Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great White Throne Judgment (General Resurrection) with Book of Life & Books of Works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great White Throne Judgment (General Resurrection) with Book of Life & Books of Works

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.
    15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
    (Rev 20:11-15, ASV)

Who is present at the GWTJ? Everyone who the sea, death, and Hades gives up. This includes Christians (evidence: the Book of Life is present), non-Christians who have done faithful good works, anti-Christians who knowingly and deliberately reject God, and etc.....

The presence of the Book of Life demonstrates that Christians are present, fulfilling John 5:24. The Book of Life (Jesus, more specifically) will absolve believers of any judgment concerning all their repented sins (those who worked out their salvation). As for all others who did not directly know the Author of Life there are the other mentioned books to vouch for their good works and to receive salvation. For those who maintain their anti-Christianity, well I'll leave that up to God.

Notice in verse 15 the "if" clause is on those "any was not found written in the book of life" (unbelievers) meaning that it is the presence of unbelievers that is speculated. Therefore, logic dictates that believers are present. Now if everyone was an unbeliever then Rev 20:15 should have said something like and everyone was cast into the Lake of Fire. Also,if everyone present was an unbeliever then why present and open the Book of Life other than to taunt, mock, or prove anything to unbelievers? God doesn't need to prove anything in order to justify His Judgments.

Notice that ALL books (Book of Life and books of our works) will be opened in front of us all. God will pull out all the stops in order for as many as can be saved will be saved. “They were judged every man according to their works”. “And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.” Notice the sequence: Good Works gives Life, which begs the question: No Good Works gives No Life?

There is one General Resurrection of the Dead mentioned in the Bible and this is it. The Bible does mention a "first resurrection" (Rev 20:5) which is our baptism in the death & resurrection of Christ.

Also, Matt 25:31-46 aligns very well with Rev 20:11-15 in demonstrating that all nations and people are present when the goats are separated from the sheep.

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
    11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.
    15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
    (Rev 20:11-15, ASV)

Who is present at the GWTJ? Everyone who the sea, death, and Hades gives up. This includes Christians (evidence: the Book of Life is present), non-Christians who have done faithful good works, anti-Christians who knowingly and deliberately reject God, and etc.....

The presence of the Book of Life demonstrates that Christians are present, fulfilling John 5:24. The Book of Life (Jesus, more specifically) will absolve believers of any judgment concerning all their repented sins (those who worked out their salvation). As for all others who did not directly know the Author of Life there are the other mentioned books to vouch for their good works and to receive salvation. For those who maintain their anti-Christianity, well I'll leave that up to God.

Notice in verse 15 the "if" clause is on those "any was not found written in the book of life" (unbelievers) meaning that it is the presence of unbelievers that is speculated. Therefore, logic dictates that believers are present. Now if everyone was an unbeliever then Rev 20:15 should have said something like and everyone was cast into the Lake of Fire. Also,if everyone present was an unbeliever then why present and open the Book of Life other than to taunt, mock, or prove anything to unbelievers? God doesn't need to prove anything in order to justify His Judgments.

Notice that ALL books (Book of Life and books of our works) will be opened in front of us all. God will pull out all the stops in order for as many as can be saved will be saved. “They were judged every man according to their works”. “And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.” Notice the sequence: Good Works gives Life, which begs the question: No Good Works gives No Life?

There is one General Resurrection of the Dead mentioned in the Bible and this is it. The Bible does mention a "first resurrection" (Rev 20:5) which is our baptism in the death & resurrection of Christ.

Also, Matt 25:31-46 aligns very well with Rev 20:11-15 in demonstrating that all nations and people are present when the goats are separated from the sheep.
    is that the water baptism of the RCC? how does that align with the verses below?

Rev 20 kjv

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Also,if everyone present was an unbeliever then why present and open the Book of Life other than to taunt, mock, or prove anything to unbelievers? God doesn't need to prove anything in order to justify His Judgments.

Actually, it is very simple.

Philippians

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
      2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father
      We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist. Martin Luther (Aug. 18, 1520)

Comment

The presence of the Book of Life demonstrates that Christians are present.
        First of all - - The Christians who are resurrected / caught up in the rapture, whether dead or alive, will have already been judged at the judgement seat of Christ.

Secondly --- as Mica has already pointed out, all of the Christians who died during the Tribulation period, will have been resurrected and judged.

Finally - - - - Although the scriptures do not say, I believe that believers from the Millennial Kingdom will be judged prior to the Great White Throne Judgement. I am, however, not dogmatic on this issue. I just do not know.

I have every reason to believe that only unbelievers will be at the GWTJ.
        We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist. Martin Luther (Aug. 18, 1520)

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
          is that the water baptism of the RCC? how does that align with the verses below?
          Perfectly. I see no counterargument from you.

Rev 20 kjv

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years
          Wonderful verses of passed-away Christian Saints who are Priests of Christ right now. This is before the General Resurrection of Rev 20:11-15, as evidenced by the fact that Rev 20:4 is talking about "souls". No reunion of soul and body yet in Rev 20:4.

Comment

Originally posted by leonard03782 View Post
            Actually, it is very simple.

Philippians

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
            2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father
            These verses also prove my point that there are for sure believers present. Keep the verses coming.

Comment

First of all - - The Christians who are resurrected / caught up in the rapture, whether dead or alive, will have already been judged at the judgement seat of Christ.
              Are you saying that there are multiple General Resurrections? You need to prove that with passages.

Secondly --- as Mica has already pointed out, all of the Christians who died during the Tribulation period, will have been resurrected and judged.
              What is your definition of resurrection? If it is the reuniting of body and soul then that's not the case in Rev 20:4-6.

Finally - - - - Although the scriptures do not say, I believe that believers from the Millennial Kingdom[B] will be judged prior to the Great White Throne Judgement. I am, however, not dogmatic on this issue. I just do not know.

It doesn't matter what I believe or what you believe. The important thing is what the Bible reveals. Rev 20 is a nice and tidy general overview of major events. Only one General Resurrection is mentioned there and throughout the entire Bible.

Comment

15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.(Rev 20:11-15, ASV)

All the books are opened to all who receive from God that same information where all of heaven is opened to you that was opened to Jesus in Matt 3:16. It is the same opening that Adam received when he became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22, it was opened to Abraham on the mountain, it was opened to Moses on the mountain, it was opened to Jesus in Matt 3:16, it was opened to Mary, it was opened to 120 and others we read of and us all today where God came and opens up His heaven an reveals His Christ in us all, which Christ simply means to be anointed of God to have His same Spirit, same mind, same walk as He walks same light, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

That great white throne isn't a physical place, the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation, it is within you, Luke 17:20-21. but most dont believe Jesus that it is.

The revelation of the Christ that we read of is only a metaphor for what happens in man when they do receive from God and all of His heaven is opened to you. Jesus referred to this new information as born again. Even Jesus didnt know God or His heaven until God came to that man by His Spirit and opened it all up to him, but most don't believe that happened in Jesus either from lack of receiving from God the same. There is no other way to know Gods kingdom least you receive from Him the very same as Jesus and all of these others did. Not many actually follow the way of Christ to be anointed of God to have His same mind same light, information, anointing, to have the same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus do they. And we who has overcome all these religious interpretations spawned from carnality instead of God Himself be their way, and those who has received where God has come and opened up His way to us do sit with Him in His throne this day. Rev 3:21.

The books are about you and who you are or are not like the Father of it all as we are supposed to be like Him, He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him,. see Jesus prayer to his God for us to be in John 17. And until that happens His books are closed for there is no way to know Him at all least it is by the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus. reading a book is not going to revel Gods Spirit it only leads you to that place for encounter
                The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Finally - - - - Although the scriptures do not say, I believe that believers from the Millennial Kingdom will be judged prior to the Great White Throne Judgement. I am, however, not dogmatic on this issue. I just do not know.

You are dead already least you come to life in Christ which is to be anointed of God by His Spirit. Jesus was dead to this information until God came to him by His Spirit and made him alive in the Father. See Matt 3:16. No one knows God least the same Spirit comes to you who was in Christ Jesus and opens it to you as well. Those who has missed Him in the past it is to late to know Him for once one has crossed over and in a grave there is no coming back from it there is a great gulf fixed and there is no coming back form it. The grave is not going to reveal God it is to late to know Him by then for He is at your door knocking this day wanting to reveal Himself in you.
                  The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post
                    All the books are opened to all who receive from God that same information where all of heaven is opened to you that was opened to Jesus in Matt 3:16. It is the same opening that Adam received when he became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22, it was opened to Abraham on the mountain, it was opened to Moses on the mountain, it was opened to Jesus in Matt 3:16, it was opened to Mary, it was opened to 120 and others we read of and us all today where God came and opens up His heaven an reveals His Christ in us all, which Christ simply means to be anointed of God to have His same Spirit, same mind, same walk as He walks same light, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
                    That great white throne isn't a physical place, the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation, it is within you, Luke 17:20-21. but most dont believe Jesus that it is.
                    The revelation of the Christ that we read of is only a metaphor for what happens in man when they do receive from God and all of His heaven is opened to you. Jesus referred to this new information as born again. Even Jesus didnt know God or His heaven until God came to that man by His Spirit and opened it all up to him, but most don't believe that happened in Jesus either from lack of receiving from God the same. There is no other way to know Gods kingdom least you receive from Him the very same as Jesus and all of these others did. Not many actually follow the way of Christ to be anointed of God to have His same mind same light, information, anointing, to have the same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus do they. And we who has overcome all these religious interpretations spawned from carnality instead of God Himself be their way, and those who has received where God has come and opened up His way to us do sit with Him in His throne this day. Rev 3:21.

The books are about you and who you are or are not like the Father of it all as we are supposed to be like Him, He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him,. see Jesus prayer to his God for us to be in John 17. And until that happens His books are closed for there is no way to know Him at all least it is by the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus. reading a book is not going to revel Gods Spirit it only leads you to that place for encounter
                    Nice sermon-like comments. What about the fact that Rev 20:11-15 is talking about the General Resurrection that has not happened yet?

Comment

People who are caught up to God the same way Jesus was caught up to God and the same place in the Father that Jesus was at in the Father in Matt 3:16 with the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus walk in His kingdom this day for we are the temple of God, the place God resides, there is no other place for Him. Heaven is not a place we go to it is who we are this day to be like Him.

If you are any different from the example God sent for us to follow and be like and have our being in Him as His example had in Him then you do not follow His example for you to be like Him at all.

You know very well if you actually follow and is like the one God sent to show you His way to be like Him and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as the one God sent or not.

If you are waiting for some rapture to happen you have missed Him already.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post
                        You are dead already least you come to life in Christ which is to be anointed of God by His Spirit. Jesus was dead to this information until God came to him by His Spirit and made him alive in the Father. See Matt 3:16. No one knows God least the same Spirit comes to you who was in Christ Jesus and opens it to you as well. Those who has missed Him in the past it is to late to know Him for once one has crossed over and in a grave there is no coming back from it there is a great gulf fixed and there is no coming back form it. The grave is not going to reveal God it is to late to know Him by then for He is at your door knocking this day wanting to reveal Himself in you.
                        Jesus was and is always alive. He is the Son of God, after all.

Comment

. Also,if everyone present was an unbeliever then why present and open the Book of Life other than to taunt, mock, or prove anything to unbelievers? God doesn't need to prove anything in order to justify His Judgments.

Philippians

These verses also prove my point that there are for sure believers present. Keep the verses coming.
                          Equivocate much ?

Everyone appearing in front of the Throne of God is a believer in the sense of intellectual belief of facts.
                          Everyone bowing down before God is a believer in the sense of intellectual belief of facts.
                          Everyone thrown into the Lake of Fire is a believer in the sense of intellectual belief of facts.

that is different that those who accepted the God-given gift of faith

No one is an unbeliever standing in front of the Holy and Almighty God receiving the just punishment for their sins.

One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Jesus was and is always alive. He is the Son of God, after all.
                            Jesus was here for only a short 33 years. If you haven't noticed he is no longer with us. What remains is the same Spirit who was in Christ Jesus, the same one who was here from the beginning, and Adam was the first to receive Gods anointing to become like Him to know this difference, not Jesus. Many between Adam and Jesus received Gods anointing, which is the Christ. Christ simply means to be anointed of God, the anointed one. God never has changed, God didn't change into a man, He came into that man by His Spirit just as He does ion us all who receives form Him that same Spirit. From Adam to now it always has been that way. Adam, Abraham, Moses, Mary, Jesus, 120 and others received that same anointing from God by His Spirit, You can read the change in all of these when He did.

BTW all are sons of God who is born of God by His Spirit.

Comment

Nice sermon-like comments. What about the fact that Rev 20:11-15 is talking about the General Resurrection that has not happened yet?
                              If Christ is not raised from the dead and alive in you then it is for future for you and not happened yet in you. The revelation of the Christ is Christ revealed, risen from the dead, come to life, manifest in you just as He came to life and manifest Himself in Jesus in Matt 3:16 no different at all. He came to life in Adam , Abraham, Moses, 120 and all who has received Him as these did. That is the only way you will know His heaven at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X