Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Humility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

Amen and his way is without sin which comes with the choice and the same signs. works, follow those who do believe.
    sure jesus jr why don't you so to the cancer ward at your local hospital and heal all the sick.

oh I know why you cannot do that is because you only give Jesus lip service and you lack genuine faith, even the tiny faith of a mustard seed.

hope this helps !!!
    His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

BTW- HOS is a troll been dealing with her nonsense on the apologetics board for a while now. Best to just ignore the trolling comments.
      His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by civic View Post

sure jesus jr why don't you so to the cancer ward at your local hospital and heal all the sick.

oh I know why you cannot do that is because you only give Jesus lip service and you lack genuine faith, even the tiny faith of a mustard seed.

hope this helps !!!
        Been to the cancer ward many times, Cooks Children's hospital many time, prayed with and for people countless times, saw many miracles, saw the sick healed, saw people loose limbs, saw many die, saw some saved, saw some reject salvation. I have many testimonies I could share of peoples lives being changed, some for the good some for the bad just as Jesus experienced.

My own daughter was healed of breast cancer and you can follow her on social media Periscope under the title of go2kitchens, or visit her on facebook under go2kitchens. She had dedicated her life to her healing and helping the alike.

How about you, how many have you laid hands on and they were healed, how many have you lead to salvation, is any at all?

Im older now and don't go to the hospitals as I used to at least 5 times a week for years, Did prison ministry for 25 years and saw many, many miracles in there. I spent the year 2010 in the jungles of west Africa saw many miracles there, saw people saved, healed, saw people life change to that of Christ.

How about you, tell me how many you have lead to the lord if any at all, how many have you laid hands on and they were healed? How many times did you use your faith even as a tiny mustard seed to produce a tree the birds can rest in?

Oh' but you know why just as you say ... so do I!

May I ask why you mock the way of Christ to do these things as we are supposed to do? What is it about the Christ that would make such a statement as you and belittle anyone who does follow the way of Christ with the same signs following?

You act as if it is a joke to lay hands on the sick, or lead one to salvation, or any of the signs that does follow us who believe.

Only because you are incapable of doing the things Jesus said you would do if you believe doesn't mean others aren't, it only means that you aren't is all.

Lord change your disposition if that is possible, for your hate for righteousness as you have displayed is unbecoming to Christ. And you say you are a witness for Him? Makes ya wonder what He says about your witness doesn't it?

The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Did prison ministry for 25 years and saw many, many miracles in there.

how many have you laid hands on and they were healed?

You act as if it is a joke to lay hands on the sick, or lead one to salvation, or any of the signs that does follow us who believe.

Only because you are incapable of doing the things Jesus said you would do if you believe doesn't mean others aren't, it only means that you aren't is all.

You need to explain this Gary. Are you saying you've simply laid your hands on people and physically healed their sickness?

I'm having an Oral Roberts flashback....

Comment

Originally posted by Nebekednezzar View Post

You need to explain this Gary. Are you saying you've simply laid your hands on people and physically healed their sickness?

I'm having an Oral Roberts flashback....
            Absolutely haven't you? These signs follow those who believe, do you not believe? I don't understand a believer that doesn't do the things of Christ. If these signs don't follow you, and maybe they do, you need to explain this how that works Nebekednezzar. But I didn't heal anyone, that is Gods business, mine is only in obedience in intercession.

In 1966 I died on an operating table from massive head injuries from an auto accident in St Josephs Hospital in Fort Worth Tx. A lady of Christ laid hands on me and brought me back. Would God have done it without her I cannot say but during that time of death I was not saved and it wasn't pretty. No bright lights as some experience only total darkness and a fear like no other. A hot breath at the back of my neck and I could hear people screaming in torment and teeth snapping at the back of my neck. 4 weeks later I woke up and months later when I regained my senses I thought what a nightmare I had until the doctor told me I had expired on the operating table.

In November of 1974 I gave my life to God, I was 27 years old, had a 4 year old daughter, got baptized, Got a bible, my wife taught me how to read from it for I didn't know how to read, and I have done everything the Lord has asked of me. Been the Deacon, Elder, teacher, counselor, prison minister, fed the poor, the street people, been through the whole gamut of mans religions, and 30 years after I gave my life to God He came to me by His Spirit and opened up all of His heaven to me, and my ministry changed from the traditions of man in his churches, to actually walking in the Spirit of God. Finally I really understood what it is to be born again and become like Him for He came to me and manifest Himself in me. I always thought I was born again until He came to me and opend it all with nothing hidden that was hidden.
            Oral Roberts I didn't like, he sold Christ for money. I have no use for TV preachers at all, Bennie or Benny, how every you spell it, Joel, Haggie, not sure the spelling, Jessie, Swaggart, you name it, are not about Christ they are about money and has done more harm for Christ than the Devil ever did. In fact I don't have much use for preachers in general nor their denominations for they are no different from these TV guys they only wish they could be on the TV raising more money so they can do more spectacular things for God But I do have reverence for those who are out in the field trying to help people simply because they love them without all the hidden agendas that comes with their name on the marque.

Now my job is to present the same things Jesus presented and to receive from God that what Jesus receieved from Him to walk as He walks and do the things of God common to Him. But that is a daunting task not many are willing to accept. It is foolishness and drudgery for them to think they can be like Him with these same signs following them and perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. it just doesn't compute for most,

Would I do things different if I had it to do over again? Not one minute of it, but I do wish I would have listened a little closer to those who actually witnessed the meaning of what it is to be in Christ as Jesus was in Christ to me and the same way Jesus presented the Christ in the beginning of my salvation. To me they sounded as crazy as I sound to many in this forum until He came to me as He did Jesus and opened it all up, now I see Him as He is and became like Him. Now 1 John 3 is manifest in me.

The human side is to claim the promises of God. The divine side is to receive them.

Comment

Absolutely haven't you? These signs follow those who believe, do you not believe? I don't understand a believer that doesn't do the things of Christ. If these signs don't follow you, and maybe they do, you need to explain this how that works Nebekednezzar. But I didn't heal anyone, that is Gods business, mine is only in obedience in intercession.
              Have you ever levitated? And I'm not talking about a Texas tornado.

Comment

Who will deny Truth and say they did not sin this week?? and remember "liars" have a place in hell.

Comment

My own daughter was healed of breast cancer and you can follow her on social media Periscope under the title of go2kitchens, or visit her on facebook under go2kitchens. She had dedicated her life to her healing and helping the alike
                  Wonderful to hear this!

Sota

Comment

Been to the cancer ward many times, Cooks Children's hospital many time, prayed with and for people countless times, saw many miracles, saw the sick healed, saw people loose limbs, saw many die, saw some saved, saw some reject salvation. I have many testimonies I could share of peoples lives being changed, some for the good some for the bad just as Jesus experienced.

My own daughter was healed of breast cancer and you can follow her on social media Periscope under the title of go2kitchens, or visit her on facebook under go2kitchens. She had dedicated her life to her healing and helping the alike.

How about you, how many have you laid hands on and they were healed, how many have you lead to salvation, is any at all?

Im older now and don't go to the hospitals as I used to at least 5 times a week for years, Did prison ministry for 25 years and saw many, many miracles in there. I spent the year 2010 in the jungles of west Africa saw many miracles there, saw people saved, healed, saw people life change to that of Christ.

How about you, tell me how many you have lead to the lord if any at all, how many have you laid hands on and they were healed? How many times did you use your faith even as a tiny mustard seed to produce a tree the birds can rest in?

Oh' but you know why just as you say ... so do I!

May I ask why you mock the way of Christ to do these things as we are supposed to do? What is it about the Christ that would make such a statement as you and belittle anyone who does follow the way of Christ with the same signs following?

Lord change your disposition if that is possible, for your hate for righteousness as you have displayed is unbecoming to Christ. And you say you are a witness for Him? Makes ya wonder what He says about your witness doesn't it?
                    Isn't it ironic that in an thread about "humility", we have a poster BOASTING about his "healing powers".

I'll just leave that here...

Again, it seems that NOBODY actually wants to address the OP....
                    Sad...
                    "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                    but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                    -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

In 1966 I died on an operating table from massive head injuries from an auto accident in St Josephs Hospital in Fort Worth Tx. A lady of Christ laid hands on me and brought me back. Would God have done it without her I cannot say but during that time of death I was not saved and it wasn't pretty. No bright lights as some experience only total darkness and a fear like no other. A hot breath at the back of my neck and I could hear people screaming in torment and teeth snapping at the back of my neck. 4 weeks later I woke up and months later when I regained my senses I thought what a nightmare I had until the doctor told me I had expired on the operating table.

In November of 1974 I gave my life to God, I was 27 years old, had a 4 year old daughter, got baptized, Got a bible, my wife taught me how to read from it for I didn't know how to read, and I have done everything the Lord has asked of me. Been the Deacon, Elder, teacher, counselor, prison minister, fed the poor, the street people, been through the whole gamut of mans religions, and 30 years after I gave my life to God He came to me by His Spirit and opened up all of His heaven to me, and my ministry changed from the traditions of man in his churches, to actually walking in the Spirit of God. Finally I really understood what it is to be born again and become like Him for He came to me and manifest Himself in me. I always thought I was born again until He came to me and opend it all with nothing hidden that was hidden.
                      Oral Roberts I didn't like, he sold Christ for money. I have no use for TV preachers at all, Bennie or Benny, how every you spell it, Joel, Haggie, not sure the spelling, Jessie, Swaggart, you name it, are not about Christ they are about money and has done more harm for Christ than the Devil ever did. In fact I don't have much use for preachers in general nor their denominations for they are no different from these TV guys they only wish they could be on the TV raising more money so they can do more spectacular things for God But I do have reverence for those who are out in the field trying to help people simply because they love them without all the hidden agendas that comes with their name on the marque.

Now my job is to present the same things Jesus presented and to receive from God that what Jesus receieved from Him to walk as He walks and do the things of God common to Him. But that is a daunting task not many are willing to accept. It is foolishness and drudgery for them to think they can be like Him with these same signs following them and perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. it just doesn't compute for most,

Would I do things different if I had it to do over again? Not one minute of it, but I do wish I would have listened a little closer to those who actually witnessed the meaning of what it is to be in Christ as Jesus was in Christ to me and the same way Jesus presented the Christ in the beginning of my salvation. To me they sounded as crazy as I sound to many in this forum until He came to me as He did Jesus and opened it all up, now I see Him as He is and became like Him. Now 1 John 3 is manifest in me.
                      Awesome Testimony, God keep you alive because He wanted to use you for His propose. I took my daughter inlaw to the Navy hospital in San Diego the day before her operation to remove a massive brain tumor and 5 top Doctors and surgeons took me into a room and told me they would do their best but be prepared for the worst.

She was saved at the time, I was praying... her church was praying we all laid hands on her. So next day I take her back (my son was deployed and couldn't get back) I'm in the waiting room, they call me back into the same room as the day before and tell me the tumor was gone no need to do the surgery. That was 16 years ago and I just saw her the other day and she fine, still serving the Lord and knows she is a miracle. Its been my experience that when God uses me (or allows me to be part of) that far from making me proud it has the opposite effect and it's very humbling.

And thank you for being a good servant I'm sure you will hear that again someday soon.
                      All men see God in creation but suppress the evidence in sin. Good apologists for the Christian faith always remember that. As you prepare to defend the faith, study the truths of the faith and pray that minds will receive them. And Have Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
                        "No man can be thoroughly humbled until he knows that his salvation is utterly beyond his own powers, devices, endeavors, will, and works, and depends entirely on the choice, will, and work of another, namely, of God alone."
                        -- Martin Luther
                        I'm just gonna leave this here...
                        God has assuredly promised His grace to the humble [1 Peter 5:5], that is, to those who lament and despair of themselves.

For as long as he is persuaded that he himself can do even the least thing toward his salvation, he retains some self-confidence and does not altogether despair of himself, and therefore he is not humbled before God, but presumes that there is – or at least hopes or desires that there may be – some place, time, and work for him, by which he may at length attain to salvation. But when a man has no doubt that everything depends on the will of God, then he completely despairs of himself and chooses nothing for himself, but waits for God to work; then he has come close to grace, and can be saved. -- Martin Luther

Ok I picked it up
                        All men see God in creation but suppress the evidence in sin. Good apologists for the Christian faith always remember that. As you prepare to defend the faith, study the truths of the faith and pray that minds will receive them. And Have Fun!

Comment

Hope is not faith at all, hope is the thing that what you wish will happen. Faith manifests that what you hope for to happen.
                          Biblical hope is steadfast confidence for the future (NOT wishful thinking); and that can only be had if one looks away from himself, to the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:2,3 (EMTV)
                          2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.
                          3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Heb. 12:2 (LITV) looking to the Author and Finisher of our faith, Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, "and sat down at the right" of the throne of God.
                          John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Comment

Hope is not faith at all, hope is the thing that what you wish will happen. Faith manifests that what you hope for to happen.
                            Hope is basically the constancy of our faith. Without hope, there is little or no faith. Also, without much faith, there is usually little hope. We know that faith increases by reading the testimonies of the saints of old. We can read just how faithful God was in the past, and since we know that God does not change (Mal 3:6), we know for certain that He is the same God then as He is now. Increase your faith by the reading of the Word, and you’ll likely strengthen your hope, for hope is really faith with feet on it.

Comment

Hebrews 6:18-19
                              New American Standard Bible
                              18 so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.
                              19This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil

hope this helps !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
                                "No man can be thoroughly humbled until he knows that his salvation is utterly beyond his own powers, devices, endeavors, will, and works, and depends entirely on the choice, will, and work of another, namely, of God alone."
                                -- Martin Luther
                                I'm just gonna leave this here...
                                Yup when life beats you down enough even us tuff guys learn that we can't keep lifting ourselves up, down for the count.

Drawing Near to God
                                …9James 4:10-Grieve, mourn, and weep. Turn your laughter to mourning, and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you(life you up).

Comment

Working...
                                X