Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God.

Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:

John 19:11 - Jesus answered him, "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."

If not true, why did Jesus say this?
    Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-22-19, 07:52 AM.
    - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post
    Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God.
    Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:
    John 19:11 - Jesus answered him, "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."
    n>Are you joking? Maybe you are not joking? If you are joking, maybe you would consider hiring a good joke-writer to dish you better material and put it in the Joke forum, maybe? If it is not a joke, then maybe you'd care to reconsider that outrageous, unscholarly (I restrained from using the word illiterate) and libelous blast. Gonna run away and hide? Have a great day! lol.
    Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
    “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post
      n>Are you joking? Maybe you are not joking? If you are joking, maybe you would consider hiring a good joke-writer to dish you better material and put it in the Joke forum, maybe? If it is not a joke, then maybe you'd care to reconsider that outrageous, unscholarly (I restrained from using the word illiterate) and libelous blast. Have a great day! lol.
      I've already done my research. I'm looking for support to overturn my conclusion that Jesus is saying
      that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says.
      - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

You are joking right? Do you really think that Rome has presence over the way of God? They had presence over Jesus mortal man but they could not touch who he was in the Father from above.
        The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

You are joking right? Do you really think that Rome has presence over the way of God? They had presence over Jesus mortal man but they could not touch who he was in the Father from above.
          Just as it reads "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."

Why does it not say.....what it says.

Comment

Just as it reads "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above."

Why does it not say.....what it says.
            It does say what it says. Rome had no power to persuade Jesus one inkling from the Father at all. They tried as in if you don't give up this God thing you will die and that didn't work for Jesus at all. It is kinda obvious Rome had no power over Jesus disposition as you think. I don't read where Jesus said OK I give in to your ways so don't crucify me. Perhaps you have read it but I haven't. . My own government can control who I am.

Perhaps you have been brainwashed by your government where they control your very thoughts?
            The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

I've already done my research. I'm looking for support to overturn my conclusion that Jesus is saying
              that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says.
              n>Your problems are ... so many. It seems there is no end of all your many problems. Here's one. You really, really do need to read better. You are NOT reading for what the writer is saying. Instead you are doing what you want to his text. It is his text. Not yours. Your posts are you text. You make your decisions about what you say. If others did to your texts what you are doing to the writer(s?) of "John", you'd probably have some sort of mad fit. Stop your childish games. You make false claims against the writer. You say things about his text like:

1) "Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God." That is absolutely malarkey! Jesus did not "explain" that. You did something to Jesus! He did not "explain" that. If I were to say you "explain" that the moon is made of cheese. what would you do? You'd laugh, right? What if I said you "explain" that you are a snake tat gives birth to spiders and elephants? Or that you "explain" that you want to destroy the Earth? That is the sort of thing you are doing to Jesus and the writer.

2) "Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:" That is false. He did not!

3)

...Jesus is saying that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says.
              False! It does not say that! Stop it! Start reading intelligently and honestly. Can you? (I seriously doubt you have the requisite "equipment".)

“... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

n>Your problems are ... so many. It seems there is no end of all your many problems. Here's one. You really, really do need to read better. You are NOT reading for what the writer is saying. Instead you are doing what you want to his text. It is his text. Not yours. Your posts are you text. You make your decisions about what you say. If others did to your texts what you are doing to the writer(s?) of "John", you'd probably have some sort of mad fit. Stop your childish games. You make false claims against the writer. You say things about his text like:1) "Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God." That is absolutely malarkey! Jesus did not "explain" that. You did something to Jesus! He did not "explain" that. If I were to say you "explain" that the moon is made of cheese. what would you do? You'd laugh, right? What if I said you "explain" that you are a snake tat gives birth to spiders and elephants? Or that you "explain" that you want to destroy the Earth? That is the sort of thing you are doing to Jesus and the writer.2) "Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:" That is false. He did not!)False! It does not say that! Stop it! Start reading intelligently and honestly. Can you? (I seriously doubt you have the requisite "equipment".)
                Ok I'll try again.

This reads just like this:

Matthew 28:18
                And Jesus came and said to them,
                "All authority in heaven and on earth
                has been given to me."

So my question is: Why does Jesus say this next statement?

John 19:11
                Jesus answered him,
                "You would have no authority over me at all
                unless it had been given you from above. "

Here Jesus says that local government
                has authority over Jesus
                given to them by God.

Why does Jesus state that local officials have authority over Him?

Comment

It does say what it says. Rome had no power to persuade Jesus one inkling from the Father at all. They tried as in if you don't give up this God thing you will die and that didn't work for Jesus at all. It is kinda obvious Rome had no power over Jesus disposition as you think. I don't read where Jesus said OK I give in to your ways so don't crucify me. Perhaps you have read it but I haven't. . My own government can control who I am. Perhaps you have been brainwashed by your government where they control your very thoughts?
                  I don't know about "Rome".

Jesus says to Pilate:

You have authority over me, given to you by God.

John 19:11 Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above.

Perhaps you have been brainwashed by your government where they control your very thoughts?
                  Mostly here:
                  https://www.openbible.info/topics/government
                  Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-22-19, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Jesus said this because it was true, AND he says why. So, what's the problem, unless you think God did this as a permanent situation, which would be a mistake on your part.
                    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Jesus said this because it was true, AND he says why. So, what's the problem, unless you think God did this as a permanent situation, which would be a mistake on your part.
                      Oh. When did this end?

This was written later:
                      Titus 3:1

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

Comment

n>Your problems are ... so many. It seems there is no end of all your many problems. Here's one. You really, really do need to read better. You are NOT reading for what the writer is saying. Instead you are doing what you want to his text. It is his text. Not yours. Your posts are you text. You make your decisions about what you say. If others did to your texts what you are doing to the writer(s?) of "John", you'd probably have some sort of mad fit. Stop your childish games. You make false claims against the writer. You say things about his text like:
                        1) "Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God." That is absolutely malarkey! Jesus did not "explain" that. You did something to Jesus! He did not "explain" that. If I were to say you "explain" that the moon is made of cheese. what would you do? You'd laugh, right? What if I said you "explain" that you are a snake tat gives birth to spiders and elephants? Or that you "explain" that you want to destroy the Earth? That is the sort of thing you are doing to Jesus and the writer.
                        2) "Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:" That is false. He did not!)
                        3) "...Jesus is saying that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says." False! It does not say that! Stop it! Start reading intelligently and honestly. Can you? (I seriously doubt you have the requisite "equipment".)

Ok I'll try again.This reads just like this: Matthew 28:18And Jesus came and said to them,"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."
                        So my question is: Why does Jesus say this next statement?
                        John 19:11Jesus answered him,"You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. "

Here Jesus says that local government has authority over Jesus given to them by God. Why does Jesus state that local officials have authority over Him?
                        n>I warned you to take care reading, and you refuse or can't. I warned you not to replace the stuff in a text with your own mess of strange and twisted nonsense. I gave you three examples where you fraudulently did that. You did it three times above. Again, here are your WRONG revisions of what the biblical text actually states:
                        1) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God."
                        2) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:"
                        3) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"...Jesus is saying that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says."

n>Now in your latest fiasco you try to get away with the same twisted revision you tried before. I will add it to your above three as your fourth.

4) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Here Jesus says that local government has authority over Jesus given to them by God."

n>All four of your fraudulent and libelous statements are failed attempts to distort and confuse the text. That is not scholarly. That is not educated. That is not honest. That does not show a third grade literacy. Your revisions are of the sacred, divinely inspired text. Shame on you. Jn 19:11 says something different than you say it does. Shame on you. If you ever state what the text actually says, then you have taken your first baby step, and maybe you'll start on a road to recovery. Maybe. Or probably not... since you messed up 4 times already.

Comment

n>Your problems are ... so many. It seems there is no end of all your many problems. Here's one. You really, really do need to read better. You are NOT reading for what the writer is saying. Instead you are doing what you want to his text. It is his text. Not yours. Your posts are you text. You make your decisions about what you say. If others did to your texts what you are doing to the writer(s?) of "John", you'd probably have some sort of mad fit. Stop your childish games. You make false claims against the writer. You say things about his text like:1) "Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God." That is absolutely malarkey! Jesus did not "explain" that. You did something to Jesus! He did not "explain" that. If I were to say you "explain" that the moon is made of cheese. what would you do? You'd laugh, right? What if I said you "explain" that you are a snake tat gives birth to spiders and elephants? Or that you "explain" that you want to destroy the Earth? That is the sort of thing you are doing to Jesus and the writer.2) "Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:" That is false. He did not!)3) "...Jesus is saying that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says." False! It does not say that! Stop it! Start reading intelligently and honestly. Can you? (I seriously doubt you have the requisite "equipment".)n>I warned you to take care reading, and you refuse or can't. I warned you not to replace the stuff in a text with your own mess of strange and twisted nonsense. I gave you three examples where you fraudulently did that. You did it three times above. Again, here are your WRONG revisions of what the biblical text actually states:1) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Jesus explains: Local Government is now the law of God."2) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Jesus explains here that the Father has handed authority over to local government:"3) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"...Jesus is saying that the local law officials have authority over Jesus, given by the Father, just as it says."n>Now in your latest fiasco you try to get away with the same twisted revision you tried before. I will add it to your above three as your fourth.4) LL revision of the Jn 19:11 text>"Here Jesus says that local government has authority over Jesus given to them by God."n>All four of your fraudulent and libelous statements are failed attempts to distort and confuse the text. That is not scholarly. That is not educated. That is not honest. That does not show a third grade literacy. Your revisions are of the sacred, divinely inspired text. Shame on you. Jn 19:11 says something different than you say it does. Shame on you. If you ever state what the text actually says, then you have taken your first baby step, and maybe you'll start on a road to recovery. Maybe. Or probably not... since you messed up 4 times already.
                          So you found nothing from scripture to dispute my findings yet?
                          I couldn't find anything either. I'm still looking.

Proverbs 21:1
                          The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wills.

1 Peter 2:13-14
                          Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.

Proverbs 8:15
                          By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just;
                          Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-22-19, 06:41 PM.

Comment

That is not rocket science... Jesus was speaking about authority over him at that point.... It doesn't go beyond that so where are you going with that argument????

Comment

Oh. When did this end?
                              that ended when they crucified Jesus...the t had no power over him after he was dead...do don't you have any understanding???
                              This was written later:
                              Titus 3:1

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,
                              that has nothing to do with the Roman authority having power over Jesus...Do you teach anyone to not be submissive to the rule of law.??You are making yourself look silly with this thread Leo...

Comment

Working...
                              X