brethren??? Clearly Paul intention was that everyone of the believers read his epistle and take them as instructions from God... Because Peter taught that in his epistle...1 Peter 4:11
              If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen

              Comment


              • Originally posted by newbirth View Post
                the church is one body bro...are you saying that when the people in that area died the instructions died with them?
                The letters were written to specific churches dealing with specific problems. That's why there is more than one letter.
                And somebody pointed out that cults female cults were in the immediate area and time, resulting in the ban on women speaking in church.
                If women still do not speak in your church, then I see your background better. If you still put adulterers to death in your church, I forgive you.

                - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

                Comment


                • Originally posted by newbirth View Post
                  and so what are you saying that specific problems are limited only to the churches they were written to... and those problems don't occur elsewhere?
                  As I read them, I see that the different churches had different problems and receive customized solutions.
                  Are there female cult members in your church? They should remain silent during services. - (No charge for that advice.)

                  - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                    All scripture is God inspired(God breathed)=
                    Paul invented that phrase. It has no other backing. He is alone out of 40 authors.
                    - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post

                      Paul invented that phrase. It has no other backing. He is alone out of 40 authors.
                      Paul invented a whole gospel,

                      Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

                      Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

                      It was not kept secret. Isaiah and many other proclaimed the mystery.

                      Comment


                      • Learn!!! When you deny the Truth of God's eternal living Word all you have left are satan's lies and deceptions!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                          Learn!!! When you deny the Truth of God's eternal living Word all you have left are satan's lies and deceptions!!
                          SO why do you deny the teachings of the Christ in favor of the teaching of Paul?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

                            I have not seen any Anti-Bible poster on this forum.

                            I have seen and am myself a person that says Paul's teachings do not stand being tried by Scripture.
                            You must ignore the other teachings such as by the Christ in order for Paul's to be true.
                            Christ taught as the perfect Jewish Rabbi. For he was teaching Jews living under the Law, as one who would teach while under the Law.

                            In contrast.. Paul was called of God to reveal the new spiritual empowered life. Grace and truth. Not Law and obedience by one's flesh.

                            You're still wanting to live as an OT Jew. Jesus was teaching Jews on how to live a perfect life as a Jew under Law.

                            You have no idea what's going on. That is why you can not see what Paul was teaching about.

                            Paul is going to be one of the highest rewarded NT believers in God's Kingdom.

                            God is now weeding out the thoughts and intents of all our hearts. So, when the evaluation of the saints takes place?
                            No one is going to claim that they did not stand a a chance when they are told that they had all their dead works burned up,
                            and as a result, will receive no eternal rewards granting one to share in a closer relationship with the Lord of Life.


                            11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
                            12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
                            13their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be
                            revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.
                            14 If what has
                            been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
                            15If it is burned up, the builder will
                            suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames."


                            2 Corinthians 3:11-15

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GeneZ View Post

                              Christ taught as the perfect Jewish Rabbi. For he was teaching Jews living under the Law, as one who would teach while under the Law.

                              In contrast.. Paul was called of God to reveal the new spiritual empowered life. Grace and truth. Not Law and obedience by one's flesh.

                              You're still wanting to live as an OT Jew. Jesus was teaching Jews on how to live a perfect life as a Jew under Law.

                              You have no idea what's going on. That is why you can not see what Paul was teaching about.

                              Paul is going to be one of the highest rewarded NT believers in God's Kingdom.

                              God is now weeding out the thoughts and intents of all our hearts. So, when the evaluation of the saints takes place?
                              No one is going to claim that they did not stand a a chance when they are told that they had all their dead works burned up,
                              and as a result, will receive no eternal rewards granting one to share in a closer relationship with the Lord of Life.


                              11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
                              12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
                              13their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be
                              revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.
                              14 If what has
                              been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
                              15If it is burned up, the builder will
                              suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames."


                              2 Corinthians 3:11-15
                              SO you deny the Christs words,

                              "it is finished"

                              Claiming instead that Paul had to come along and Finish what the Christ had only started.

                              You say the work of the Christ was only a tool for Paul to use and build upon, that without Paul explaining no one would be saved.
                              This makes Christ only a tool, and Paul the prophet that brought Gods word.

                              Paul even Claims this

                              Col_1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

                              Of that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ,
                              Paul is saying that Christ was not enough, Paul had to be afflicted, because Christ's afflictions were not enough, but I Paul have taken on the task that Yeshua left unfinished.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

                                SO you deny the Christs words,

                                "it is finished"

                                Claiming instead that Paul had to come along and Finish what the Christ had only started.
                                That was about the payment for our sins that was finished.

                                He was the sacrificial lamb taking away the sins of the world!

                                Now.. If your unreasonable reasoning were true?

                                Then Jesus did not need to be resurrected. He did not need to ascend back to heaven.

                                For "it was finished" as you claim it was.
                                Last edited by GeneZ; 02-17-19, 07:15 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X