Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Compelled to accept Jesus as Lord are biblically illiterate and therefore not saved.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compelled to accept Jesus as Lord are biblically illiterate and therefore not saved.

Therefore go into the highways,
    and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.
    (Mt 22:9).

That was spoken as a parable to the Pharisees
    in Matthew's apostolic word of God.

Luke presented his own interpretationEDIT PER MOD
    about
    "compelling them to come in" (14:23)
    as his mind was darkened to the apostolic truth. .

Compelling isn't inviting.
    Salvation isn't forced on anyone.

EDIT PER MOD

Theophilos - Theo1698

Last edited by 4Him; 02-22-19, 07:23 PM.
    The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
    Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Luke presented his own interpretationEDIT
    about

EDIT

Theophilos - Theo1698

Depending on context the Greek may not mean all that you imagine

Matthew 14:22 (KJV)
    22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.

Mark 6:45 (KJV)
    45 And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people.

Acts 28:19 (KJV)
    19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.

2 Corinthians 12:11 (KJV)
    11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Complete Word Study Dictionary, The
    <G318>, necessity. To force, compel by external violence (Acts 26:11; Gal. 2:3; 6:12). To force, compel in a moral sense as by authoritative command (Matt. 14:22; Mark 6:45); by importunate persuasion (Luke 14:23); by prevalent example (Gal. 2:14); by injustice (Acts 28:19).

Compel them to come in, Prevail on them by the most earnest entreaties. The word is used by Matthew, 14:22, and by Mark, 6:45; in both which places, when Christ is said, , to constrain his disciples to get into the vessel, nothing but his commanding or persuading them to do it can be reasonably understood. The Latins use cogo, and compello, in exactly the same sense, i.e. to prevail on by prayers, counsels, entreaties, etc. See several examples in Bishop Pearce, and in Kypke. No other kind of constraint is ever recommended in the Gospel of Christ; every other kind of compulsion is antichristian, can only be submitted to by cowards and knaves, and can produce nothing but hypocrites, See at the end of the chapter.

Adam Clarke's Commentary.

Compel them. That is, urge them, press them earnestly, one and all. Do not hear their excuses on account of their poverty and low rank of life, but urge them so as to overcome their objections and lead them to the feast. This expresses the earnestness of the man; his anxiety that his table should be filled, and his purpose not to reject any on account of their poverty, or ignorance, or want of apparel. So God is earnest in regard to the most polluted and vile. He commands his servants, his ministers, to urge them to come, to press on them the salvation of the gospel, and to use ALL the means in their power to bring into heaven poor and needy sinners.

Barnes' Notes on the New Testament.
    Last edited by 4Him; 02-22-19, 07:24 PM.
    Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Depending on context the Greek may not mean all that you imagine

Matthew 14:22 (KJV)
      22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.

Mark 6:45 (KJV)
      45 And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people.

Acts 28:19 (KJV)
      19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.

2 Corinthians 12:11 (KJV)
      11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

<G318>, necessity. To force, compel by external violence (Acts 26:11; Gal. 2:3; 6:12). To force, compel in a moral sense as by authoritative command (Matt. 14:22; Mark 6:45); by importunate persuasion (Luke 14:23); by prevalent example (Gal. 2:14); by injustice (Acts 28:19).

Compel them to come in, Prevail on them by the most earnest entreaties. The word is used by Matthew, 14:22, and by Mark, 6:45; in both which places, when Christ is said, , to constrain his disciples to get into the vessel, nothing but his commanding or persuading them to do it can be reasonably understood. The Latins use cogo, and compello, in exactly the same sense, i.e. to prevail on by prayers, counsels, entreaties, etc. See several examples in Bishop Pearce, and in Kypke. No other kind of constraint is ever recommended in the Gospel of Christ; every other kind of compulsion is antichristian, can only be submitted to by cowards and knaves, and can produce nothing but hypocrites, See at the end of the chapter.

Adam Clarke's Commentary.

Compel them. That is, urge them, press them earnestly, one and all. Do not hear their excuses on account of their poverty and low rank of life, but urge them so as to overcome their objections and lead them to the feast. This expresses the earnestness of the man; his anxiety that his table should be filled, and his purpose not to reject any on account of their poverty, or ignorance, or want of apparel. So God is earnest in regard to the most polluted and vile. He commands his servants, his ministers, to urge them to come, to press on them the salvation of the gospel, and to use ALL the means in their power to bring into heaven poor and needy sinners.

Barnes' Notes on the New Testament.
      But none of this shows us the (closest) original text and transliteration...so we can compare... so at most it’s all esau carnal Translations (plus irrelevant commentaries of them). Who cares if esau translated a line to say ‘constrained’. What matters is, did He say that or did his enemy say it or and alter what He said... I’d need to see it in Greek... and retranslate.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

But none of this shows us the (closest) original text and transliteration...so we can compare... so at most it’s all esau carnal Translations (plus irrelevant commentaries of them). Who cares if esau translated a line to say ‘constrained’. What matters is, did He say that or did his enemy say it or and alter what He said... I’d need to see it in Greek... and retranslate.
        Tom replies

You have the Greek Strongs number why do you need a transliteration ?

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

You have the Greek Strongs number why do you need a transliteration ?

Because I'm not a butcher and I want to read scripture in context, whole paragraphs, not just pick out one word from strongs as if that was "all I needed to do". When in fact whole lines and paragraphs are mistranslated, then strongs is not enough. It's unbelievable the mess that the medievals made, on purpose. Bunch of sickening snakes, augustine, aquinas, and a whole bunch more them. Snakes dressed as sheep.

Comment

about

EDIT PER MOD

Theophilos - Theo1698

Compelling in this context is presenting the argument so well that people want to come and see and partake and believe and follow.

Comment

about

EDIT PER MOD

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post

Compelling in this context is presenting the argument so well that people want to come and see and partake and believe and follow.
              Compel means force.

I shouldn't have called Luke's 'forcing' a fable (my apologies to the editor).

Forcing people into heaven is a deception,
              which is what Calvinists teach
              for they claim to be regenerated without their volition.

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God

Comment

No matter what any of you may just as Jesus was one in Him, John 17say of Him ... The only way to know Him is He in you and you in Him as one John 17... Not many know what that is to be in the Father and He in you as one.

Even Jesus learned this lesson in Matt 3:16.
                The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

about

EDIT PER MOD

Theophilos - Theo1698

It's a parable...not a real event...

Comment

Luke presented his own interpretation
                    about

Originally posted by newbirth View Post

It's a parable...not a real event...
                    What would 'compelling' mean in your interpretation?

Comment

What would 'compelling' mean in your interpretation?
                      It doesn't matter since it is a parable... you are fretting on one word to miss the whole message...what is your interpretation of the whole parable ...read it carefully. He invited the first set of people they made excuses. .he invited a second set of people but there was still room...so he sent his servants to compel/ urge the last set of people to come so that the room would be full...

Comment

It doesn't matter since it is a parable... you are fretting on one word to miss the whole message...what is your interpretation of the whole parable ...read it carefully. He invited the first set of people they made excuses. .he invited a second set of people but there was still room...so he sent his servants to compel/ urge the last set of people to come so that the room would be full...
                        Good day sir.

Comment

about

EDIT PER MOD

Theophilos - Theo1698

Salvation is God manifest in you, He only sent Jesus to show you a better way of understanding what His salvation entails.
                          The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Good day sir.
                            A good day to you too sir...It doesn't matter since it is a parable... you are fretting on one word to miss the whole message...what is your interpretation of the whole parable ...read it carefully. He invited the first set of people they made excuses. .he invited a second set of people but there was still room...so he sent his servants to compel/ urge the last set of people to come so that the room would be full...

Do you realize that you didn't answer my post...??? Is it that you are conceding???

Comment

Good day sir.
                              ...It doesn't matter since it is a parable...
                              Therefore you have no argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X