Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [“Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?”
    **Amos‬ *3:6‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/amo.3.6.kjvQUOTE=Winman;n4571792]

Mumbo jumbo double-talk. If God "unchangeably" decrees everything a man will do before he is born, he is nothing but a programmed robot, even if the man himself believes he is acting of his own free will.

No, if God "unchangeably" decreed everything that comes to pass, then God CAUSED everything, including sin.

Dude, you are just deceiving your own self.

[/QUOTE]

“Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?”
    http://bible.com/1/amo.3.6.kjv

No conviction,No conversion

John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

Isaiah 45:6-7

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
      that there is none beside me.
      I am the Lord, and there is none else.
      I form the light, and create darkness:
      I make peace, and create evil:
      I the Lord do all these things.
      Thanks. I like to offer an answer but I stop after a while; that's what the Bible says to do when you get at an impasse. I always argue in a way which shows they believe the same or very much like the point they argue against; and it still doesn't work on them...

This is why Providence is swept under the rug these days...
      Isaiah 53:10-11 NKJV 'When You make His soul an offering for sin, God shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.'

Providence ~ The red headed Stepchild of Contemporary Theologians...
      New-Protestant Reformation Dec 2009

Comment

Isaiah 45:6-7

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
        that there is none beside me.
        I am the Lord, and there is none else.
        I form the light, and create darkness:
        I make peace, and create evil:
        I the Lord do all these things.

“Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?”
        http://bible.com/1/amo.3.6.kjv
        Would some of you pelagians like to put your spin on these two verses, I would like to hear it..........seriously.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Would some of you pelagians like to put your spin on these two verses, I would like to hear it..........seriously.
          As far as I know, there aren't any posters on these forums identifying themselves as Pelagians.
          by faith we understand...
          Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

Sure, when you SERIOUSLY answer these two verses Determinist.

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Jer 7:31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

See how easy it is to go through the Bible and "cherry pick" specific verses to make the Bible SEEM to say what you WANT it to say? These two verses absolutely seem to contradict and refute the verses you showed.

Explain these two verses to me, Determinist. SERIOUSLY.

None but a poor Christian will bestow a wrong appellation, on any man: and none but a bad man will kill even a bad man, with an unlawful weapon. - REV. RALPH EMERSON

Comment

• Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post

Thanks. I like to offer an answer but I stop after a while; that's what the Bible says to do when you get at an impasse. I always argue in a way which shows they believe the same or very much like the point they argue against; and it still doesn't work on them...

This is why Providence is swept under the rug these days...
              You are welcome to explain Hosea 8:4 and Jeremiah 7:31. Explain these two verses to me.

Hos 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Jer 7:31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

Exactly how does God unchangeably decree men will do something he did not tell them to do as we are told in these two verses? How does God decree something he did not command? Isn't a decree by definition a command?

How do you explain these verses to agree with your creed?

None but a poor Christian will bestow a wrong appellation, on any man: and none but a bad man will kill even a bad man, with an unlawful weapon. - REV. RALPH EMERSON

Comment

• Originally posted by sethproton View Post

as far as i know, there aren't any posters on these forums identifying themselves as pelagians.
                lol lol !

Comment

• Originally posted by Winman View Post

Sure, when you SERIOUSLY answer these two verses Determinist.

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

See how easy it is to go through the Bible and "cherry pick" specific verses to make the Bible SEEM to say what you WANT it to say? These two verses absolutely seem to contradict and refute the verses you showed.

Explain these two verses to me, Determinist. SERIOUSLY.

Nice dodge Winnie. I asked first.................your two verses are simple and they don't teach what you wish they did.

Comment

Nice dodge Winnie. I asked first.................your two verses are simple and they don't teach what you wish they did.
                    It was not a dodge, and whether you understand it or not, I directly answered the verses you posted, by showing that anybody can cherry pick particular verses to make the Bible appear to support their particular creed.

The verses I posted are just as true as the verses you posted, but contradict your man-made creed. Obviously God does not meticulously decree every action of man, but allows him some freedom, else they could not do things he did not want them to do, things he NEVER commanded.

Whether you know it or not, I REFUTED your view with scripture.

Comment

we see who responded, didn't we Seth and Winnie. Lol

Comment

It was not a dodge, and whether you understand it or not, I directly answered the verses you posted, by showing that anybody can cherry pick particular verses to make the Bible appear to support their particular creed.

The verses I posted are just as true as the verses you posted, but contradict your man-made creed. Obviously God does not meticulously decree every action of man, but allows him some freedom, else they could not do things he did not want them to do, things he NEVER commanded.

Whether you know it or not, I REFUTED your view with scripture.
                        Exactly who said man has no freedom ( hint it wasn't me ) ? I just exposed your red herring .

Comment

Exactly who said man has no freedom ( hint it wasn't me ) ? I just exposed your red herring .
                          Calvinism has God "unchangeably" decreeing that men would do things he says he does not want them to do.

How messed up is that?

It is one thing to say God allows men to sin to a degree, it is quite another to say he meticulously decrees ALL things that come to pass, and THAT is what most Calvinists teach and believe.

Comment

we see who responded, didn't we Seth and Winnie. Lol
                            I am NOT a Pelagian. In fact, Pelagius himself was not a Pelagian, he did not believe men could come to God without God's grace as many (Calvinists) have falsely accused him.

I do not believe that any man could come to God unless God had revealed the gospel to that man and draws him to Christ, so I am not a Pelagian either.

Calling people Pelagians is just a smear tactic Calvinists use when they are losing the debate, which is MOST of the time.

Comment

I am NOT a Pelagian. In fact, Pelagius himself was not a Pelagian, he did not believe men could come to God without God's grace as many (Calvinists) have falsely accused him.

I do not believe that any man could come to God unless God had revealed the gospel to that man and draws him to Christ, so I am not a Pelagian either.

Calling people Pelagians is just a smear tactic Calvinists use when they are losing the debate, which is MOST of the time.
                              i asked for pelagians to respond, you and Seth did so immediately. You are a hoot.

Comment

i asked for pelagians to respond, you and Seth did so immediately. You are a hoot.
                                I knew quite well you were accusing ME of being a Pelagian, and that is why I responded. Paul was "happy" to respond to people who falsely accused him of blasphemy.

Acts 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:
                                2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:

Just because Paul gladly responded to those who accused him of blasphemy does not mean he was guilty of such. Likewise, because I respond to your false accusation does not mean I am a Pelagian.

Comment

Working...
                                X