Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The pride of the freewiller and denial of Grace salvation !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seabass View Post

Opinion and bias, nothing Bible based to see here.
    It exposes self righteousness and pride.

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post

Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
      Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke's fable produced justification (Luke 18:14)
      by saying;
      God, be merciful to me a sinner! (Luke 18:13).

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

You are promoting salvation by the humility of the sinner, not by the work of Christ. Thats pride and self righteousness. Boasting
      Luke 's fable states that the publican who humbled himself,
      by saying;
      'God, be merciful to me a sinner', went home justified(Luke 18:13).

That is justification by asking for mercy.

Where is the faith in that ???

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

by saying;
        God, be merciful to me a sinner! (Luke 18:13).

by saying;

That is justification by asking for mercy.

Where is the faith in that ???
        You are still promoting Justification by humility,thats pride and self righteousness. Look at me, im more humble than you and asked God to be merciful to me a sinner. Maybe if you humble yourself like I did God will justify you also. All the attention is on what you done, boasting on yourself !

Comment

conq
          by saying; God, be merciful to me a sinner! (Luke 18:13).
          False statement. Nothing is said about justification being produced in those scriptures, thats your conjecture !

Comment

by saying;

You are still promoting Justification by humility,thats pride and self righteousness. Look at me, im more humble than you and asked God to be merciful to me a sinner. Maybe if you humble yourself like I did God will justify you also. All the attention is on what you done, boasting on yourself !
            Luke is promoting justification by humility.
            I point out that this cannot be !!!!

Last edited by Conqueror; 08-10-18, 08:41 AM.

Comment

by saying;

You are promoting justification by humility. Luke didnt make your post.

Comment

by saying;

I suggest that you stop accusing me falsely.

I never promoted justification by humility.

Comment

conq

by saying; God, be merciful to me a sinner! (Luke 18:13).
                  Luke didnt post this false statement, you did !

Comment

Luke didnt post this false statement, you did !
                    I suggest that you read Luke's pseudo-gospel
                    in which the publican humbled himself, by saying;

'God, be merciful to me a sinner', went home justified (Luke 18:13).

Comment

I suggest that you read Luke's pseudo-gospel
                      in which the publican humbled himself, by saying;

'God, be merciful to me a sinner', went home justified (Luke 18:13).

Again Lk 18:13-14 says nothing about anything producing Justification. Thats your false statement. Thats all i have to say about it

Comment

It exposes self righteousness and pride.
                        Where does the Bible teach obeying God is self-righteousness and pride? Was Abraham self-righteous and prideful for obeying God, Heb 11:8.17?
                        1 Jn 3:10......... whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God.........

Comment

Originally posted by Seabass View Post

Where does the Bible teach obeying God is self-righteousness and pride? Was Abraham self-righteous and prideful for obeying God, Heb 11:8.17?
                          I never said obeying God is self righteousness and pride. You are probably in the wrong thread. Reread the OP and point out where its says:

obeying God is self-righteousness and pride?
                          If you cant find that admit you are either misrepresenting what i stated or you made a mistake.

Comment

Scripture states we are justified by faith; your theology promotes justification by election.

1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
                              Scripture states we are justified by faith; your theology promotes justification by election.
                              You must be in the wrong thread, its not about being justified by faith. I do have threads on that if you care to find them and we can discuss that.

Comment

I never said obeying God is self righteousness and pride. You are probably in the wrong thread. Reread the OP and point out where its says:

If you cant find that admit you are either misrepresenting what i stated or you made a mistake.
                                You posted in the OP:
                                Now this false teaching fosters pride and self righteousness in the sinner because it takes Salvation out of the sole doing of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ wherein by that He secures the Salvation for everyone He lived and died and instead puts it into the hands of the will and or decision of the individual sinner. That isn't the Gospel of Jesus Christ !

Secondly it promotes self righteousness because the sinner now believes that it was something in the sinner themselves that made the difference between saved and lost.

Abraham's obedience take salvation out of the sole doing of God? No, for his WILLFUL OBEDIENCE was part of his justification.

Abraham's obedience had nothing to do with his salvation? No, for his WILLFUL OBEDIENCE to God was the reason God justified him.

So according to your OP you are accusing Abraham of pride and self righteousness because His WILLFUL OBEDIENCE was why he was justified.
                                1 Jn 3:10......... whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God.........

Comment

Working...
                                X