Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Concerning salvation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumped for Bigboy

It would be interesting to look into the closets of some of Bigboys religious hero's of ages past and talk about their skeletons.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
      Bumped for Bigboy

It would be interesting to look into the closets of some of Bigboys religious hero's of ages past and talk about their skeletons.
      it would be more interesting to read a post of yours ,that showed you had an understanding of ANY subject.

Remember you don't baptize babeez therefore Calvin would put You to death, but hey that's just what he did in that era, after all boys will be boys.

No conviction,No conversion
      John 16:8
      And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Bumped for Bigboy

Nothing is stopping you from opening the closet and looking in is there.........you can figure out how to use a door knob, can't ya ?
        And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

it would be more interesting to read a post of yours ,that showed you had an understanding of ANY subject.

Remember you don't baptize babeez therefore Calvin would put You to death, but hey that's just what he did in that era, after all boys will be boys.
          Yes, boy will be boys.

Comment

That's the attitude of all the defenders of the reformation demonic murders like Calvin and Luther
            If I'm being accused of being one of the "defenders of the reformation demonic murders like Calvin and Luther," would you please elaborate as to what you perceive to be "the attitude"?

Comment

Here is some of Luthers hyperbole :

INTOLERANCE OF OTHER CHRISTIANS

"That seditious articles of doctrine should be punished by the sword needed no further proof. For the rest, the Anabaptists hold tenets relating to infant baptism, original sin, and inspiration, which have no connection with the Word of God, and are indeed opposed to it. ... Secular authorities are also bound to restrain and punish avowedly false doctrine ... For think what disaster would ensue if children were not baptized? ... Besides this the Anabaptists separate themselves from the churches ... and they set up a ministry and congregation of their own, which is also contrary to the command of God. From all this it becomes clear that the secular authorities are bound ... to inflict corporal punishment on the offenders ... Also when it is a case of only upholding some spiritual tenet, such as infant baptism, original sin, and unnecessary separation, then ... we conclude that ... the stubborn sectaries must be put to death."

Source: Dave Armstrong. "Pamphlet of 1536" in Martin Luther and The Protestant Inquisition
              (Janssen, X, 222-223; pamphlet of 1536)
              Strike three.

Luther did not write this. Melanchthon wrote it. It is not therefore, "Luthers[sic] hyperbole."

Comment

• Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

Hey... When critics hitch their wagon to anti-Trinitarian pagans like Servetus, doesn't that speak volumes?
                If Servetus did not believe Jesus and the Father are one and the same God then he did not understand God or the Bible.
                I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by James Swan View Post

Strike three.

Luther did not write this. Melanchthon wrote it. It is not therefore, "Luthers[sic] hyperbole."
                  You are full of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Swan View Post

Strike three.

More hyperbole from Luther :

Martin Luther

Luther exhibited the same vicious hatred and jealousy of the Jews, as later characterized the rule of Adolph Hitler. In early pamphlets, he called upon Christians to take the Bible from Jews, to burn their books and synagogues with pitch and brimstone, and to forbid their worship under penalty of death. He described Jews as young devils doomed to hell who should be driven out of the country. And, in his final sermon before he died, Luther once more called down the vengeance of heaven upon the Jews.

Comment

You are full of it.
                      You have no idea who you are talking to or about bigboy. You are dealing with a real biblical scholar and historian in Mr Swan. It would do you some good to listen to what he has to say on this forum.

hope this helps !!!
                      His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

• Originally posted by civic View Post

You have no idea who you are talking to or about bigboy. You are dealing with a real biblical scholar and historian in Mr Swan. It would do you some good to listen to what he has to say on this forum.

hope this helps !!!
                        Thanks for the advice Civic.

I have seen Swan on the Luthern forum deny and defend anything Luther ever did.

I have zero respect for him.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Civic.

I have seen Swan on the Luthern forum deny and defend anything Luther ever did.

I have zero respect for him.
                          Oh, so that makes. him wrong and you right?

Pride comes before the fall.

Comment

Oh, so that makes. him wrong and you right?

Pride comes before the fall.
                            Crowcross I was just wondering if you have ever heard a little Ankle biting dog that yaps all the time but nobody takes it seriously.............I have.

Comment

Crowcross I was just wondering if you have ever heard a little Ankle biting dog that yaps all the time but nobody takes it seriously.............I have.

You're kinda like debating a JW or Mormon....I don't really know about the ankle biting dog.

Comment

During salvation a lot happens at once.
                                The bottom line is this...God enables us, just as you said.

The real question is, why would one person be enabled by God and accept Christ while another person be enabled and reject Christ? That's the million dollar question the free willers don't answer.
                                I've got no problem with it at all. For about 15 YEARS I was "enabled by God" at times, and rejected Him - until the last time in '63. And if I'd been CONFIDENT of another chance I might have rejected Him then too. "Surrendering" was a tremendous mountain to climb overmantally and emotionally, but things got REALLY BLESSED on the other side. I rejected Him for any number of reasons, mainly that I didn't want to change anything, and I had a VERY distorted concept of what Christianity was all about.

SImple as that. I don't know why anybody who HAS been Born again of the Spirit would have a problem with the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X