Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Apparently...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently...

A Calvinist could not have chosen NOT to believe the gospel, eh? And not to receive regeneration, salvation, faith, etc. How would they prove such a thing?

skypair

Originally posted by skypair View Post
    A Calvinist could not have chosen NOT to believe the gospel, eh? And not to receive regeneration, salvation, faith, etc. How would they prove such a thing?

skypair
    It's only "Theology".

Comment

skypair
      1) Why do we even NEED to? Nobody's forcing you to become a Calvinist. So why are you trying to goad us into trying to get you to "believe" something you've made perfectly clear you don't want to believe, and we're not interested in trying to change your mind?

2) Read the Bible. THAT will "prove" it to you.
      "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
      but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
      -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

skypair
        I like being Gods puppet...I wish I were better at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

1) Why do we even NEED to? Nobody's forcing you to become a Calvinist. So why are you trying to goad us into trying to get you to "believe" something you've made perfectly clear you don't want to believe, and we're not interested in trying to change your mind?

2) Read the Bible. THAT will "prove" it to you.
          Unless, of course, it doesn't. "Calvinism" isn't the ONLY systematic. There are others.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

If God is the determiner of all things then God determines the non Calvinist to not be a Calvinist

Any idea why that might be ?

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

A Calvinist could not have chosen NOT to believe the gospel, eh?
              Neither could any other Christian. Calvinists are not unique in that regard.
              And not to receive regeneration, salvation, faith, etc. How would they prove such a thing?

skypair
              I choose to believe the gospel throughout every day. I have received regeneration and as a consequence have faith by which I work out my salvation knowing it is God who works in me to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.

No one can prove their salvation to another so that question is just dumb. At best it betrays a failure to understand the oxymoronic nature of "proving" one's salvation. Similarly, no one can prove a negative, either. So proving what one cannot not choose is foolishness. We have, of course, come, to expect such nonsense from you, skypair.

Just a little bit of thought would have prevented this nonsense of an op from being posted. Now posters will argue tangential stuff and this op will Fail all the same.
              All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

skypair
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

A ventriloquist's doll, who doesn't know who is using him.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

If God is the determiner of all things then God determines the non Calvinist to not be a Calvinist

Any idea why that might be ?

No opinion ?
                    Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

skypair
                      You know that we're Sola Scripturists, and a primary definition of it is that the Bible is the highest and final arbiter of all spiritual disputes...

Pentecostalism is not...
                      New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
                        Of course, that just shows that you are NOT His puppet, eh?

skypair

Comment

skypair
                          He was being Clever; at least that's how I took it...
                          New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                            Neither could any other Christian. Calvinists are not unique in that regard.
                            Really? So Christians can't choose not to believe God? or not to believe in Jesus Christ?

I choose to believe the gospel throughout every day. I have received regeneration and as a consequence have faith by which I work out my salvation knowing it is God who works in me to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.
                            How do you know you have received regeneration? Do you know that if you believe the gospel and the Bible, that you have received the Spirit of God .. but are still not saved?

No one can prove their salvation to another so that question is just dumb.
                            Maybe .. but do you know that, in the mustard tree, the birds that nest there are pretty obvious? It is pretty obvious that they don't belong in the tree, Josh. It's not like tare among the wheat of the OT Judaism. Man-made theologies stick out like sore thumbs. I am sure that you are aware of this as you look around the "church scene," aren't you?

Similarly, no one can prove a negative, either. So proving what one cannot not choose is foolishness.
                            I thought about that .. but I decided that there is a difference between belief and faith that might be missed by those who answer. Sure, we know that those who believe are convinced to believe .. but they can choose not to put their faith in Christ .. instead choosing to believe their own theology.

skypair

Comment

skypair
                              eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X