Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Does God Ordain Evil? Reference list!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

Answer the question please

. Was God unaware of the actions that His creatures would perform after He created them ? Yes or No
    Tom replies

I believe I already told you yes

but

Knowing of and determining sin are two different things

God is holy that is separate from sin

Your theology however destroys his holiness making him the author of sin

It makes God both criminal and cop , arsonist and fireman
    Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

but

If you say yes, then you blaspheme God because you dont believe He knew the actions of His creatures before He created them. You dont believe God is Omniscience !

Comment

• Originally posted by ttruscott View Post

Agreed, all these things happened by HIS determinate will to achieve HIS ends [B]but [/B]their sinfulness, the reason they were so hostile to Christ and YHWH, was NOT DETERMINED by HIM but arose by their free will decision to rebel against HIS call to them to put their faith in HIM pre-earth, pre-conception.
        The part I've underlined is unscriptural nonsense! There is precisely zero biblical support for this anti-Christian fantasy.

You are telling me that HE manipulates sinners to do HIS will to further HIS plan of the redemption of the sinful elect.
        I said NOTHING about manipulation, as I've told you before.

I know HE does that so I agree with this but I do NOT agree that this means HE created them evil to do these evil deeds. Rather HE uses the sinfulness of those who made themselves evil by their free will decision to be rebellious to HIM to make good out of their desire to do evil.
        Ever since Adam fell, we are all born evil. This is why everyone who is unregenerate sins habitually.

Ps. 51:5 (HCSB) Indeed, I was guilty when I was born; I was sinful when my mother conceived me.

This is King David's confession, whom God, later in David's life, calls "a man after my own heart".
        John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Comment

Tom replies

No I did not ignore it

There is a world of difference between God redeeming particular evil determinations of evil men and using it for a good purpose and God determining all the evil determinations of evil men
          with no redemptive purpose

Lurkers should note the twisting involved in the above sentence. Here is what Scripture says.

Acts 2:23 (KJV) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 4:27,28 (KJV)
          27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
          28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

---The Bible (not the other poster's claims) says that Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles and people of Israel did what God had previously determined to be done; but the other poster says that God "redeemed" the evil determinations of people.

It's obvious that these are very different. God's people will believe the Bible, not that other poster.
          John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Comment

If you say yes, then you blaspheme God because you dont believe He knew the actions of His creatures before He created them. You dont believe God is Omniscience !
            Tom replies

hello

I affirmed his does know the action of his creatures before he created them

your statement is confused

Comment

• tom

No you didnt, so you problems keeping up with what you are posting. But in any case, since God knows the choices His creatures will make before they exist, evil choices, the question now is could God had He so willed, made His creatures so that they would not choose sinfully ? Or could He have kept them from sinning Yes or No ?

Comment

tom

No you didnt, so you problems keeping up with what you are posting. But in any case, since God knows the choices His creatures will make before they exist, evil choices, the question now is could God had He so willed, made His creatures so that they would not choose sinfully ? Or could He have kept them from sinning Yes or No ?
                Tom replies

You better read again

previously

. Was God unaware of the actions that His creatures would perform after He created them ? Yes or No

Tom replies

but

Last edited by TomL; 02-17-19, 12:57 PM.

Comment

It really is an affront to God's character to imagine God determines the evil sins of man
                  IF determines means to "cause to be evil" then yes. If it means to direct the self caused/chosen evil of a person to go in a certain direction, then no. Fair?
                  I champion GOD’s holiness:
                  - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
                  - Evil is creature-created by their free will.

I champion Our Free will:
                  - All were created with a free will able to chose for HIM or against HIM.

Comment

Now did God predetermine to make man and the devil ? Yes or No
                    Sure - AFTER THEY CHOSE TO BE EVIL by their free will.

Comment

Ok then. God purposed and ordained sin and evil into His World lest you think God didn't already know before He created men and devil they'll be responsible for sinning.
                      The world is not all of creation. When HE created everyone HIS image in the Spirit word, He did NOT know who would choose to be evil, either eternally evil or temporarily evil as proven by the fact that if HE had known before their creation who would end in hell, HE WOULD NOT HAVE CREATED THEM. Their end in hell proves that HE held HIS omniscience in abeyance or because HE did not create the results of their free will decisions and HE only knows HIS works, Acts 15:18, HE did not know those results before the person created them.

IF at the moment of choice everyone created in HIS image had chosen to accept YHWH's claims to be our GOD and HIS Son our savior then the heavenly marriage would have started at that moment and if HE then decided to create a physical universe it would have contained no sin, no death and no suffering. Ever.

Since some did rebel against HIS claims etc then this world HE created for these sinners IS full of the consequences of sin, death, evil and suffering and is doomed to destruction.

Was God unaware of the actions that His creatures would perform after He created them ? Yes or No
                      YES, HE was unaware! GOD does not create as a work the results of our free will decisions. HE does know the results of the decisions of a sinner whose will is enslaved by the addictive nature of evil so HE knows all the actions of mankind before rebirth.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. If the results of our free will decisions are not part of HIS works, that is, not a part of HIS creative decrees, then HE does not know them.

I remember you pretending that you could not even understand this argument so I write it out again for any other reader who might appreciate it.

Comment

Sure - AFTER THEY CHOSE TO BE EVIL by their free will.
                        You not making sense.

Comment

The world is not all of creation. When HE created everyone HIS image in the Spirit word, He did NOT know who would choose to be evil, either eternally evil or temporarily evil as proven by the fact that if HE had known before their creation who would end in hell, HE WOULD NOT HAVE CREATED THEM. Their end in hell proves that HE held HIS omniscience in abeyance or because HE did not create the results of their free will decisions and HE only knows HIS works, Acts 15:18, HE did not know those results before the person created them.

IF at the moment of choice everyone created in HIS image had chosen to accept YHWH's claims to be our GOD and HIS Son our savior then the heavenly marriage would have started at that moment and if HE then decided to create a physical universe it would have contained no sin, no death and no suffering. Ever.

Since some did rebel against HIS claims etc then this world HE created for these sinners IS full of the consequences of sin, death, evil and suffering and is doomed to destruction.

YES, HE was unaware! GOD does not create as a work the results of our free will decisions. HE does know the results of the decisions of a sinner whose will is enslaved by the addictive nature of evil so HE knows all the actions of mankind before rebirth.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. If the results of our free will decisions are not part of HIS works, that is, not a part of HIS creative decrees, then HE does not know them.

I remember you pretending that you could not even understand this argument so I write it out again for any other reader who might appreciate it.
                          You serve a a different god than I do. The God i serve isn't unaware of anything.

Comment

Where does it say in the Bible that the pagan Greek definition that what HE knows is "all that can be known for eternity past to eternity future?" is the truth? Acts 15:18 says HE knows all of HIS works since the beginning of the world, ie, so it puts the end to the pagan definition forever but the Church fathers who idolized the Greeks brought it into the Church and you still are under its sway...

BUT YOUR definition blasphemes GOD by having HIM create those HE KNOWS will go to hell ! a doctrine that contains NO love, NO righteousness and NO justice yet you are satisfied with it because you feel you must deny our pre-earth existence. So be it.

Comment

Tom replies

hello

your statement is confused
                              Look at his question again, Tom, it is backwards to the usual way of asking about HIS omniscience....ie, yes affirms HE does NOT know.

Comment

You not making sense.
                                Your failure to understand is that you believe our conception / birth on earth is our creation and every time you hear I believe we were created long before our conception on earth you metaphorically put your fingers in your ears, waggle them and claim I make no sense. Bin here before but at least now you are polite about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X