Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Works without faith is dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

Actually faith without works is dead faith. Faith will produce anything that you are determined to produce and that includes being that person of Christ. He will come to you IF FAITH IS APPLIED. until then he is in a grave and people only wait until thay are dead in a gave never meeting the Christ because they have no faith to produce.
    Faith didn't produce perfection in Abraham. Faith didn't produce perfection in Peter. Faith didn't produce perfection in Paul. All of these.... greater people than ourselves.

Our works are weak through the flesh and incapable of meeting God's requirements. God demands perfection. Nothing less. He found such in Jesus Christ. Not in you.... or any other individual.

Comment

Originally posted by DANNO View Post

I'm not asking or begging you to believe me!
      I'm simply asking why do you REJECT YESHUA's words in Matt 22: 37 ??

Can you confirm YESHUA WORDS in Matt 22: 37 does NOT apply to you ?

Matthew 22:37

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your HEART and with all your soul and with all your MIND.’[a]

https://biblehub.com/matthew/22-37.htm
      I'm not rejecting it. Such is demanded of all human beings. We are incapable of meeting that requirement. You included.

You're pretending you can. You can't.

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post
        Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
        Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Notice the lack of any claims of "faith" above.
        Going back to the OP, Jesus rebuked those in verse 22 because they tried to claim their works as justification for salvation.

Born-again Christians will do good works BECAUSE of their faith.

Eph 2:8-10
        8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Eph 4:11-13
        11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

James 1:22-25
        22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it — he will be blessed in what he does.
        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

I'm not rejecting it. Such is demanded of all human beings. We are incapable of meeting that requirement. You included.

You're pretending you can. You can't.
          Are you saying NO human is able to do what YESHUA asked in Matt 22: 37 ?

Can you confirm Matt 22: 37 does NOT APPLY TO YOU?
          Fear God and keep his commandments,
          for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

Comment

Are you saying NO human is able to do what YESHUA asked in Matt 22: 37 ?

Can you confirm Matt 22: 37 does NOT APPLY TO YOU?
            I said Matthew 22:37 applies to everyone. That includes me.

No human being can do what Jesus demanded in Matthew 22:37.

He did it.... HIMSELF.... ALONE.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Going back to the OP, Jesus rebuked those in verse 22 because they tried to claim their works as justification for salvation.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it — he will be blessed in what he does.
              "James" never said a word about Gentiles. Not one word. He appealed to Jews to treat each other equally and yet failed to treat his own brothers in Adam equally.

"James" was a Jew who desperately believed he could prove himself worthy and justified toward God by his works and yet hated the very people Jesus died to save.

Comment

Alvin .

Did YESHUA REJECT all those people because of their works or because of their INIQUITIES and refusal to accept ALL of God's Commandments ? Plz read Matt 7: 23 , Matt 16: 27 , John 5: 28-29 , Rev 20: 12 , Rev 14: 12 one more time before you answer my question.
                Last edited by DANNO; 02-13-19, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Alvin .

Did YESHUA REJECT all those people because of their works or because of their INIQUITIES and refusal to accept ALL of God's Commandments ? Plz read Matt 7: 23 and Rev 14: 12 one more time before you answer my question.
                  You hate Paul and you're so much like him....

Comment

I do not reject the teaching of Jesus Christ. I'm not hung up on Paul's words to the point I reject the words of Christ. I've been dealing with the words of Jesus Christ in this thread. Your charges against me are false.

You can not love God or your neighbor to the point of meeting the requirements Jesus Christ set forth. The only one that could was standing right there in front of those Pharisees that tempted him that day...

Mat 22:34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
                    Mat 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
                    Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

That day the Pharisees were looking to prove they were smarter than the Sadducees. Better than the Sadducees and Jesus gave them exactly what they thought they wanted to hear. They THOUGHT they keep the law. They THOUGHT and DESIRED to PROVE THEMSELVES WORTHY of Eternal Life......

all they did was condemn themselves.

Which is exactly what you're doing. You can boast all you want of your accomplishments. We all know you're not living up to what Jesus told those Pharisees that day.

You're guilty. You should become silent before God and stop talking of your accomplishments and look to the one who REALLY did it all.
                    You once again said It was not a teaching of Yeshua, but just an example of sin, So you reject it as a teaching.
                    You also just said that you can not love God or your neighbor as sin is too strong in you.
                    You also just accused others as being in the same condition as you are in.

You have confirmed that what I observed about you is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

You once again said It was not a teaching of Yeshua, but just an example of sin, So you reject it as a teaching.
                      That is not what I said. I said it was a requirement that you can't meet. Which is a teaching.

You also just said that you can not love God or your neighbor as sin is too strong in you.
                      No. I did NOT say that. I said that I am incapable or powerless to meet the requirement. I did not say it was because of sin in me.

You also just accused others as being in the same condition as you are in.
                      That is correct. Human beings are human beings. Why do you believe you're better?

You have confirmed that what I observed about you is the truth.
                      No. You have not. I corrected you above. You certainly have an high opinion of yourself.

Comment

"James" never said a word about Gentiles. Not one word. He appealed to Jews to treat each other equally and yet failed to treat his own brothers in Adam equally.
                        Yes, James was writing to Jewish Christians; however, Christians are Christians no matter their natural linage. Jews and Gentiles are brethren in Christ, there is no difference.
                        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

You hate Paul and you're so much like him....
                          In what way am I like Paul?

Comment

I said Matthew 22:37 applies to everyone. That includes me.

No human being can do what Jesus demanded in Matthew 22:37.

He did it.... HIMSELF.... ALONE.
                            SO Yeshua Lied when He said,

Joh_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater <i>worksi> than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Comment

Yes, James was writing to Jewish Christians; however, Christians are Christians no matter their natural linage. Jews and Gentiles are brethren in Christ, there is no difference.
                              Well said!

Comment

No man in the right condition with Christ would ignore his fellow brethren in Christ. It is rather obvious that he didn't consider Gentiles brethren.

Comment

Working...
                                X