Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Calvinists can tell the difference... can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
    And you continue to be unable to provide a valid argument.
    And neither are you able.

But the difference is that I have no OBLIGATION to "provide an ... argument".
    I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything.
    I don't CARE if you reject Reformed theology.
    You have no OBLIGATION to accept Reformed the theology.

But YOU have failed to prove Reformed theology to be "false".
    Too bad, so sad, huh?

No wonder you are so unconvincing.
    Better luck next time?
    Let's see... It was never my GOAL to be "convincing".

But YOU seem to want to "convince" others that Reformed theology is "false".
    And you have FAILED miserably.
    How do you get out of bed in the morning?
    "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
    but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
    -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

Provide witnesses for Reformed Theology

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
      (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Comment

• Originally posted by cadwell View Post

Where does the bible teach that our wills are enslaved to sin?

For if when we were enemies
        we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son ....
        (Rom 5:10)

There is no case for Total Depravity,
        when the death of Jesus reconciled his unbelieving enemies.

Provide witnesses for that those, who were reconciled to God
        through the death of His Son
        lack free will.

Comment

And neither are you able.

But the difference is that I have no OBLIGATION to "provide an ... argument".
          I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything.
          I don't CARE if you reject Reformed theology.
          You have no OBLIGATION to accept Reformed the theology.

But YOU have failed to prove Reformed theology to be "false".
          Too bad, so sad, huh?

Let's see... It was never my GOAL to be "convincing".

And you have FAILED miserably.
          How do you get out of bed in the morning?
          This really looks like you are talking to yourself, refuting yourself.

Comment

This really looks like you are talking to yourself, refuting yourself.
            <sigh>
            Thank you for the insult.
            God will bless me for it.
            Have a nice day.
            "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

<sigh>

Asked and answered.

Here is your answer AGAIN.
              No matter how many times you ask, you will only get the SAME answer over and over.

"The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination" (Boettner; public domain)
              "Bondage of the Will (Luther; public domain)

"The Five Points of Calvinism" (Steele & Thomas)
              "For Calvinism" (Horton)
              "In Defense of Calvinism" (Spurgeon)
              "Chosen By God" (Sproul)
              "The Potter's Freedom" (White)

Comment

<sigh>
                Thank you for the insult.
                God will bless me for it.
                Have a nice day.
                Its not an insult. You responded to your own post and were arguing with yourself, asking yourself how you get out of bed in the morning. I dont know how you can delete that post, maybe let the moderator know you made a mistake and have them delete it for you. Or edit it, and delete the argument you had with yourself and save a blank reply. We all have made blunders like that, no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

<sigh>

Asked and answered.

Here is your answer AGAIN.
                  No matter how many times you ask, you will only get the SAME answer over and over.

"The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination" (Boettner; public domain)
                  "Bondage of the Will (Luther; public domain)

"The Five Points of Calvinism" (Steele & Thomas)
                  "For Calvinism" (Horton)
                  "In Defense of Calvinism" (Spurgeon)
                  "Chosen By God" (Sproul)
                  "The Potter's Freedom" (White)
                  Those are opinions of those who reformed Roman Catholicism (sic)

Scriptural witness for TULIP is required.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadwell;n58***23

Its not an insult. You responded to your own post and were arguing with yourself, asking yourself how you get out of bed in the morning. I dont know how you can delete that post, maybe let the moderator know you made a mistake and have them delete it for you. Or edit it, and delete the argument you had with yourself and save a blank reply. We all have made blunders like that, no big deal.
                    Let me explain something to you.
                    I'm human.
                    I'm a sinner.
                    I make mistakes.
                    And unlike the anti-Calvinists here, I'm willing to admit when I make a mistake.

In the meantime, you FALSELY accuse me of being "unable to defend my position".
                    I'm not the least bit "unable".
                    But I am likewise not OBLIGATED to defend my position.
                    My position needs no defense, because it is BIBLICAL.

You see... Many years ago I made ANOTHER mistake.
                    I mistakenly bought into "Free-will-ism", because I was a new Christian, and ignorant of the Bible.
                    But I corrected that mistake, and I studied the Bible.
                    So I was able to admit the error of "free-will-ism".

And since you haven't "disproved" Reformed theology, there is no need for me to respond further.
                    Reformed theology (aka "the theology of the Bible") remains victorious.

Have a nice day!

Comment

I'm human.
                      I'm a sinner.
                      I make mistakes.
                      That is why I ask for the apostolic witness for TULIP.

Comment

The inability/unwillingness to even mount a defense of your false doctrine is the most deafening silence.
                        Why do I need to "mount a defence"?!
                        God is perfectly able to mount His own defense.
                        And you have offered nothing significant in terms of any "objection".

It's like a court trial, where the prosecution has presented such a lame and impotent case, that the defense has no need to do anything but, "the defense rests, your honour".

Where does the bible teach that our wills are enslaved to sin?
                        I've already shown you.
                        You simply deny it.
                        And your denials are worthless.

You claim will isnt free because its enslaved, and that the bible teaches this, without actually showing where/how. Where does the bible "generally" teach this?
                        Asked and answered.
                        You simply deny the Bible.
                        That's YOUR problem, not mine.

Have a nice day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror;n58***27

Originally posted by Theo1689;n58***32

I'm human.
                          I'm a sinner.
                          I make mistakes.
                          That is why I ask for the apostolic witness for TULIP.

Why do I need to "mount a defence"?!
                          To prove that TULIP isn't Calvo deception
                          if that isn't forthcoming than we can rest assured
                          that Calvinists don't care for the word of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theo1689;n58***32

I'm human.
                            I'm a sinner.
                            I make mistakes.
                            And unlike the anti-Calvinists here, I'm willing to admit when I make a mistake.
                            Yeah that was a pretty telling mistake. Glad you could own up to it.

In the meantime, you FALSELY accuse me of being "unable to defend my position".
                            I'm not the least bit "unable".
                            But I am likewise not OBLIGATED to defend my position.
                            My position needs no defense, because it is BIBLICAL.
                            The full story is that I said unwilling/unable to defend your position, not just limiting your lack of a proper response to inability. Where does this so called biblical position exist in the bible? I have asked that question several times now and you seem to prefer to talk about any and everything other than that. Where does the bible say that our will are enslaved to sin? You said the bible generally teaches this, without actually specifying where. I have given you citations for everything, and answered every question you had (regardless of how mundane or irrelevant it was). I am asking for the same in return. If the bible says our will are whats enslaved, I would like to know where. Do you need a day or two to find out? Do you want more time to research that statement, to see what calvin said about it? No rush, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a citation to go along with your statements.

You see... Many years ago I made ANOTHER mistake.
                            I mistakenly bought into "Free-will-ism", because I was a new Christian, and ignorant of the Bible.
                            But I corrected that mistake, and I studied the Bible.
                            So I was able to admit the error of "free-will-ism".
                            Ok, well can you provide me the verses that helped you to that conclusion? The ones that "generally teach" that our wills are enslaved to sin?

And since you haven't "disproved" Reformed theology, there is no need for me to respond further.
                            Reformed theology (aka "the theology of the Bible") remains victorious.
                            Proclaiming yourself the victor doesnt make it so. Neither does ignoring an entire post due to inability/unwillingness to refute it.

I've already shown you.
                            You simply deny it.
                            And your denials are worthless.
                            I am a human sinner like you, and I must have missed it. Can you please point to the post where you allegedly showed me? The post about where exactly the bible "generally teaches or wills are enslaved to sin"? I am not asking you to post the verses, just a link to where you allegedly did? I mean, all this typing with you telling me you already did, you could have either re posted or pointed me to the post already.

Comment

Yeah that was a pretty telling mistake. Glad you could own up to it.

The full story is that I said unwilling/unable to defend your position, not just limiting your lack of a proper response to inability. Where does this so called biblical position exist in the bible? I have asked that question several times now and you seem to prefer to talk about any and everything other than that. Where does the bible say that our will are enslaved to sin? You said the bible generally teaches this, without actually specifying where. I have given you citations for everything, and answered every question you had (regardless of how mundane or irrelevant it was). I am asking for the same in return. If the bible says our will are whats enslaved, I would like to know where. Do you need a day or two to find out? Do you want more time to research that statement, to see what calvin said about it? No rush, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a citation to go along with your statements.

Ok, well can you provide me the verses that helped you to that conclusion? The ones that "generally teach" that our wills are enslaved to sin?

Proclaiming yourself the victor doesnt make it so. Neither does ignoring an entire post due to inability/unwillingness to refute it.
                              <sigh>

I guess I don't really understand your position.

You have provided what you seem to think is a compelling argument for your position.
                              I consider it somewhat of a bankrupt argument.
                              We each have a right to our opinion.

I offered a response.
                              You simply denied it in "Nuh-huh!" fashion,
                              No matter.
                              Makes no never mind to me.

Then you asked me AGAIN.
                              Guess what, buttercup? The answer HAS NOT CHANGED.
                              So why are you asking me to give the same answer, when you have already summarily "Nuh-huh!!" it?
                              You're wasting my time.

I really don't get you.

You seem to think (I can only assume) that you think you have offered some "compelling" argument.
                              I don't think anyone else finds it the least bit compelling, but apparently you do.
                              I for one don't.

I choose to offer no (further) rebuttal, because I don't don't think there was anything significant in your post that NEEDED any "rebuttal".

I'm perfectly happy to let the "discussion" end there.
                              I'm not convinced.
                              I've heard the same lame and bankrupt arguments from others, ten million times already, and they are no better now than they were the FIRST time (or the first thousand times) I heard them.

From your perspective, you seem to think you have offered some "compelling" argument, and I have offered NOTHING in response.

Why aren't you happy with that?
                              I don't understand that.
                              The only reason I can think of is that deep down, you KNOW your arguments aren't compelling, and you want to offer more.
                              No problem!
                              You are FREE to offer as many arguments as you wish.
                              Nobody's stopping you.

I can only conclude that you are simply some insecure "debate junkie" who is never satisfied, until everyone else in the world agrees with you (which will never happen).

I'm perfectly content with my Biblical beliefs, even if others disagree with me.
                              The only think I don't understand, is why are YOU not content?
                              Why don't YOU have peace with God, like I do?

Have a nice day!

Comment

I'm perfectly content with my Biblical beliefs, even if others disagree with me.
                                The only think I don't understand, is why are YOU not content?
                                Please supply the apostolic witness for TULIP?

Why don't YOU have peace with God, like I do?
                                Calvinists are disturbed in their deception,
                                by the request for witnesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X