Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is nothing pagan in true Christianity. True.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is nothing pagan in true Christianity. True.

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Almost nothing you wrote on here is true. I know you think it is, but it is NOT. Luther did set out to reform the RCC and not start another church. And the greatest difference between what he came to believe and what Rome taught was over the doctrine of justification. That was the ultimate crux of the matter, upon which the Reformation was built, and also to use Scripture alone for doctrine.

There is nothing wrong with the Protestant canon of the Bible.

There is nothing "pagan" about true Christianity.

I am sorry, but I have very little patience with "Christian" mysticism, since, in my experience with a few on CARM, they tend to think they are always right and everyone else is wrong. no matter what, because they believe that God vouchsafed special knowledge to them and them alone. And their beliefs tend to be so esoteric, only they truly understand them. They rob the Gospel message of the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus our Lord, and His sacrifice of Himself on Calvary's cross for the forgiveness of our sins. .
    mysticism is a pagan concept I don't participate in. gnosticism is a pagan concept I don't participate in. If you want discuss that, please reply. If we do not clarify what is a mystic, what is a gnostic, and what you mean by the terms, then the mentions of it on carm are not helpful for His Souls.

Scripture alone is not actually practiced by modern christianity. If they did they would drop all the canons and human authorities completely and stop trusting in traditional translations and go right to the closest originals and read what He said, not what esau interpreted.

the very basis of canon thinking IS traditions. Many of them roman.
    Last edited by e v e; 06-29-19, 03:47 PM.

Also, 'scripture alone' is a twisted phrase, by esau. The true concept is in fact is to listen to what He says, and not to listen to what esau or satan say.

His scripture was altered in translations. As such, much of what we see in translations is not what God said. The point is not that twisted scripture alone lie of satan's; the point is not to alter scripture, "scripture being exactly what God says and not what men 'say He said.' " [re: the confused situation with translations].

We saw this before His crucifixion, where He said back to Pilate, "that is who you say I am". Because esau Always Twists Every Scriptural Meaning, and pilate being no exception.
    Last edited by e v e; 06-29-19, 04:02 PM.

Comment

So Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” “You have said so,” Jesus replied. NIV Luke 23:3

In fact, christ answers "He AVERRed you are-SAYing" -- in the transliteration.

Comment

The point is Not to alter His Word. To listen to His Word and not to listen to the interpretations of this world and of men.

This is the real context but was converted by esau type theologians into only read these approved books as being the truth

but in that case why read the news, why read this forum, etc...since none of that is in the approved books. See how insane...

To read His Word exactly as He said the Word, and not to read alterations of His word, was then turned into a shield against God...in which satan altered His Words via canons and translations and then by the tricky translations turned around and said, this is the truth and the canon and dont read anything else but this, and this sola scriptura. But already the version was corrupted.
        Last edited by e v e; 06-29-19, 04:44 PM.

Comment

So much today of what passes for the correct interpretations of scripture relies on such snakes such as augustine and his platonic lies.

No one can read augustine... because to do so would upend the modern dogma. As soon as a christian understands that jerome and augustine are snakes... and then reads again the horrible things they said about God, and what utter scoffing hatred of God they had, then many lies can fall away. Because both of them were platonists and pagans to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

Well in fact Genesis 6 does tell us that there was such as that which happened after the fall... though I don't know if Luther's 'version' is but a repetition of that or some invention of his or what... I would have to read him again to find out, something I will not do, not wanting to pollute my soul.

I did read most all he wrote, in the past, along with all the church fathers, and any other texts you can think of, when I was studying theology in graduate school...but now I try to forget luther and augustine and most of those, since they are so incredibly off.

Bonnie replied
            So, only you have found the truth?

I don't go by Augustine or even Luther, but Luther DID point us to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ , that the RCC had buried beneath a ton of man-made doctrines for centuries, and the Bible as the sole source for doctrine. This demon stuff was just his own opinion and not part of our doctrines at all, and something some folks believed at that time, same as some believed the sun revolved around the earth.

"I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

The problem is, Luther did not point to the true gospel... And in fact he continued most of the man-made doctrines. There is no doctrine related to scripture. Scripture is what He said to us His Souls. The creation of doctrines and dogmas and canons and rituals - which are traditions - is a long process, an invention of men. Nowhere does christ say "do not read anything not in this book" or follow the canons about trinity or anything else. He does say to understand what he says. He never says to make a ritual fetish out of it.

He is God and He spoke. He is the truth. Translations and theological schools about what God said and canons formed 'about' what God said, are not what God said if the one doing the translating is Esau, because in that case a false version of scripture is being used as a weapon against God. And many of the translations and much of the canon were established by Esau types. Who couldn't understand what God says if they tried.

Being treated like a mushroom is not limited to LDS. If anything, those who are treated most poorly and suffer may indeed be having trials and be God's souls. That is for God to decide.

Thinking faith is a blanket is an endemic problem to all christendom, not just limited to who you might think.

Mark Twain is not a Christian, so why quote him?

Why quote a signatureless 'anonymous'? By definition something anonymous is NOT HIS. Anyway, the quote is not christian. How do we know the truth of anonymous is even christian. He our God is the truth. He does not hurt. He is love. The quote is not true. also, He cannot be used as a weapon against souls, such that they are forced see the truth or be bullied into the truth...that is what the quote suggests. Horrible. The whole approach is nothing that Christ ever did when he was here. NOT once! In fact, the opposite!

For two years I wanted to comment on your signature line...because Only the second line is remotely even close to the true situation and valid and refers to things of God.
            Last edited by e v e; 06-29-19, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I listen to God, not a doctrine "about God".

Comment

Scripture alone is not actually practiced by modern christianity. If they did they would.... stop trusting in traditional translations and go right to the closest originals and read what He said.
                Just curious, e v e, do you read ancient Hebrew and Koine Greek?

If not, then from what translation is it you most often read? Why is that translation chosen?
                All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

I listen to God, not a doctrine "about God".
                  Not many are going to understand that statement at all.
                  The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

All I Have ever said is that each and every soul of His can meet Him

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post

If not, then from what translation is it you most often read? Why is that translation chosen?
                      I've said many times here that I only read interlinear, with the Greek and or Hebrew next to the transliteration. So, I read it in Greek. I had to learn Greek when I was studying theology and the medievals in graduate school, and reading the church fathers as well. I don't read translations except to compare them to what I read in the closest original... I think for those who cannot read anything in the original language, the transliterations are better than even the kjv and other roman canon-based translations. What about you? What language do you read the new testament in?

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

Not many are going to understand that statement at all.
                        true. Because the Self cannot understand. Just as Pilate could not.

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post

I translate myself. Don't read any of the list at the bible sites, except for to compare now and then.

Comment

A baby knowing not one word of Greek will fare better with God than most scholars. The topic is not 'credentials'. The twelve he chose had none. His prophets were simple men. Yet..they could hear Him. That is the point.

As such, I will no longer discuss 'credentials' or academic ____. My speaking is because I am His and that's the only credential I need.

The pope has lots of credentials and works for the enemy. The scholarly expert line is a pointless trajectory to go into. Though Plato would approve it.

Comment

true. Because the Self cannot understand. Just as Pilate could not.
                              But Pilate found no fault in the man, it was the religious folk who found fault in the man. Pilate was willing to release Jesus and gave the religious folk an option that was the custom of the day to release, but the religious folk chose Barabbas a thief to be pardoned instead.

Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith to them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him. Seems pretty clear to me Pilate didn't want to crucify an innocent man. But to avoid a riot he gave them their wish. he washed his hands of the whole thing.
                              The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Working...
                              X