Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Divided and Conquered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divided and Conquered

We have on these threads people that call themselves Christian, from those that say they have they Spirit of God themselves in their body, to those that say only by the Bible.

One thing all of these have in common.
    It is that they attack others that say they they are Christian, and say they are going to Hell.

I am talking about those that call themselves Christian.

Every post on these threads has someone that calls themselves a Christian that implies the poster is going to Hell.

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
    Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

How are we to overcome the Divisions and Controversies Within those that call themselves Christian?

Originally posted by Forgiven Child View Post
    We have on these threads people that call themselves Christian, from those that say they have they Spirit of God themselves in their body, to those that say only by the Bible.

It is that they attack others that say they they are Christian, and say they are going to Hell.

Every post on these threads has someone that calls themselves a Christian that implies the poster is going to Hell.

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

How are we to overcome the Divisions and Controversies Within those that call themselves Christian?
    Not everyone implies the poster is going to hell. I for one, for the kingdom of God does not come with observation, it is within you. just as Jesus said it is in Luke 17:20-21, Heaven and hell is not a place it is the state of ones disposition.
    The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

n>I always think it's funny when a person yells at others for yelling at others. Quite a joke, that. Oh, and then to pose as sanctimonious they shoot some verse bullets to mow the yellers down. Who knows, maybe those folks do not even see what they are doing to themselves.

Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
      “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

we cant

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

we cant
          That's right ... not even Jesus could do that with his own disciples. In his trials and tribulation every single one of his disciple flat out demined him to be identified with him. it took God Himself by His Spirit to open up that knowledge.
          The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

That's right ... not even Jesus could do that with his own disciples. In his trials and tribulation every single one of his disciple flat out demined him to be identified with him. it took God Himself by His Spirit to open up that knowledge.
            It’s very tiring to see all this theologizing going on. Jesus never did that. Not once.

Comment

Since none of that described (kingdoms, houses, thoughts, Satan) being of God why focus on that? That ‘consciousness’ blocks a soul from to meet Him.

He already says what happens to that house...it cannot stand.

Instead, listen to Him.

Comment

It’s very tiring to see all this theologizing going on. Jesus never did that. Not once.
                That should have read couldn't do that with his own disciples.

Comment

That should have read couldn't do that with his own disciples.
                  There is no debating, or theologizing.

I don’t find any theologizing and debating. Never in scripture does God theologize or Jesus or the prophets. Not once.

Not anything of His.

Comment

There is no debating, or theologizing.

I don’t find any theologizing and debating. Never in scripture does God theologize or Jesus or the prophets. Not once.

Not anything of His.
                    I agree, God does not theologize for it is who we become like Him. But when one reads that religious book in its account, it is pretty obvious that no one came to his defense. Now whether those things actually happened is another matter, for the bible is not an historical account, it is a religious book devised by man. That is exactly why we have so many religious beliefs about it. It was devised by man for enterprise, that is very obvious for those who actually have God as their own disposition instead all of these theological interpretations of these little books. Holt Bible simply means little books.

But if one does read the book, the book is very clear and does say Jesus was rejected by many so wouldn't you agree that there had to be theological issues about his interpretation for who God was to him, and to them obviously they disagreed on theology? . If they didn't agree then why the dissension that you say you never ever read in the book? But I do understand that God doesn't theologize, for it is who I am, not what I believe about Him in things such as Jesus own disciples rejected him.

Comment

I agree, God does not theologize for it is who we become like Him. But when one reads that religious book in its account, it is pretty obvious that no one came to his defense. Now whether those things actually happened is another matter, for the bible is not an historical account, it is a religious book devised by man. That is exactly why we have so many religious beliefs about it. It was devised by man for enterprise, that is very obvious for those who actually have God as their own disposition instead all of these theological interpretations of these little books. Holt Bible simply means little books.

But if one does read the book, the book is very clear and does say Jesus was rejected by many so wouldn't you agree that there had to be theological issues about his interpretation for who God was to him, and to them obviously they disagreed on theology? . If they didn't agree then why the dissension that you say you never ever read in the book? But I do understand that God doesn't theologize, for it is who I am, not what I believe about Him in things such as Jesus own disciples rejected him.

I m just speaking for me here, since I don't know if how I will phrase, will make sense to you or another... I'm very tired today, in case I could phrase better. And, possibly I will say something you already know..and that's because I tend to repeat me, not because I am lecturing...

The difference I understand of theologizing, canon-thinking etc...is that it is comparing bits of information one to the other, such as good and evil or this canon versus that one or evolution versus creation... the comparing does not include actually having met Him, but more, comparing is actually but the topic of being an expert "about" Him... and even to the point of bullying other souls about right and wrong beliefs..which is the pharisee and not His viewpoint of anything. The pharisee by definition, or the expert, comes between Souls and God, to prevent them from meeting Him... and in turn, that mindset of comparing information being pure Abstraction, based on many translations by others who were also comparing fluffs of paper and who mistranslated, all of their information being based on their five senses of this body, the natural mind, but never having met Him or Seen Him or heard Him, directly and personally. Which is what His Prophets in scripture did do! Meet Him. And they were His... forget the modern rituals of opening the mouth..all that being sorcery. Abraham Met Him! Not talked about Him.

The lovely lie created was that if in fact you heard Him, it must not be him since that would mean a new prophecy would be added to scripture which was not scriptural. But, according to whom? Since what is called scriptural is based on poor translations by the carnal minded who never could hear God if their life depended on it. Yet, they have very strong points of view, and utterly cruel callous lists of punishments for any offender to their point of view. Such as ignoring, shunning, excluding, and threats of Hell for the recalcitrant. Also, spreading the idea that one is a fool. All of this being bullying by the carnal mind.

He as I understand, needs no defending, and it is fitting they did not defend Him, since He and His entire disposition (mindset is how I would phrase but you call that disposition) is not of this World... this world which does defend and argue. Thus, all were weak, all of His apostles too, in the eyes of this world and in my understanding He chose them for that, because they could listen to Him and could not function as well in this world. This world and its criteria about arguing, defending, debating, and theologizing is irrelevant in His Kingdom...

Either a soul met Him and stays in her Soul (staying in her soul = being exactly His Nature in how He made that soul! His Image and Likeness, which you call be just like Him etc.). -- Or the other option --is she lives in this world and seeks the things of this worlds 'disposition' or mindset. I would say mindset, consciousness etc. Such that, being in the mindset of this world, all her interpretations, even if they are various and even in oppositions, always are of this world...and go in endless circles, that soul never meeting Him.

Such that there are two consciousnesses or mindsets/dispositions. And one consciousness (of this world) deals in information and arguing over it and distinguishing it and knowledge of it (= the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil and constant moralizing of things of this world) -- And His our God's consciousness = to be with Him in our soul and stay there (what you I think call to be just like Him?)... and with Him in the promise of the end of this world. which is soon. This world is to pass. And too bad many souls who did not hear Him will suffer greatly... when that process starts.

I do believe all happened, in scripture, but I also believe it is ALL so badly translated as to render it all silly and historically unimportant stuff... that is how esau has rendered the bible, on purpose to make it useless and impotent. Such that the events that happened and will are hidden and the way people describe it all being often an invention of carnality, the Self. for example some of the prophets pages people think are about dusty historical battles...except NO they are not. AT ALL. I know this, and no I couldn't prove it to any of the blind bats following esau. Thus, i cannot defend Him in what He said and that His scripture is valid... I am the same was the apostles... a soul of His and prophet, which All His Souls are! ... who can say the things yet looks a fool to everyone.

The things I say are not theology..they are what I understand, based on the best that I could Hear Him, directly. After I heard, Him, then I read scripture again...and Saw! Yes, what I read, when i read the oldest possible copies (even though copies and could have some alterations therefore), was that the things He showed me are true And are in scripture. yet, I cannot defend = prove any of it to a soul trapped in the disposition of carnality...because that mindset is glued to those fluffs of paper instead of to God, and following their own Self Wisdom instead of God.

Because indeed Wisdom in the mind and intellectuality do disguise themselves as deity, whispering to a soul... But are not Him. And the disposition or likeness of this world, mimics God, as a copy.... and loves to mimic and create its own reflections of how God is or should be. But never met God.

In fact, that is all a prophet and apostle is - a soul who can Hear God. As we can see, there are not many listed in scripture... and modern "christianity" has decreed there are no more prophets. Even though REV specifically states there are, now, prophets.

So, there will always be 'theological' issues, since all sides of the theological issues are but wars , canaan's house divided...which is the carnal mind warring with itself. He did not have any interpretation of God since He is God and He was with God. Example, if one is with his most gorgeous little daughter, he will not not need an interpretation, since his eyes and the vision are complete. No interpretations needed. Vision and Reality being ONE... Interpretations all fall short.

When I say they never read the book, i meant that literally...that the book has been so polluted by esau translations that it has not been read. This was an intentional act of minute changes over centuries, mostly in the medieval period and early modern period... Much finagling went on to Steer His Souls away from Ever meeting Him or from ever understanding anything...

Because as long as a soul is glued to wrong understanding, that wrong understanding acts as SHIELD to keep that soul from hearing Him.

He does not force souls to meet Him. Anymore than you force your daughter to agree with you on something or to show up for dinner.

Every single term and word and concept of christianity has been tinkered with endlessly...such that a soul actually wanting to meet Him, and trying to, will get caught in the mire and never meet Him..and instead, have all their energies tied up in defending an interpretation instead of God.

So I think was quite masterful play of them NOT to defend a thing.
                      Last edited by e v e; 06-16-19, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Also remember that while many of the millions of His souls, who want Him yet are mixed, they are not 144k and as such cannot understand things which are not for them..and in fact, most likely they cannot hear Him exactly because they are not 144k and it is not their context at this time...but will be for them to learn After the Change.

That's the best I've been able to understand the situation...that they will learn later...and that right now it's not their fault...simply that the context now is for His 144k. I can see many souls here do want Him, and He will not abandon them over their theologies...because to do that would be exactly how the carnal mindset works "judging good and evil."

the entire concept of judgment has become so polluted...anyway, no need to go into that topic here...

Comment

We have on these threads people that call themselves Christian, from those that say they have they Spirit of God themselves in their body, to those that say only by the Bible. One thing all of these have in common. It is that they attack others that say they they are Christian, and say they are going to Hell. I am talking about those that call themselves Christian.
                          That is not true.

First, there are many sufficiently discerning and practically astute enough to be critical of content, not author, post not poster. Second, there are those (I count myself among them) who may have formerly failed in that regard but have observably matured and improved their practice. Third, the just judgment of clearly evidenced conduct is scriptural whenever done with scriptural standards.

It is true the unjust and unnecessary dividing of the body of Christ is a problem, one that is avoidable and should be avoided. Scripture call those who practice this "devil." The word means "accuser." There is an irony to this op because evidenceless accusing Christians of accusing Christians is self-indicting and qualifies as devilish.
                          Would you mind citing three examples? Quote the exchange or provide links. Thanks.
                          Now I am going to provide an example of what I just posted. This use of Matthew 12 ans Mark 3 is abusive. It misses the larger contexts and the logically necessary implications thereof. The Kingdom of God is never divided. It has only one Ruler and that Ruler is all-powerful. Furthermore, Jesus was teaching about the defeat of satan's house, not God's.

And I can be critical of the post without being critical of the poster. When responding posters reply with content scripture itself labels as characterological or soteriological then the mention of those scripture s will be just and appropriate, especially where intended to inspire repentance, obedience, and reconciliation.
                          It is not going to be by posting ops like this one.

It might be begun by amending this op along the lines just suggested or affirming the truths just posted. I suggest now and have often suggested the practice of passages like Proverbs 15, Ephesians 4, Romans 12:9-21, or smaller directives like Phil. 2:3, or Col. 4:5-6. The pointing out of problems absent the provision of positive direction is usually ineffective.

All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Eve

I m just speaking for me here, since I don't know if how I will phrase, will make sense to you or another... I'm very tired today, in case I could phrase better. And, possibly I will say something you already know..and that's because I tend to repeat me, not because I am lecturing...

The difference I understand of theologizing, canon-thinking etc...is that it is comparing bits of information one to the other, such as good and evil or this canon versus that one or evolution versus creation... the comparing does not include actually having met Him, but more, comparing is actually but the topic of being an expert "about" Him... and even to the point of bullying other souls about right and wrong beliefs..which is the pharisee and not His viewpoint of anything. The pharisee by definition, or the expert, comes between Souls and God, to prevent them from meeting Him... and in turn, that mindset of comparing information being pure Abstraction, based on many translations by others who were also comparing fluffs of paper and who mistranslated, all of their information being based on their five senses of this body, the natural mind, but never having met Him or Seen Him or heard Him, directly and personally. Which is what His Prophets in scripture did do! Meet Him. And they were His... forget the modern rituals of opening the mouth..all that being sorcery. Abraham Met Him! Not talked about Him.

The lovely lie created was that if in fact you heard Him, it must not be him since that would mean a new prophecy would be added to scripture which was not scriptural. But, according to whom? Since what is called scriptural is based on poor translations by the carnal minded who never could hear God if their life depended on it. Yet, they have very strong points of view, and utterly cruel callous lists of punishments for any offender to their point of view. Such as ignoring, shunning, excluding, and threats of Hell for the recalcitrant. Also, spreading the idea that one is a fool. All of this being bullying by the carnal mind.

He as I understand, needs no defending, and it is fitting they did not defend Him, since He and His entire disposition (mindset is how I would phrase but you call that disposition) is not of this World... this world which does defend and argue. Thus, all were weak, all of His apostles too, in the eyes of this world and in my understanding He chose them for that, because they could listen to Him and could not function as well in this world. This world and its criteria about arguing, defending, debating, and theologizing is irrelevant in His Kingdom...

Either a soul met Him and stays in her Soul (staying in her soul = being exactly His Nature in how He made that soul! His Image and Likeness, which you call be just like Him etc.). -- Or the other option --is she lives in this world and seeks the things of this worlds 'disposition' or mindset. I would say mindset, consciousness etc. Such that, being in the mindset of this world, all her interpretations, even if they are various and even in oppositions, always are of this world...and go in endless circles, that soul never meeting Him.

Such that there are two consciousnesses or mindsets/dispositions. And one consciousness (of this world) deals in information and arguing over it and distinguishing it and knowledge of it (= the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil and constant moralizing of things of this world) -- And His our God's consciousness = to be with Him in our soul and stay there (what you I think call to be just like Him?)... and with Him in the promise of the end of this world. which is soon. This world is to pass. And too bad many souls who did not hear Him will suffer greatly... when that process starts.

I do believe all happened, in scripture, but I also believe it is ALL so badly translated as to render it all silly and historically unimportant stuff... that is how esau has rendered the bible, on purpose to make it useless and impotent. Such that the events that happened and will are hidden and the way people describe it all being often an invention of carnality, the Self. for example some of the prophets pages people think are about dusty historical battles...except NO they are not. AT ALL. I know this, and no I couldn't prove it to any of the blind bats following esau. Thus, i cannot defend Him in what He said and that His scripture is valid... I am the same was the apostles... a soul of His and prophet, which All His Souls are! ... who can say the things yet looks a fool to everyone.

The things I say are not theology..they are what I understand, based on the best that I could Hear Him, directly. After I heard, Him, then I read scripture again...and Saw! Yes, what I read, when i read the oldest possible copies (even though copies and could have some alterations therefore), was that the things He showed me are true And are in scripture. yet, I cannot defend = prove any of it to a soul trapped in the disposition of carnality...because that mindset is glued to those fluffs of paper instead of to God, and following their own Self Wisdom instead of God.

Because indeed Wisdom in the mind and intellectuality do disguise themselves as deity, whispering to a soul... But are not Him. And the disposition or likeness of this world, mimics God, as a copy.... and loves to mimic and create its own reflections of how God is or should be. But never met God.

In fact, that is all a prophet and apostle is - a soul who can Hear God. As we can see, there are not many listed in scripture... and modern "christianity" has decreed there are no more prophets. Even though REV specifically states there are, now, prophets.

So, there will always be 'theological' issues, since all sides of the theological issues are but wars , canaan's house divided...which is the carnal mind warring with itself. He did not have any interpretation of God since He is God and He was with God. Example, if one is with his most gorgeous little daughter, he will not not need an interpretation, since his eyes and the vision are complete. No interpretations needed. Vision and Reality being ONE... Interpretations all fall short.

When I say they never read the book, i meant that literally...that the book has been so polluted by esau translations that it has not been read. This was an intentional act of minute changes over centuries, mostly in the medieval period and early modern period... Much finagling went on to Steer His Souls away from Ever meeting Him or from ever understanding anything...

Because as long as a soul is glued to wrong understanding, that wrong understanding acts as SHIELD to keep that soul from hearing Him.

He does not force souls to meet Him. Anymore than you force your daughter to agree with you on something or to show up for dinner.

Every single term and word and concept of christianity has been tinkered with endlessly...such that a soul actually wanting to meet Him, and trying to, will get caught in the mire and never meet Him..and instead, have all their energies tied up in defending an interpretation instead of God.

So I think was quite masterful play of them NOT to defend a thing.
                            I understand you are speaking for self, and I agree that people has used the bible as a substitute for knowing God personally. God is humiliating to the temper of mind that looks upon Him through a belief instead of the reality of in the presence of God with Christ, you anointed of God, as your mind. The mind that is of a belief is in constant rebellion to be like Him with the mind of God.

And please understand that when I refer to you I am speaking in general not specific to you.

The moment one stops debating with God about Him being flesh, a man, instead of Spirit is the moment He comes to the individual and reveals Himself where the SPirit of God witnesses to the redemption of mind and does not witness to anything else. It isn't that God wont reveal Himself it s because of the beliefs established about Him that He cant.

One can believe anything about God that is obvious in all the petty arguments about Him, but the moment one sets aside beliefs and looks to Him for His way for the mind, all these beliefs dissipate. That cleansing, the purging that takes place to unlearn everything man has programmed man to believe about God and totally depend on God for information that only God can reveal is so simple that religious folk cant comprehend, for the complexity they have established from a mind in carnality, flesh, that the simple Love is just to simple to be their God. They look for the sensational instead of the simplicity of God. They like the theatrics of splitting the red sea, or turning water to blood or win or waling on water, and we have the very same today, just listen from a pulpit or watch the movies presented for the sensational how people react the it I awe.

The revelation in the bible is not that Jesus took upon himself our flesh sins but that he took upon himself the heredity of sin that no man can touch. He was made to be sin so the sinner might be made that saint of Love. Jesus didn't do what he did out of sympathy for those who were without, but by identification with it. It is that identity that is absent from all these different beliefs about Him. One cant assume himself to be in a certain condition that he never has been in as that Jesus was in of the Father.

I never read where Jesus consulted with others about the Father of Love, Holy Love, or Holy Spirit as that Spirit of love is called in the book, and if Jesus could go to the Father for himself what would keep me or anyone from doing the same, least a belief that is contrary to that how Jesus operated in the Father keeps them from the same? Jesus made a profound statement to Peter when he found them all asleep, he said can you not watch with me, he didn't say watch for him... for if they watched for him that would put Jesus to sleep.

The moment that a person chooses to drop the beliefs and be loyal to Him in His way, which simply is Love, is the moment that person becomes a witness against themselvef. Not many will understand that statement.

But you are correct in that I do use the term a lot as in -- be like Him, which simply is Love. And obvious because of these lengthy belief systems regulated by the laws man has established about Him that we read of daily in this very forum, Love is replaced with selfish desires to be right in their laws instead of having the kind of love of a mother where the mother who will sacrifice her own life to save the life of her child, that is love not from selfish desires to uphold the laws of some belief but to preserver her own offspring, which is the exact message in the cross. .Love pushes a soul over the edge.

You made a statement ... and I would have to go back and review it ... but you have stated before in something like when it is restored or yet to be restored, For me that part is finished, there is noting else God can say or do to get man to be restored to Love. That is in the hands of the one seeking. If it is yet to be restored then one is not digging deep enough into that well for the prize. and actually the simplicity of Him is in the hand of the one digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                              That is not true.

First, there are many sufficiently discerning and practically astute enough to be critical of content, not author, post not poster. Second, there are those (I count myself among them) who may have formerly failed in that regard but have observably matured and improved their practice. Third, the just judgment of clearly evidenced conduct is scriptural whenever done with scriptural standards.

It is true the unjust and unnecessary dividing of the body of Christ is a problem, one that is avoidable and should be avoided. Scripture call those who practice this "devil." The word means "accuser." There is an irony to this op because evidenceless accusing Christians of accusing Christians is self-indicting and qualifies as devilish.
                              Deny the Truth Much?

Would you mind citing three examples? Quote the exchange or provide links. Thanks.
                              EDIT PER MOD

Now I am going to provide an example of what I just posted. This use of Matthew 12 ans Mark 3 is abusive. It misses the larger contexts and the logically necessary implications thereof. The Kingdom of God is never divided. It has only one Ruler and that Ruler is all-powerful. Furthermore, Jesus was teaching about the defeat of satan's house, not God's.
                              Hunh

And I can be critical of the post without being critical of the poster. When responding posters reply with content scripture itself labels as characterological or soteriological then the mention of those scripture s will be just and appropriate, especially where intended to inspire repentance, obedience, and reconciliation.

It is not going to be by posting ops like this one.

It might be begun by amending this op along the lines just suggested or affirming the truths just posted. I suggest now and have often suggested the practice of passages like Proverbs 15, Ephesians 4, Romans 12:9-21, or smaller directives like Phil. 2:3, or Col. 4:5-6. The pointing out of problems absent the provision of positive direction is usually ineffective.

Comment

Working...
                              X