Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Calvinists can tell the difference... can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

LOL is neither persuasive or biblical argumentation

Rather it is a sign one is not able to provide such

The passage you have been unable to address

Deuteronomy 30:11-19 (NIV2011)
    11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.
    12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
    13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
    14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
    15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.
    16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
    17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them,
    18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
    19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

You made a claim I'm simply asking you to prove your premise.

You said God has given you libertarian free will. Fine. CHAPTER AND VERSE IF YOU WOULD PLEASE. Your so called proof text mentions nothing about God giving you libertarian free will. You need Tom glasses to see it.

Comment

Tom replies

No the KJV is not a bad translation
      Then we can agree “it is not to difficult” in the sense that it is “not hidden from them”!

Deuteronomy 30:11 King James Version (KJV)
      11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee , neither is it far off.
      2 Timothy 2:24-26

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

You made a claim I'm simply asking you to prove your premise.

You said God has given you libertarian free will. Fine. CHAPTER AND VERSE IF YOU WOULD PLEASE. Your so called proof text mentions nothing about God giving you libertarian free will. You need Tom glasses to see it.
        tom replies

You ignored it

Had you actually tried to deal with the passage given and attempted to see how itr coincides with the definition you might have learned something

God clearly states they were able to do what he asked of them

but they were to chose
        Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

God clearly states ...
          You said, "clearly", right?
          I mean, I'm not putting words in your mouth, right?

Okay...

Can you please quote your verse again, and then red-bold the word, "able", since you say "God clearly states" that?

Thanks in advance...
          "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
          but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
          -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Sketo View Post

Then we can agree “it is not to difficult” in the sense that it is “not hidden from them”!

Deuteronomy 30:11 King James Version (KJV)
            11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee , neither is it far off.
            tom replies

We can agree it is not too difficult

Deuteronomy 30:11 (NASB)
            11 "For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.

Deuteronomy 30:11 (NIV2011)
            11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.

Deuteronomy 30:11 (ESV)
            11 “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off.

Deuteronomy 30:11 (HCSB)
            11 “This command that I give you today is certainly not too difficult or beyond your reach.

Deuteronomy 30:11 (NET1)
            11 “This commandment I am giving[19] you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it too remote.

Deuteronomy 30:11 (NRSV)
            11 Surely, this commandment that I am commanding you today is not too hard for you, nor is it too far away.

etc

Comment

tom replies

You ignored it

Had you actually tried to deal with the passage given and attempted to see how itr coincides with the definition you might have learned something

but they were to chose
              I didn't ask for coincides. You said God has given you libertarian free will. So lets try again. Where are you told by God you were given libertarian free will??

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

Millions of Christians (who have studied the Bible backwards and forwards, in English and in the original languages) disagree with you.
                There are millions of atheists, miillions of muslims, millions of everything. Appealing to numbers is the weakest argument possible.

Why should we throw away our brains and blindly accept your opinion?
                I am asking you to use your brain but you fight that tooth and nail. John 6 has nothing to do with free will or election, and it has been fulfilled. Oh yeah, you will respond to everything I say EXCEPT that.

Besides, the discussion shouldn't be about the red herring of "Calvin", it should be about WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH?
                The bible teaches that john 6:39 was about the 12 disciples, and has been fulfilled. "Calvin" teaches that verse is about election and applies to an entirely different group, and is being fulfilled still. The false teacher gets exposed again, and his followers get upset.

John 6
                39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 17
                12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 18
                9 That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

Thats the simplest example, and it should be the easiest to understand.

That's why YOUR doctrine is the "false doctrine", not Calvin's.
                All I did was highlight what the bible says, and compared it to adherents of calvins, and determined calvin and his adherents to be false teachers. Its pretty straightforward.

Where does the BIBLE teach "you have the free will to..."?
                In the ot there exists "freewill offerings" and that same word is used across multiple situations, so the understanding was there. As well as places like joshua 24:15. You are free to willingly accept precept or reject it.

NOWHERE.
                Two other posters are currently showing you the truth of the scriptures concerning free will, and you thumb your nose at the bible each time. Do you want me to give those same verses too, so you have a chance to say "NUH UH" to me too? I will go a different route.

But the Bible DOES teach in GENERAL, that our wills are not "free", but that they are "enslaved in sin"
                Nope not even. The bible teaches that our bodies are enslaved in sin, not our will, and it is our own will that yields the body to sin:

Romans 6
                16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

If you freely choose not to understand pauls distinction, thats your free will choice to do so. Here it is again anyway:

Romans 7
                23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

There it is again, the enslavement is not of the will, but of the body (members). Thoughts enter into the heart and become actions, and sinful actions enslave after one yields themselves.

and that we are "unable" to come to Christ
                Romans 6:16, one yields themselves righteous by obedience too. Its just downright goofy to think that paul would write that while thinking a person cant actually do it.

we are "unable" to please God, we are "unable" to understand the things of God
                Its impossible to please God without faith, and Jesus also taught that faith comes before regeneration (john 5:24). Theres a whole 'nother thread about that. Paul makes the statement in romans 8:8 concerning the mind, which again, is renewed first. The flesh is sinful (romans 8:3) and enslaved in/by sin (romans 6:19), which is why paul says to be renewed by the spirit of your mind (romans 12:1-2).

"enslaved" is the OPPOSITE of "free" (in case you weren't aware).
                A persons mind isnt their flesh (in case you werent aware).

"inability" is the OPPOSITE of "free" (in case you weren't aware).
                Unable isnt the same as unwilling (in case you werent aware).

Comment

Originally posted by cadwell View Post

There are millions of atheists, miillions of muslims, millions of everything. Appealing to numbers is the weakest argument possible.
                  Um, wrong.
                  Expecting us to blindly accept your false teachings, when the Bible clearly teaches against you, THAT is "the weakest argument possible".

I am asking you to use your brain but you fight that tooth and nail.
                  I DO "use my brain".
                  That's why I know you teach falsehood.
                  I'd have to give myself a frontal lobotomy to blindly accept your false teachings.

And fallaciously and falsely accusing me of "not using [my] brain", simply because I reject your false teachings, is insulting and not Christian.

John 6 has nothing to do with free will or election, and it has been fulfilled.
                  You offer no reasons to accept your false claim above.

The bible teaches that ....
                  Here is your problem.

Who died and made YOU the boss of what "the Bible teaches"?
                  I can read the Bible just as well as you can.
                  I can even read it in Greek.

When you tell me that "the Bible teaches that...", I can read the Bible, and I can see that you are WRONG.
                  To ignore that you are wrong, and blindly accept your false teachings anyway, is asking me to turn off my brain.
                  And I'm sorry, but I REFUSE to do that, simply because it apparently bruises your ego.

john 6:39 was about the 12 disciples, and has been fulfilled.
                  That is simply false.
                  And you haven't demonstrated it to be true.
                  So I reject your FALSE teachings.

"Calvin" teaches that verse is about election and applies to an entirely different group, and is being fulfilled still. The false teacher gets exposed again, and his followers get upset.
                  I really don't care what "Calvin teaches", just as I really don't care what YOU teach.
                  I only care about what the BIBLE teaches.
                  Maybe you should lose your obsession with "Calvin"?

Oh, that's right.... You need his name as a label, and as an excuse to reject any Biblical teachings you don't happen to like.

John 6
                  39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 17
                  12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 18
                  9 That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

Thats the simplest example, and it should be the easiest to understand.
                  We're talking about John 6, not John 17-18.
                  You clearly don't know the first thing about studying the Bible.

All I did was highlight what the bible says, and compared it to adherents of calvins, and determined calvin and his adherents to be false teachers. Its pretty straightforward.
                  And all *I* did was highlight what the Bible says, and compared it to the adherents of Arminians and Pelagians, and determined that they and you are FALSE teachers. "Its [sic] pretty straightforward".

In the ot there exists "freewill offerings" and that same word is used across multiple situations, so the understanding was there.
                  Wrong again.
                  The Hebrew word translated as "freewill" in those verses simply means "voluntary", and refers to any sacrifices over and above those prescribed by the law. It does NOT mean, "men have free will".

As well as places like joshua 24:15.
                  Sorry, but I've heard the same lame and bankrupt arguments for decades.
                  Joshua 24:15 doesn't teach, "men have free will".
                  And since you haven't even TRIED to make an argument that it does, there's nothing for me to need to respond to.

You are free to willingly accept precept or reject it.
                  Wrong again.
                  You are simply ASSUMING your imaginary "free will".

God COMPELS me to reject your abuse and twisting of His holy word.

Two other posters are currently showing you the truth of the scriptures concerning free will, and you thumb your nose at the bible each time.
                  Wrong again.
                  I have NEVER "thumbed my nose at the Bible".
                  I simply thumb my nose at your blasphemous MISREPRESENTATIONS of the Bible.
                  If you don't understand the difference, then I suggest to you that you are not qualified to be a "Bible teacher".

Do you want me to give those same verses too, so you have a chance to say "NUH UH" to me too? I will go a different route.
                  Why waste my time simply repeating what others have said?
                  Unless you are admitting that you can't think for yourself?

Nope not even. The bible teaches that our bodies are enslaved in sin, not our will, and it is our own will that yields the body to sin:
                  Wrong again.
                  But again, since you offer no valid exegesis, but only make bankrupt "claims", there is no reason for me to accept your false teachings.

If you freely choose not to understand pauls distinction, thats your free will choice to do so. Here it is again anyway:
                  <chuckle>

You simply ASSUME "freely choose", and "free will choice", every chance you get.
                  You've simply brainwashed yourself into believing it's true.
                  But it's NOT BIBLICAL.

Romans 6:16, one yields themselves righteous by obedience too. Its just downright goofy to think that paul would write that while thinking a person cant actually do it.
                  Ad hominem.
                  Not a valid argument.
                  Again, I suggest to you that being a "Bible teacher" is probably not the best career for you.

Its impossible to please God without faith, and Jesus also taught that faith comes before regeneration (john 5:24).
                  Wrong again.
                  John 5:24 doesn't even MENTION "regeneration".

A persons mind isnt their flesh (in case you werent aware).
                  Thank you for the insult.
                  Of course I'm aware.

And once again, insulting people is NOT the sign of a good "teacher".

Unable isnt the same as unwilling (in case you werent aware).
                  <chuckle>

So now you have to REDEFINE terms to try to make them fit your false teachings.

No wonder you can NEVER be our "teacher".
                  "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist

Comment

I DO "use my brain".

We don't need "apostolic evidence".
                    The word of God isn't needed by the adherents of TULIP.

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
                    Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

• Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
                      Um, wrong.
                      Expecting us to blindly accept your false teachings, when the Bible clearly teaches against you, THAT is "the weakest argument possible".
                      No point can be sufficiently made with "everyone else is doing it". Appealing to large numbers just shows that your argument cannot stand on its own.

I DO "use my brain".
                      That's why I know you teach falsehood.
                      I'd have to give myself a frontal lobotomy to blindly accept your false teachings.
                      And fallaciously and falsely accusing me of "not using [my] brain", simply because I reject your false teachings, is insulting and not Christian.
                      Neither is falsely accusing me of demanding blind acceptance. You brought up brains and blindness, if you had such a great and valid position such inflammatory language would not be necessary. But you have no valid argument, so here we are.

You offer no reasons to accept your false claim above.
                      The reasons are stated plainly by Jesus. Here it is again:

John 6

John 17

John 18

John John 17:12 proves that what Jesus says in john 6:39 is about the 12. John 18:9 proves that what Jesus said about the 12, has already been fulfilled. False teaching suggests john 6:39 is about the elect, and is still being fulfilled today. That goes against clear and concise bible teaching. Calvinism (and any other doctrine that mishandled this passage) is false.

Here is your problem.
                      This shows you must resort to a personal attack, because you cannot actually refute anything I've said.

Who died and made YOU the boss of what "the Bible teaches"?
                      I can read the Bible just as well as you can.
                      I can even read it in Greek.
                      So now instead of discussing the bible, I have to take the time to remind everyone that I never said I was the boss of anything. Personal attacks are just as weak as appealing to numbers.

When you tell me that "the Bible teaches that...", I can read the Bible, and I can see that you are WRONG.
                      To ignore that you are wrong, and blindly accept your false teachings anyway, is asking me to turn off my brain.
                      And I'm sorry, but I REFUSE to do that, simply because it apparently bruises your ego.
                      Another personal attack that adds nothing to the discussion. Do you have anything of any real substance to add?

That is simply false.
                      And you haven't demonstrated it to be true.
                      So I reject your FALSE teachings.
                      Repeating a false claim doesnt make it true, so telling me I'm wrong over and over again doesnt help your case.

I really don't care what "Calvin teaches", just as I really don't care what YOU teach.
                      I only care about what the BIBLE teaches.
                      Maybe you should lose your obsession with "Calvin"?
                      Odd that you have such a problem with me mentioning calvin when this very board bears his name.

Oh, that's right.... You need his name as a label, and as an excuse to reject any Biblical teachings you don't happen to like.
                      Another false personal attack. I am as free to mention calvin on the CALVINISM board as you are to accept his false teachings.

We're talking about John 6, not John 17-18.
                      You clearly don't know the first thing about studying the Bible.
                      One more time:

John 6

John 17

John 18

We are talking about whether or not john 6 applies to anyone today. That answer is no, because careful bible study reveals that what Jesus said in john 6 applied to the 12 and has already been fulfilled (see john 17 and 18).

Wrong again.
                      The Hebrew word translated as "freewill" in those verses simply means "voluntary", and refers to any sacrifices over and above those prescribed by the law. It does NOT mean, "men have free will".
                      This is what most of these talks are reduced to: a person telling me free will doesnt mean free will.

Sorry, but I've heard the same lame and bankrupt arguments for decades.
                      Joshua 24:15 doesn't teach, "men have free will".
                      And since you haven't even TRIED to make an argument that it does, there's nothing for me to need to respond to.
                      Romans 6:16 and joshua 24:15 are parallel verses. When johsua says "choose this day who you will serve", paul makes it clear that the understanding is one "yields himself" to that choice, and it is his will that is free to choose while the "members" are whats enslaved if a person chooses sin. You falsely claim mans "will" is enslaved when it isnt.

Wrong again.
                      You are simply ASSUMING your imaginary "free will".
                      God COMPELS me to reject your abuse and twisting of His holy word.
                      Wrong again.
                      I have NEVER "thumbed my nose at the Bible".
                      I simply thumb my nose at your blasphemous MISREPRESENTATIONS of the Bible.
                      If you don't understand the difference, then I suggest to you that you are not qualified to be a "Bible teacher".
                      Why waste my time simply repeating what others have said?
                      Unless you are admitting that you can't think for yourself?
                      This is just a bunch of filler. Non answers simply there to take up space.

Wrong again.
                      But again, since you offer no valid exegesis, but only make bankrupt "claims", there is no reason for me to accept your false teachings.
                      You reject where paul says that our members are the servants of sin (romans 6:19)? False teaching says the will is enslaved.

<chuckle>

You simply ASSUME "freely choose", and "free will choice", every chance you get.
                      You've simply brainwashed yourself into believing it's true.
                      But it's NOT BIBLICAL.
                      Another non answer. What does paul mean by "yield yourselves servant to obey" in romans 6:16? Or "you yielded your members" servants in verse 19?

Ad hominem.
                      Not a valid argument.
                      Again, I suggest to you that being a "Bible teacher" is probably not the best career for you.
                      More non answers. You wont even touch romans 6, like you wont touch john 17 and 18. Your false teaching says mans will is enslaved, paul says his body is. Deal with that.

Wrong again.
                      John 5:24 doesn't even MENTION "regeneration".
                      John 5
                      24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
                      25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

I am afraid to even ask what you think "regeneration" means.

Thank you for the insult.
                      Of course I'm aware.
                      And once again, insulting people is NOT the sign of a good "teacher".
                      If I am being insulting, so were you when you said it first. You still havent dealt with your error in saying the will is enslaved to sin, when the bible says the flesh is whats actually enslaved.

<chuckle>

So now you have to REDEFINE terms to try to make them fit your false teachings.

No wonder you can NEVER be our "teacher".
                      Have you ever heard the phrase "willing and able"? Those two words are necessary because they mean different things. You conflate the two, laugh at yourself, and then call me a false teacher for knowing how to use a dictionary. Our will is does not server sin, our "members" (flesh) does. Even paul says that his will is to do the things of Christ, but is at constant battle with his sinful flesh (romans 7:23), which is the same point Jesus made (matt 26:41). You havent accounted for any of this.
                      Last edited by cadwell; 02-21-19, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

I didn't ask for coincides. You said God has given you libertarian free will. So lets try again. Where are you told by God you were given libertarian free will??
                        Tom replies

come out of your denial

Libertarian free will notes the ability to refrain or not refrain in a given moral situation

God clearly indicated they had the ability to obey and stated if they did not they would be cursed

In Israel's history they were often cursed

12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
                        13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
                        14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
                        16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
                        17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them,
                        18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
                        19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

deal with it

Comment

You said, "clearly", right?
                          I mean, I'm not putting words in your mouth, right?

Okay...

Can you please quote your verse again, and then red-bold the word, "able", since you say "God clearly states" that?

Thanks in advance...
                          Tom replies

Take a guess what not too difficult means

and try to come up with a better argument

Comment

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Take a guess what not too difficult means

and try to come up with a better argument

I see...

So you're simply ASSUMING your position, and then fallaciously shifting the burden of proof to your opponent.
                            That's not a valid hermeneutic.
                            No wonder you can never be our "teacher".

Comment

• Originally posted by cadwell View Post

No point can be sufficiently made with "everyone else is doing it". Appealing to large numbers just shows that your argument cannot stand on its own.

Neither is falsely accusing me of demanding blind acceptance. You brought up brains and blindness, if you had such a great and valid position such inflammatory language would not be necessary. But you have no valid argument, so here we are.

The reasons are stated plainly by Jesus. Here it is again:

John 6

John 17

John 18

John John 17:12 proves that what Jesus says in john 6:39 is about the 12. John 18:9 proves that what Jesus said about the 12, has already been fulfilled. False teaching suggests john 6:39 is about the elect, and is still being fulfilled today. That goes against clear and concise bible teaching. Calvinism (and any other doctrine that mishandled this passage) is false.

This shows you must resort to a personal attack, because you cannot actually refute anything I've said.

So now instead of discussing the bible, I have to take the time to remind everyone that I never said I was the boss of anything. Personal attacks are just as weak as appealing to numbers.

Another personal attack that adds nothing to the discussion. Do you have anything of any real substance to add?

Repeating a false claim doesnt make it true, so telling me I'm wrong over and over again doesnt help your case.

Odd that you have such a problem with me mentioning calvin when this very board bears his name.

Another false personal attack. I am as free to mention calvin on the CALVINISM board as you are to accept his false teachings.

One more time:

John 6

John 17

John 18

We are talking about whether or not john 6 applies to anyone today. That answer is no, because careful bible study reveals that what Jesus said in john 6 applied to the 12 and has already been fulfilled (see john 17 and 18).

This is what most of these talks are reduced to: a person telling me free will doesnt mean free will.

Romans 6:16 and joshua 24:15 are parallel verses. When johsua says "choose this day who you will serve", paul makes it clear that the understanding is one "yields himself" to that choice, and it is his will that is free to choose while the "members" are whats enslaved if a person chooses sin. You falsely claim mans "will" is enslaved when it isnt.

This is just a bunch of filler. Non answers simply there to take up space.

You reject where paul says that our members are the servants of sin (romans 6:19)? False teaching says the will is enslaved.

Another non answer. What does paul mean by "yield yourselves servant to obey" in romans 6:16? Or "you yielded your members" servants in verse 19?

More non answers. You wont even touch romans 6, like you wont touch john 17 and 18. Your false teaching says mans will is enslaved, paul says his body is. Deal with that.

John 5
                              24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
                              25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

I am afraid to even ask what you think "regeneration" means.

If I am being insulting, so were you when you said it first. You still havent dealt with your error in saying the will is enslaved to sin, when the bible says the flesh is whats actually enslaved.

Have you ever heard the phrase "willing and able"? Those two words are necessary because they mean different things. You conflate the two, laugh at yourself, and then call me a false teacher for knowing how to use a dictionary. Our will is does not server sin, our "members" (flesh) does. Even paul says that his will is to do the things of Christ, but is at constant battle with his sinful flesh (romans 7:23), which is the same point Jesus made (matt 26:41). You havent accounted for any of this.
                              And you continue to be unable to provide a valid argument.
                              No wonder you are so unconvincing.
                              Better luck next time?

Comment

And you continue to be unable to provide a valid argument.
                                No wonder you are so unconvincing.
                                Better luck next time?
                                The inability/unwillingness to even mount a defense of your false doctrine is the most deafening silence.

But the Bible DOES teach in GENERAL, that our wills are not "free", but that they are "enslaved in sin",
                                Where does the bible teach that our wills are enslaved to sin? You claim will isnt free because its enslaved, and that the bible teaches this, without actually showing where/how. Where does the bible "generally" teach this?

Comment

Working...
                                X