Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the essentials of Christianity that every Christian agrees with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the essentials of Christianity that every Christian agrees with?

I'm new to the Christianity stuff.

Here's a good place to start:

https://carm.org/christian-doctrine
    ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

Originally posted by sam moore View Post
      Submission to Jesus as Lord and savior is a good place to start...

Comment

The new birth is essential to becoming a Christian.

John 3:3
        In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

John 3:5-8
        Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You* must be born again.' " ["born of water", natural birth; "born of the Spirit", spiritual birth.]
        *"you" in the Greek is plural.

Rom 10:8-10
        But what does it [the righteousness that is by faith] say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," [Deut 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Hi Sam,

Welcome you to the family of God (and the forum)!

We rejoice with the angels in heaven for your salvation, and pray you grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord.

All Christians agree repentance and belief in Jesus Christ is essential, per Mark 1:14,15; Acts 3:19; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5.

We encourage you to be like the noble Bereans... "they received the word with all readiness of mind, and "searched" the scriptures daily, whether those things were true." Acts 17:11

Grace and blessings,
          Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Comment

Excellent Question.

I say Love God, and love your fellow man.
            Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

because of centuries of mistranslations, on purpose, a literal crime, christianity doesn't know what the OT prophets really wrote and intended to convey..
              and what you find is many battling points of view and an enormous pride and judging that goes on, such that many are too proud to start again reading
              and cannot give up centuries of tradition that form the basis of all christianity denominations today.

Comment

Deity of Christ
                Virgin birth
                Perfect sinless life.
                Substitutional sacrificial death on the cross.
                Resurrection
                Assention into heaven
                Return of Christ

Comment

God exists.
                  Jesus is His divine son who came in the flesh, after having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, lived sinlessly, died, and was resurrected and returned to heaven where he is seated on God's throne as God's right hand and Lord over all and Savior of those who believe in him. He is the fulfillment of the OT law, prophets, and psalms and the remedy to the problem of sin.
                  God is triune; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are God.
                  The Bible is God's revelation to humanity.
                  All sin and fall short of God's glory.
                  Salvation from sin is by grace through faith for works, not by faith or by works, and it is found only in Jesus.

Those are the basics. There are others, such as the command to love, the elements of repentance, forgiveness, justification, sanctification, etc. in which all Christians believe but not necessarily in identical manner.
                  All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by sam moore in the opening post
                    What are the essentials of Christianity that every Christian agrees with?
                    Originally posted by e v e View Post
                    because of centuries of mistranslations, on purpose, a literal crime, christianity doesn't know what the OT prophets really wrote and intended to convey..
                    and what you find is many battling points of view and an enormous pride and judging that goes on, such that many are too proud to start again reading
                    and cannot give up centuries of tradition that form the basis of all christianity denominations today.
                    How does that answer the question asked?

Do you understand that post boils down to "Christianity doesn't know what Christianity believes"?

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

A Christian is Christ like, has the same attributes as that Jesus had of the Father which simply is Love. Gods Spirit is Holy Love and man who has His Spirit are exactly like Him.

But because most are of a belief system to regulate their gods and beliefs, God who is Love fails to be manifest in these, where some say God is a man named Jesus and is not Spirit and wait for a man to come as a god, they cannot see that no flesh inherits the kingdom of God, and some say salvation is simply asking for it without receiving it in themselves which is Love, some say a man is coming back someday as a god.

Truth is when you read what Jesus said of yourself that you should be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect with He in you and you in Him as one as he was one in the Father,in John 17, and the kingdom fo God doesn't come with observation but is within you in Luke 17:20-21,

It is you who is supposed to be that person of Christ anointed of God that does come, which simply is Love. Gods salvation is Him manifest in you. Who is God? Love, His Spirit is Love. It all is in the book but discernment is key by what spirit in man does the discerning.

A religious minded will come to you with the demands that you must do this and that
                      The spiritual minded will come to you with the demand that you square your life with the standards of Jesus. .

The book is about you and who are you and it is your name written in there, and either you are like Him or you are not, the book tells about who people are on both sides of Gods Holy Love, or Spirit as the book call Him. .
                      The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post

How does that answer the question asked?

Do you understand that post boils down to "Christianity doesn't know what Christianity believes"?
                        Yes, I do understand that it boils down to that. Which is exactly the situation. I answered that no one agrees, a valid answer. And they do not agree because not hearing God, instead modern christianity is the house divided... if you are familiar with that archetype... Christianity today is in terrible trouble because of failing to listen to God, being busy instead with its own theologies and interpretations. So the answer is "the basics" - as interpreted - that many believe were and are hijacked by the enemy. And that is a valid and important answer, since the goal is to validly understand what He says, not what others bully us or agree "since we all agree it must be true" or push us to lean on traditions that claim to have absorbed what he says or to trust high priests and experts "because these are the shoulders of giants and you must lean on them...since they know more than you being geniuses etc!" If we want the basics first we need to lose all the centuries of the altering of His Words by Rome and Listen to God, not giants. I use that term giants because it turns out to be very appropriate... and because recently someone here corrected me using that term, because I am unwilling to lean over the shoulders of biblical giants and learn from them, these human masters and expert theologians.

Comment

So it seems, modern christianiity expects us to follow and hear theological experts and biblical geniuses, as to what God says to each of us.
                          Not God. Remember there was a time when scripture was not permitted to be read, since only the experts knew what God said anyway.
                          and as to who could translate things were even more locked down.

I say no. God doesn't need money lenders coming between Himself and His souls and neither does He need pharisees interpreting. He is perfectly capable to speak, and doesn't even need to follow the human rules as to the proper form of speaking. He is God and Perfectly capable of speaking without colleges of snakes helping HIm out, and without cliff notes and chicago staements signed by long lists of high priests.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
                            Yes, I do understand that it boils down to that. Which is exactly the situation.
                            No, that "situation" is self-contradictory.

There is no Christianity to know what Christianity is if what you say is true. You, e v e, cannot rationally claim something exists in one breath and then say it has not idea what it is in the next. If we were to do a simple word replacement we would have

"e v e doesn't know what the OT prophets really wrote and intended to convey and what we find is many battling points of view and an enormous pride and judging that goes on, such that e e is too proud to start again...."

In other words - according to your own understanding that you just acknowledged - you understand that post boils down to "e v e doesn't know what e v e believes."

It is irrational.

The facts are we have (fragmented) manuscript evidence of the NT that date to within a single generation of the original writings. We therefore know what the first century Jewish converts to The Way understood the OT to be saying. If they were inspired by God then all the drama secular anthropologists imagine is irrelevant.

Do you believe God is responsible for His revelation, e v e?

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                              No, that "situation" is self-contradictory.

There is no Christianity to know what Christianity is if what you say is true. You, e v e, cannot rationally claim something exists in one breath and then say it has not idea what it is in the next. If we were to do a simple word replacement we would have

"e v e doesn't know what the OT prophets really wrote and intended to convey and what we find is many battling points of view and an enormous pride and judging that goes on, such that e e is too proud to start again...."

In other words - according to your own understanding that you just acknowledged - you understand that post boils down to "e v e doesn't know what e v e believes."

It is irrational.

The facts are we have (fragmented) manuscript evidence of the NT that date to within a single generation of the original writings. We therefore know what the first century Jewish converts to The Way understood the OT to be saying. If they were inspired by God then all the drama secular anthropologists imagine is irrelevant.

Do you believe God is responsible for His revelation, e v e?
                              soon you will see for yourself.
                              and I hope you remember all this and try to find eden.

christianity is specific souls... so of course there is christianity...

the criticism was, to the establishment, the leaders and the dogmas they bully upon souls. And their fake prophets and their collections of truisms filled with fake care for souls.

I dont belong to the establishment i commented on.

Im not part of their house divided.

I belong to God who created Eden. His revelation is starting. And I believe every word He says.
                              Last edited by CarmAdmin1; 10-13-19, 08:09 AM. Reason: No violation

Comment

Working...
                              X