Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

For whom did Christ die

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

how have you not derailed ops by introducing your doctrine into a foreign context

What has it to do with an Arminian - Calvinism discussion
    If you want to discuss things in the proper FORUM then do so and give me a link and I will join you.

How many understand who Jesus on any topic on any FORUM.

It is the Spirit of Christ that teaches us in all discussions and we ought t oknow him who speaks to us

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

If you want to discuss things in the proper FORUM then do so and give me a link and I will join you.

How many understand who Jesus on any topic on any FORUM.

It is the Spirit of Christ that teaches us in all discussions and we ought t oknow him who speaks to us

God bless you,

SeventhDay
      Tom replies

Well I came here to discuss Arminian - Calvinist issues

On the proper board you should find many desiring to discuss such issues
      Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

Tom replies

Well I came here to discuss Arminian - Calvinist issues

On the proper board you should find many desiring to discuss such issues
        Well, just remember that Christ is among you and in some of you and those who you discuss with and he is the most important contribution to any discussion any where!

God bless you,

SeventDday

Comment

Well, just remember that Christ is among you and in some of you and those who you discuss with and he is the most important contribution to any discussion any where!

God bless you,

SeventDday
          It's still off topic

Comment

It's still off topic
            Jesus speaking to the posters is never off topic! Right?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Jesus speaking to the posters is never off topic! Right?

God bless you,

SeventhDay
              Tom replies

You are not Jesus and you are off topic

Comment

• Another specific statement by the Apostle Paul specifying exactly for whom Christ died, His Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Now His Church and His Sheep are the same Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                  Another specific statement by the Apostle Paul specifying exactly for whom Christ died, His Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Now His Church and His Sheep are the same Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
                  Tom notes

You cannot accept one verse and reject another

If one verse states Christ died for a specific group while

another verse states he died for all

then we must believe Christ died for all

dying for all can account for dying for the church

dying for the church only cannot account for dying for all

so you must falsify scripture

Comment

Tom notes

You cannot accept one verse and reject another

then we must believe Christ died for all

dying for all can account for dying for the church

dying for the church only cannot account for dying for all

so you must falsify scripture
                    I havent rejected any verse, however you have. Now according to Paul in Eph 5:25 who did Christ specifically give Himself for ?

Comment

• tom

Then common sense would tell you that He died for all of that specific group. The word all teaches that. Its the word pas:

páseach, every; each "part(s) of a totality"

pás ("each, every") means "all" in the sense of "each (every) part that applies." The emphasis of the total picture then is on "one piece at a time." 365 (ananeóō) then focuses on the part(s) making up the whole – viewing the whole in terms of the individual parts.

Comment

I havent rejected any verse, however you have. Now according to Paul in Eph 5:25 who did Christ specifically give Himself for ?
                        Tom replies

Sure you did and not just one

Hebrews 2:9 (KJV)
                        9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 (KJV)
                        4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
                        5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
                        6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

John 6:51 (KJV)
                        51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Comment

Tom replies

Sure you did and not just one

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
                          5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
                          Who did Paul say Christ died for specifically in Eph 5:25?

Comment

1Cor 8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

Who did Paul say Christ died for specifically in 1Cor 8:11?

Comment

Tom replies

You are not Jesus and you are off topic
                              That was not called for!

Let God guide you in all you think, say and do.

God bless you.

SeventhDay

Comment

Tom replies

You are still trying to ignore what these verses say

5 For
                                there is
                                one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

you need to be able to harmonize all verses

You are not harmonizing them if you ignore them

Comment

Working...
                                X