Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Who shall be saved ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who shall be saved ?

    Rom 10:13

    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    Now most religionist would tell us that this verse is teaching conditional salvation, conditioned on a lost sinner. Doesn't that sound odd ? Thats saying that a lost sinner if they call upon the name of the lord, that act gets them eternally saved. But thats grave error, In fact a lost sinner cant do anything gospel wise because as long as hes lost the gospel is hid from him or her. Paul writes 2 Cor 4:3-4

    3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

    So the lost wont be calling on the name of the Lord and shall be saved. So who does ? Its the saved, its they God saved that shall be saved. Jer 17:14

    Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

    When God saves us, heals us, then we shall be saved, but not until then. Calling upon the Name of the Lord is an evidence of the Lord having healed/saved one from the bondage and darkness of sin. Thats why Hes our Praise, not anything we have done !

  • #2
    PTL. God is unwilling that "any" perish but that all come to saving knowledge!! God says no unbeliever has an excuse to not know God is very real!!

    Romans 1:18-25 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

    24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Who?

      Whoever endures to the end, for one.

      Who not ?

      Whoever does not endure to the end, for one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
        ...
        ...
        So the lost wont be calling on the name of the Lord and shall be saved. So who does ? Its the saved, its they God saved that shall be saved.
        Odd; the Son of man came to save the lost, not save the saved.
        Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
        1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
          Odd; the Son of man came to save the lost, not save the saved.
          Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
          Your comment doesnt make sense. Did you understand the OP ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
            So the lost wont be calling on the name of the Lord and shall be saved.
            UNLESS, of course, the Holy Spirit is drawing "the lost" to Jesus by way of "Conviction of SIN", and of Judgement - which is the only way people do come into REPENTANCE, and calling out to God for salvation.

            The choice, to REPENT, however, is OURS and MUST BE MADE while we're being "DRAWN" to Jesus and the Conviction of SIN makes it possible to REALLY repent, and surrender.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
              Rom 10:13

              For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

              Now most religionist would tell us that this verse is teaching conditional salvation, conditioned on a lost sinner. Doesn't that sound odd ? Thats saying that a lost sinner if they call upon the name of the lord, that act gets them eternally saved. But thats grave error, In fact a lost sinner cant do anything gospel wise because as long as hes lost the gospel is hid from him or her. Paul writes 2 Cor 4:3-4

              3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

              4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

              So the lost wont be calling on the name of the Lord and shall be saved. So who does ? Its the saved, its they God saved that shall be saved. Jer 17:14

              Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

              When God saves us, heals us, then we shall be saved, but not until then. Calling upon the Name of the Lord is an evidence of the Lord having healed/saved one from the bondage and darkness of sin. Thats why Hes our Praise, not anything we have done !
              n>Every time you twist snippets of the Bible and stitch them where the were not, you violate the Word of God. Shame on you and all like you. You quote a text and then immediately laugh and mock the obvious, plain meaning of the text, and brush it off with, "Doesn't that sound odd?" Then you try to attach your junk disdain for the text by bringing a snippet from another letter to entirely another audience with other problems! Typical nonsense from people like you trying to shove Unconditional Election onto everyone. None of what you do makes sense to Unconditional Election (UE). If UE were true, nothing else matters. Not creation, not the Bible, not the Incarnation, nothing. The UE also violates all elements of the written Word. Shame on all of you pushing UE!

              “Unconditional Election” as typically taught by teachings such as that of the Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 3. “Of God's Eternal Decree” Available Online.
              1. God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass: yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established. 2. Although God knows whatsoever may or can come to pass upon all supposed conditions, yet hath he not decreed anything because he foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions. 3. By the decree of God, for the manifestation of his glory, some men and angels are predestinated unto everlasting life; and others foreordained to everlasting death. 4. These angels and men, thus predestinated, and foreordained, are particularly and unchangeably designed, and their number so certain and definite, that it cannot be either increased or diminished. 5. Those of mankind that are predestinated unto life, God, before the foundation of the world was laid, according to his eternal and immutable purpose, and the secret counsel and good pleasure of his will, hath chosen, in Christ, unto everlasting glory, out of his mere free grace and love, without any foresight of faith, or good works, or perseverance in either of them, or any other thing in the creature, as conditions, or causes moving him thereunto: and all to the praise of his glorious grace. 6. As God hath appointed the elect unto glory, so hath he, by the eternal and most free purpose of his will, foreordained all the means thereunto. Wherefore, they who are elected, being fallen in Adam, are redeemed by Christ, are effectually called unto faith in Christ by his Spirit working in due season, are justified, adopted, sanctified, and kept by his power, through faith, unto salvation. Neither are any other redeemed by Christ, effectually called, justified, adopted, sanctified, and saved, but the elect only. 7. The rest of mankind God was pleased, according to the unsearchable counsel of his own will, whereby he extendeth or witholdeth mercy, as he pleaseth, for the glory of his sovereign power over his creatures, to pass by; and to ordain them to dishonour and wrath for their sin, to the praise of his glorious justice. 8. The doctrine of this high mystery of predestination is to be handled with special prudence and care, that men, attending the will of God revealed in his Word, and yielding obedience thereunto, may, from the certainty of their effectual vocation, be assured of their eternal election. So shall this doctrine afford matter of praise, reverence, and admiration of God; and of humility, diligence, and abundant consolation to all that sincerely obey the gospel.

              .

              .
              Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
              “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                ... Did you understand the OP ?
                n>You understand this:

                https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...57#post5823657

                Yet you continue with your _.

                Let this be a lesson to lurkers what happens to those selling Unconditional Election..
                .
                Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                  UNLESS, of course, the Holy Spirit is drawing "the lost" to Jesus by way of "Conviction of SIN", and of Judgement - which is the only way people do come into REPENTANCE, and calling out to God for salvation.

                  The choice, to REPENT, however, is OURS and MUST BE MADE while we're being "DRAWN" to Jesus and the Conviction of SIN makes it possible to REALLY repent, and surrender.
                  The lost can't do anything. The Gospel is hidden from them!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                    The lost can't do anything. The Gospel is hidden from them!
                    UNTIL the Holy Spirit reveals it to them in CONVICTION of SIN.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                      The lost can't do anything. The Gospel is hidden from them!
                      John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes!! "
                        The Gospel is hidden from them that choose to reject it!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                          UNLESS, of course, the Holy Spirit is drawing "the lost" to Jesus by way of "Conviction of SIN", and of Judgement - which is the only way people do come into REPENTANCE, and calling out to God for salvation.

                          The choice, to REPENT, however, is OURS and MUST BE MADE while we're being "DRAWN" to Jesus and the Conviction of SIN makes it possible to REALLY repent, and surrender.
                          As long as one understands "drawing" isn't whooing...Like here kitty kitty, wanna treat?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                            UNTIL the Holy Spirit reveals it to them in CONVICTION of SIN.
                            Thats not a lost person, thats a born again person. A lost person doesnt have any workings inwardly of the Holy Spirit because they dont have the Spirit and they're lost.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                              Yes!! "
                              The Gospel is hidden from them that choose to reject it!
                              Inavlid comment no where in the bible !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X