Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Yahweh as Baal Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamash View Post

Well clearly this isn't the case in Judges 1:2-4 a slaughter happens, a slaughter in the name of Yahweh, that is a sacrifice with bloodshed. Yet you say that Yahweh doesn't like sacrifice, and the verse you post specifically states that Yahweh doesn't like sacrifice to other Gods.
    No you misconstrue. He demands that sacrifice of self, that god of self. There is no way you can receive Him at all least that old man dies and the new man of God, which is Love, emerges from that sacrificial death.

You are missing the whole point in self sacrifice. It has noting at all to do with our mortal man shedding blood but everything to do with the disposition, spirit, of that mortal man. Man is the kingdom of God. Luke 17:20-21. And that isn't going to happen least you die. The lie in the garden wasnt that you will die, the lie was that you wont die. Jesus experienced this death in Matt 3:16 and that new man of knowledge arose.

The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

No you misconstrue. He demands that sacrifice of self, that god of self. There is no way you can receive Him at all least that old man dies and the new man of God, which is Love, emerges from that sacrificial death.

You are missing the whole point in self sacrifice. It has noting at all to do with our mortal man shedding blood but everything to do with the disposition, spirit, of that mortal man. Man is the kingdom of God. Luke 17:20-21. And that isn't going to happen least you die. The lie in the garden wasnt that you will die, the lie was that you wont die. Jesus experienced this death in Matt 3:16 and that new man of knowledge arose.
      I don't know why people think that the ancient Israelites didn't engage in human sacrifice.

But hey your interpretation is your interpretation.

Comment

I don't know why people think that the ancient Israelites didn't engage in human sacrifice.

But hey your interpretation is your interpretation.
        Maybe I didnt make myself clear. They did engage in human sacrifice that is very obvious. And some today believe there is no sacrifice to be made. That was my point in self sacrifice today. It no longer requires blood sacrifice but spiritual sacrifice.
        The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Maybe I didnt make myself clear. They did engage in human sacrifice that is very obvious. And some today believe there is no sacrifice to be made. That was my point in self sacrifice today. It no longer requires blood sacrifice but spiritual sacrifice.
          Usually the Old Testament discusses human sacrifice. Modernly it's illegal to arbitrarily kill someone, so if by "sacrifice" you mean by whatever today's standards are, that is a different issue.

Comment

Usually the Old Testament discusses human sacrifice. Modernly it's illegal to arbitrarily kill someone, so if by "sacrifice" you mean by whatever today's standards are, that is a different issue.
            Sacrifice according to man is not the same as sacrifice according to Spirit. It always has been that way from the beginning.

Comment

Sacrifice according to man is not the same as sacrifice according to Spirit. It always has been that way from the beginning.
              ok? I'm not sure what you mean, but ok.

Comment

ok? I'm not sure what you mean, but ok.
                I made a sacrifice of self meaning -- I gave up, (sacrificed), emptied self of everything I believed, everything I was, everything I thought about God and Jesus, everything I was taught by man as the way, and put on the Christ for myself. And that was a very difficult thing for me personally to do is give up all of that I owned spiritually and walk as He walks in His same light. And in reading most of these posts in CARM most of the posters has not made that sacrifice to follow the way of God to be like Him instead of the things self harbors as their truths.

And I understand that may be difficult to understand least one has made that same sacrifice to become like God instead of self to know this difference described in Gen 3:22. Even Adam made this grade and became like Him to know. Jesus did the very same in Matt 3:16. He gave up that right to himself and the moment he did God came and filled him with a knowledge he had not had prior and all of heaven was opened to him. He became a new man, his whole ministry changed from teaching law in the temples even from a young age to teaching Spirit, and the very ones he once taught in the temples, after this event in Matt 3:16 and his whole disposition changed from law to Spirit, are the very ones who had him crucified. You can read it. Jesus sacrifice was not on the cross that sacrifice was for martyr. His real sacrifice came in his disposition and became the same disposition as that of God just as we all do who does the same as he did and receive from God His understanding and not that of man or self but of God. I think I may know why that is difficult for you to understand, a lot of people have a real problem understanding that change. Jesus refered to this change as born again, a renewing of the mind that not many are willing to give over, (sacrifice).

Comment

I made a sacrifice of self meaning -- I gave up, (sacrificed), emptied self of everything I believed, everything I was, everything I thought about God and Jesus, everything I was taught by man as the way, and put on the Christ for myself. And that was a very difficult thing for me personally to do is give up all of that I owned spiritually and walk as He walks in His same light. And in reading most of these posts in CARM most of the posters has not made that sacrifice to follow the way of God to be like Him instead of the things self harbors as their truths.

And I understand that may be difficult to understand least one has made that same sacrifice to become like God instead of self to know this difference described in Gen 3:22. Even Adam made this grade and became like Him to know. Jesus did the very same in Matt 3:16. He gave up that right to himself and the moment he did God came and filled him with a knowledge he had not had prior and all of heaven was opened to him. He became a new man, his whole ministry changed from teaching law in the temples even from a young age to teaching Spirit, and the very ones he once taught in the temples, after this event in Matt 3:16 and his whole disposition changed from law to Spirit, are the very ones who had him crucified. You can read it. Jesus sacrifice was not on the cross that sacrifice was for martyr. His real sacrifice came in his disposition and became the same disposition as that of God just as we all do who does the same as he did and receive from God His understanding and not that of man or self but of God. I think I may know why that is difficult for you to understand, a lot of people have a real problem understanding that change. Jesus refered to this change as born again, a renewing of the mind that not many are willing to give over, (sacrifice).
                  Hey if that is the way you see it, I have no issues with that. It's not historically accurate in the sense of sacrifice, but who am I to correct you?

Comment

Hey if that is the way you see it, I have no issues with that. It's not historically accurate in the sense of sacrifice, but who am I to correct you?
                    It isn't a matter of how I see it, it is a matter of who I became. Love erases all these religious belief systems written down as historical facts. One cant prove or disprove any of it, all one can do is study what another person said about it. .

Comment

It isn't a matter of how I see it, it is a matter of who I became. Love erases all these religious belief systems written down as historical facts. One cant prove or disprove any of it, all one can do is study what another person said about it. .
                      I'm just agreeing that your personal experience is your personal experience.

Comment

I'm just agreeing that your personal experience is your personal experience.
                        That is all anyone can do. How can one relate to another if he has not the same experience?

Comment

That is all anyone can do. How can one relate to another if he has not the same experience?
                          your experience is not my experience and that is easy to define, let's say I eat some soup and I do not like it, but you do. Your experience is that you ate soup and liked it and I didn't. It's the same circumstance, just different experience.

Comment

your experience is not my experience and that is easy to define, let's say I eat some soup and I do not like it, but you do. Your experience is that you ate soup and liked it and I didn't. It's the same circumstance, just different experience.
                            I understand that and exactly my point. That is why I can like the same soup Jesus liked. I have the same identity with the Father that Jesus had, He in me and I in Him are one, Jesus said the same of himself. John 17. If one has not tasted that soup how can one know if he likes it or not?

The proof in the pudding is not what it looks like but take and eat then make assessment. It may look beautiful but taste like crap. And in that our churches, denominations, look good but leave a very bitter taste when it comes to having from the Father that what Jesus had from Him to be like Him ourselves as Jesus was like Him and walk as He walks in His same light.

So my experience with the Father is the same as the one Jesus had with Him. Some can relate to that cup of soup and some cant.
                            Last edited by GaryMac; 02-24-19, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I understand that and exactly my point. That is why I can like the same soup Jesus liked. I have the same identity with the Father that Jesus had, He in me and I in Him are one, Jesus said the same of himself. John 17. If one has not tasted that soup how can one know if he likes it or not?

The proof in the pudding is not what it looks like but take and eat then make assessment. It may look beautiful but taste like crap. And in that our churches, denominations, look good but leave a very bitter taste when it comes to having from the Father that what Jesus had from Him to be like Him ourselves as Jesus was like Him and walk as He walks in His same light.

So my experience with the Father is the same as the one Jesus had with Him. Some can relate to that cup of soup and some cant.
                              That's cool that you believe in what you do.

Comment

That's cool that you believe in what you do.
                                Why do you always refer to love as a belief? If love is just a belief and not reality then something is missing in the soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X