Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

the Self and all it 'does'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Self and all it 'does'

the self is depraved and everything it does (works) are for the enemy realm. dead.

when a soul meets God, and wants Him, and He brings her to Him, and that soul leaves the Self, and constantly tries to stay away from that Self,
    then what she does is for Him, and is not dead. That souls is His. And all she did before is now directed to His Will.

but in the Self (the "I") - nothing is accomplished...
    all that Self does is focus itself on morality in the form of the good and evil tree..."fine print" -
    law. The Self cannot love. it's more interested in legal details and arguing about them.

all the above being the true version..and not the fake works versus faith debate.

All the thread titles have been so very negative in apologetics lately.... and not very many christian themes... mostly just scoffing type titles...so...
    i hope i can post some things...in most simple way, to improve that situation.

Comment

Joh_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So you are saying Jesus use of I, in the above verse was Evil.
      Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

Incidentally what are YOUR WORKS, that you call Evil?
        Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
          Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
            the self is depraved and everything it does (works) are for the enemy realm. dead.

when a soul meets God, and wants Him, and He brings her to Him, and that soul leaves the Self, and constantly tries to stay away from that Self,
            then what she does is for Him, and is not dead. That souls is His. And all she did before is now directed to His Will.

but in the Self (the "I") - nothing is accomplished...
            all that Self does is focus itself on morality in the form of the good and evil tree..."fine print" -
            law. The Self cannot love. it's more interested in legal details and arguing about them.

all the above being the true version..and not the fake works versus faith debate.
            Self is the enemy of God and the place law is establish to regulate Him.
            The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

DO you really think God Said,

I am that I am,

No wait a minute I am is the Enemy of WHO I AM.

So God's Self is the ENEMY of WHO God is?

You seem to be speaking against A God, and more in a humanistic way.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

You are saying that God is Delusional, God only has a Place in the Universe, in you or others like you. He God serves your flesh.

You are also saying that God saying I AM THAT I AM was some sort of self Delusion.

You are worst then clueless.
              Last edited by Forgiven Child; 06-01-19, 11:37 PM.

Comment

exactly. The Self belongs to the other realm. Not His at all. The Self is the legalistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgiven Child View Post

DO you really think God Said,

I am that I am,

No wait a minute I am is the Enemy of WHO I AM.

So God's Self is the ENEMY of WHO God is?

You seem to be speaking against A God, and more in a humanistic way.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

You are saying that God is Delusional, God only has a Place in the Universe, in you or others like you. He God serves your flesh.

You are also saying that God saying I AM THAT I AM was some sort of self Delusion.

You are worst then clueless.
                  Self is not a person.

Self is not the soul.

Comment

Joh_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So you are saying Jesus use of I, in the above verse was Evil.
                    In that line, no.. in that line He refers to Who He is : God.

Comment

Incidentally what are YOUR WORKS, that you call Evil?
                      Non-question. Iím sorry you are taking the post harshly.

Comment

Self is not a person.

Self is not the soul.
                        So you are saying GOD has no awareness of self.

You are saying God is figment of Mans Imagination.

Comment

In that line, no.. in that line He refers to Who He is : God.
                          Yes in that line, and many others.

It disproves your assertion.

Comment

Non-question. I’m sorry you are taking the post harshly.
                            I would really like to Know your Works, that you say are Evil.

You say all works are evil.

What are your works?
                            That you say are Evil?

Comment

If you give a hungry child a Sandwich,

You have called that EVIL.

Comment

Working...
                              X