Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Bad Arminian Apologetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Josheb View Post
    lol! You can't fire me I quit!

I have no idea what you're talking about. It was claimed I said "let it go," but I never said any such thing. I never implied any such thing. What I stated quite plainly is you need to self-correct the ad hominems and straw men. The evidence shows it isn't me who needs to "cop" to what he's done. I had one post in this op edited because I broke the rule about discussing others. You have had several posts edited or deleted, more than all the other posters combined! and now I'm reading some misguided attempt to place boundaries on whether or not I'll have to read any more misguided posts based on my "copping" to something I never said - in avoidance of self-correcting the many, many errors made throughout this discussion?

Consider this, Seth: There's a troll in this op. That troll is mostly being ignored and the reason the troll is being ignored is because we all know there's no hope in change and no hope in cogent discourse. With you our responses are different, and the chief reason is because we believe with you change and thereby cogent discourse might be different. Our pointing out the flaws in what we read should considered accordingly. It works win-win for us because if our hope is proven out then cogent discourse occurs. If not then you've proven yourself just another troll. "Troll"? Yes. Folks who chronically post ad hominem and straw men after being corrected do so with the evidence of wanton disregard for correction. I can assure you that if that's the guy you want to be we'll let you be that guy and treat the posts accordingly.

So you don't want to correct your own errors and not continue? Fine by me. You want me to "cop" to something I posted? Fine, then show me what I posted - what I actually posted - and I'll gladly reply, "Yep, I posted that." But, Seth, you proving I posted something incorrect doesn't change the fact that I received ad hominems and straw men and baseless claims and those ad hominems and straw men and baseless claims warrant correction. Log, not speck.
    Dude, you promoted yourself as an expert and me as a person who needed to learn from you. YOU now deny it, but it's in your post.
    by faith we understand...
    Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

• Originally posted by SethProton View Post

Dude, you promoted yourself as an expert and me as a person who needed to learn from you. YOU now deny it, but it's in your post.
      he is an expert and you are from being an expert seth.....................................just sayin.

you have much to learn from Josheb but you are not teachable and I have learned allot from him on CARM.

and just so you don't throw out the Calvin card which I know is coming from you I have also learned from Arminians such as davenoonan, Travelah and Tibiasdad on the forum.

so your strawman argument has been nipped in the bud.............................

hope this helps !!!
      His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

• Originally posted by civic View Post

he is an expert and you are from being an expert seth.....................................just sayin.
        Ok, so you agree with me.

Comment

Ok, so you agree with me.
          no I don't since you CANNOT provide a link to your "claim".

I'm just agreeing Josheb is an expert and you are not. He is professionally trained with degree's and you are not.

hope this helps !!!
          His true identity as both Lord (κύριος used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (θεός used by the LXX to translate Elohim)netbible John 20:28[In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3) refer to the Son. Of the remainder most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent. 1 John 5:20, Wallace

Comment

I'm just agreeing Josheb is an expert and you are not. He is professionally trained with degree's and you are not.

hope this helps !!!
            And he was claiming to be an expert hoping to teach me. You agree he said that. He denies he said it.

Comment

hope this helps !!!
              Seth is to a expert. He told me so.

Comment

• Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

in JW apologetics...........................

Comment

And he was claiming to be an expert hoping to teach me. You agree he said that. He denies he said it.
                  no I NEVER agree with you on any level on this forum I cannot agree with any false teacher about anything as they are all spiritually BLIND.

I agree that Josheb is an expert and you are not. That is what I said so quit twisting what people say like you do with the scriptures.

hope this helps !!!

Comment

Yes. thanks for remembering.
                    Isn't it funny how you pretend you don't understand anything i say to you, but that one statement stuck with you?
                    You need to become an expert too. Keep studying.
                    Or like i once heard someone say: People who think they know everything irritate those of us who do.

Comment

Isn't it funny how you pretend you don't understand anything i say to you, but that one statement stuck with you?
                      Or like i once heard someone say: People who think they know everything irritate those of us who do.
                      oh the irony

false teaching have a way of coming back to our minds....................................

Comment

I will never become a expert. The difference between you and I is I know it.

Your understanding of definition appears to be agree with Seth or you simply don't understand my scholarly arguments. lol I understand totally and REJECT most of the ignorance you try to foist upon this forum.

You heard them say that and yet you didn't take it to heart and continue to irritate with your illogical inconsistent contradictory theology

Comment

I will never become a expert. The difference between you and I is I know it.
                          Then you are disobeying the Bible intentionally. 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
                          Originally posted by reformedguy View Post
                          You heard them say that and yet you didn't take it to heart and continue to irritate with your illogical inconsistent contradictory theology
                          That's just mindless name calling on your part, unrelated to anything I have said or done, which is why you keep your insults generic because they are not based on truth,

Comment

Then you are disobeying the Bible intentionally. 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
                            That's just mindless name calling on your part, unrelated to anything I have said or done, which is why you keep your insults generic because they are not based on truth,
                            That says nothing about becoming a expert. If anyone violates that scripture its you my friend.

I have to keep it generic. You would report me otherwise which I see you finally admitted tp did despite telling me you never have. While your reading scripture look up the parts about lying

Comment

That's what people like you say when they think they are experts but really aren't.

You claim to have taken a "class" in logical fallacies.
                              Maybe you actually have, I don't know.

If you did, you don't seem to have understood the PURPOSE of learning about fallacies.

The purpose is to (1) recognize fallacious arguments in others, and (2) avoid using fallacies yourself.
                              You seem to think the purpose of learning about fallacies is to USE them yourself.

"I am an expert, you need to listen to me."
                              That's a logical fallacy, Seth.
                              "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                              but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                              -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by SethProton

nothing but insults from you. Carry on in whatever spirit it is you listen to.
                                I know itís difficult for you to face the truth you see in the mirror but what you saw was a reflection .

hope this helps !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X