Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why Does Anyone Respond Positively To God’s Commands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Anyone Respond Positively To God’s Commands?

Consider 2 Chronicles 30:6-12 where it shows clearly that the message was sent out to all, to repent and turn back to God (v. 6). The warning not to resist (vs. 7-8). The promise of Grace and Mercy if they return (v. 9). And then the exact same results as in 1 Corinthians 1:23-24, laughing, mocking, resistance, rejection as foolishness... BUT not all respond negatively. “...some men of Asher, of Manasseh, and of Zebulun humbled themselves and came to Jerusalem.” (v. 11).

This is interesting because one might assume that the idea, to humble themselves, just came freely out of nowhere... BUT the Bible does not leave the reason, behind this positive response, to mystery! The Bible actually gives the reason why these people responded positively to the command to return to God. Verse 12 says, clearly “The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king and the princes commanded by the word of the LORD.

Why did they respond positively? God gave them “...one heart to do...”! The reason they did what was commanded, is because God effectually Graced them so that they would respond positively... and He did not do this for all of them! If He did then they would ALL have responded positively!

This is why I don’t assume it’s a mystery, called “free will”, when explaining why someone responds positively to the conditional statements in the Bible, that if you repent there is Grace and Mercy and if you reject there is wrath and condemnation!

Consider this...

If God did not “give them one heart to do...” would they have repented?

The philosophical idea that “mans will is free” does not answer the mystery why anyone responds positively... verse 12 does!

“God gave them one heart to do”... otherwise they would “not do”!

We thank God for our repentance!

I don’t “assume” God is the reason why anyone does what He commands... I infer it from the Bible! (vs. 12)
    2 Timothy 2:24-26

Originally posted by Sketo View Post
    Consider 2 Chronicles 30:6-12 where it shows clearly that the message was sent out to all, to repent and turn back to God (v. 6). The warning not to resist (vs. 7-8). The promise of Grace and Mercy if they return (v. 9). And then the exact same results as in 1 Corinthians 1:23-24, laughing, mocking, resistance, rejection as foolishness... BUT not all respond negatively. “...some men of Asher, of Manasseh, and of Zebulun humbled themselves and came to Jerusalem.” (v. 11).

This is interesting because one might assume that the idea, to humble themselves, just came freely out of nowhere... BUT the Bible does not leave the reason, behind this positive response, to mystery! The Bible actually gives the reason why these people responded positively to the command to return to God. Verse 12 says, clearly “The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king and the princes commanded by the word of the LORD.

Why did they respond positively? God gave them “...one heart to do...”! The reason they did what was commanded, is because God effectually Graced them so that they would respond positively... and He did not do this for all of them! If He did then they would ALL have responded positively!

This is why I don’t assume it’s a mystery, called “free will”, when explaining why someone responds positively to the conditional statements in the Bible, that if you repent there is Grace and Mercy and if you reject there is wrath and condemnation!

Consider this...

The philosophical idea that “mans will is free” does not answer the mystery why anyone responds positively... verse 12 does!

I don’t “assume” God is the reason why anyone does what He commands... I infer it from the Bible! (vs. 12)
    Acts 16:14 tells us...The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message.

Comment

Willingness is rare, whether it is a choice, a gift, or both. Willingness is required. Willingness , God's Kingdom, Salvation, is found by all who seek Him directly, and keep seeking. This is true, even if seeking Him , seeking His Kingdom, desiring to find Him, is a gift.

Thus, seek Him. ASK, and keep asking for a heart after Yahweh's Own Heart. Eternal Life is found nowhere else. The Truth is simple. Most people choose to reject it, because their lives are evil, and they believe the enemy instead of Jesus.

Comment

Consider this...

We do have a free will to choose God or be our own god. But, that is why preachers are sent to the lost. Because some people never even consider there is a God. So He sends workers into the fields to take the Gospel of His Kingdom to the poor not rich in God, lost not knowing where God is or that He is, the hurting who suffer in hell in this life, because they don't know there is a better Way that comes by the Truth that leads them to a good Life in Christ.

God looks at the heart of a man, so when we go unto those who have never even had a thought of God, and we bring the Good News of Him and His Kingdom and share His Word(Jesus) with them. It opens up their minds to ponder if they believe, or not, so that God can see the thoughts of their heart about Him. Then and there God will have mercy upon them to open their heart up to believe if they have a inkling to believe, or shut the door to harden their heart, if they reject His free gift.
        If we speak to unbelievers who do not make an immediate decision, but they are open to hear more, then that is good for faith comes by hearing, and HEARING the Word of God as it grows. But, when we are rejected, persecuted, harmed for the good news of God's Kingdom we are not to beg, bribe or hang out with them in hopes they change their minds. We are actually told to DUST our feet against them that let's God know that they have been given opportunity and refused His gift.
        Can someone change their hearts later, I would have to say yes, for I was one who rejected the Love of Christ for most of my life, until one day, my heart was softened to believe.
        The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post
          Willingness is rare, whether it is a choice, a gift, or both. Willingness is required. Willingness , God's Kingdom, Salvation, is found by all who seek Him directly, and keep seeking. This is true, even if seeking Him , seeking His Kingdom, desiring to find Him, is a gift.

Thus, seek Him. ASK, and keep asking for a heart after Yahweh's Own Heart. Eternal Life is found nowhere else. The Truth is simple. Most people choose to reject it, because their lives are evil, and they believe the enemy instead of Jesus.
          Just a quick question...what do you do with Romans 3:11...no one understands; no one seeks for God.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

We do have a free will to choose God or be our own god. But, that is why preachers are sent to the lost. Because some people never even consider there is a God. So He sends workers into the fields to take the Gospel of His Kingdom to the poor not rich in God, lost not knowing where God is or that He is, the hurting because the suffer in hell because they don't know there is a better Way that comes by the Truth that leads them to a good life.

God looks at the heart of a man, so when we go unto those who have never even had a thought of God, and we bring the Good News of Him and His Kingdom and share His Word(Jesus) with them. It opens up their minds to ponder if they believe, or not, so that God can see the thoughts of their heart about Him. Then and there God will have mercy upon them to open their heart up to believe if they have a inkling to believe, or shut the door to harden their heart, if they reject His free gift.
            If we speak to unbelievers who do not make an immediate decision, but they are open to hear more, then that is good for faith comes by hearing, and HEARING the Word of God as it grows. But, when we are rejected, persecuted, harmed for the good news of God's Kingdom we are not to beg, bribe or hang out with them in hopes they change their minds. We are actually told to DUST our feet against them that let's God know that they have been given opportunity and refused His gift.
            Can someone change their hearts later, I would have to say yes, for I was one who rejected the Love of Christ for most of my life, until one day, my heart was softened to believe.
            The problem I have with free-will concerning salvation is what is the decision based upon for accepting or rejecting Jesus?

There's tons of scenarios....but lets say a person once heard a professor explain why there is no God. And it stuck. Later on the person hears the Gospel of Jesus Christ and remembers the professors argument and then chooses to reject the Gospel. Is it then really the persons fault for rejecting the Gospel? What if the person never met the professor and heard his anti-God message allowing them to choose Jesus?

Free-will salvation is you basing acceptance or rejection on life's happenstance.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Just a quick question...what do you do with Romans 3:11...no one understands; no one seeks for God.
              I didn't understand. I didn't seek for God.

I was raised in a 'normal' 'church'. (Protestant, not the anti-christ one world church that deceives billions).

I was taught I was saved along with all the congregation, everyone who was a member.

Somehow, it is a mystery, Yahweh moved me a thousand miles away from everyone I knew, everyone I had grown up with, all my family too.

And somehow, Yahweh arranged?, I SAW JOYOUS TRUE LIVING EKKLESIA ! ! ! And for months grew hungry for "what they had" (TRUE LIFE, TRUE JOY).

And for months/years/ I repented of all my isn, of all my life rebellious, apart from Jesus, self-centered life I had lived in darkness (yet called a 'good' "Christian" by all).

Now the sorrows are increased without measure - no limit - no end in sight, at all the wickednesses all around, everywhere, even in the 'house called Christian'(churches). .. .. .. ..
              .. .. .. .. ..
              .. .. ... ... ... ... ... ..

Comment

Consider this...

2Ch 30:12 Also in Judah the hand of God was to give them one heart to do the commandment of the king and of the princes, by the word of the LORD.

God by the Spirit,gave them the one heart by coaxing till some effectually libertarianly freely repented and received it, not that God rigged their hearts to invariably repent. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed external threats. As we see in a previous verse ...

2Ch 30:8 Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you.

This is not a mystery. We all naturally even in everyday situations tend to make choices one way or another when threatened or rewarded, and not all will react the same. Of course in repentence decisions the Holy Spirit must be involved.

But it is only Calvinism that makes it a mystery how we could choose without our choice being rigged. It is also a mystery how God can create out of nothing. It would be no problem for God to create someone with libertarian free thought out choice that is not random.

Comment

Working...
                X